Due to renewed interest in its demonstrated anti-aging, sleep-promoting, and disease-fighting effects, many peptide researchers are interested in where to buy epithalon online.
That is why we have created this guide to the best place to buy this research peptide online and how to place an order, safely and securely. To aid prospective researchers, we have also included a discussion of the benefits and side effects of epithalon, along with its safety profile, cost, and a sample dosage protocol.
Buy Epithalon from the #1 online Peptides vendor in the world...
Disclaimer: Peptides.org contains information about products that are intended for laboratory and research use only, unless otherwise explicitly stated. This information, including any referenced scientific or clinical research, is made available for educational purposes only. Peptides.org makes every effort to ensure that any information it shares complies with national and international standards for clinical trial information and is committed to the timely disclosure of the design and results of all interventional clinical studies for innovative treatments publicly available or that may be made available. However, research is not considered conclusive. Peptides.org makes no claims that any products referenced can cure, treat or prevent any conditions, including any conditions referenced on its website or in print materials.
What is Epithalon?
Epithalon is a synthetic version of epithalamin, a naturally occurring tetrapeptide found in the bovine pineal glands. Also known as epitalon or epithalone, it was discovered in the late 1980s by Prof. Vladimir Khavinson, who now heads the Saint Petersburg Institute of Bioregulation and Gerontology .
Like epithalamin, epithalon is also a tetrapeptide that comprises four amino acids. It is believed to stimulate and elongate telomeres in human somatic cells, helping them maintain proper length. Epithalon’s ability to upregulate telomerase activity has numerous effects, including life extension, anti-aging properties, and inhibition of tumorigenesis [2, 3].
Epithalon has been found to suppress the CCl11 and HMGB1 genes and increase the lifespan of cell cultures and animal test subjects . Further, the peptide has also been found to exert antioxidant effects, while inhibiting carcinogenic receptor expression, giving it anti-tumor effects in breast and colorectal cancer [5, 6].
Epithalon regulates biomolecules that play important roles in the inflammation process including cytokines and C-reactive protein. This suggests that it may be beneficial in treating conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and ulcerative colitis .
Lastly, epithalon plays a significant role in the endocrine system by increasing levels of endogenous hormones that naturally diminish with age, such as melatonin (which helps regulate the sleep cycle), and gonadotropic hormones (FSG, LG, prolactin), which play a role in reproductive functions .
Epithalon Benefits | Clinical Trials
Epithalon is a research chemical and is therefore sold for in vitro testing and laboratory experimentation only. It is not approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration nor by any of its international regulatory counterparts. Researchers interested in studying epithalon may note that it has been observed to offer the following benefits in past studies and trials.
Epithalon and anti-aging
As telomeres shorten with age and epithalon induces telomerase activity and elongates telomeres, there is strong research interest in epithalon from an anti-aging standpoint:
- A 2003 study by Khavinson et al. found that epithalon elongated telomeres and induced telomerase activity when introduced to telomerase-negative human fetal fibroblast cultures, with the authors concluding that epithalon may “prolong the lifespan of cell populations” .
- A 2007 study conducted in Russia found that epithalon extended the lifespan of rats exposed to natural and constant illumination .
- A 2003 study involving epithalamin (the substance from which synthetic epithalon is derived) found that epithalon has a “positive effect” on cardiovascular, endocrine, immune, and nervous systems, and may prolong the lifespan of elderly human test subjects .
- A 12-year randomized clinical study involving epithalamin found that this peptide was associated with a “geroprotective effect” and increased the lifespan in elderly subjects with heart disease and accelerated aging of the cardiovascular system .
- A 15-year follow-up study published in 2011 found that patients with a rapidly aging cardiovascular system who received epithalamin treatment for 2-3 years experienced a 1.6-1.8 fold decreased mortality rate compared with the control group .
Epithalon and sleep enhancement
As noted, epithalon can increase levels of melatonin, which is strongly involved in regulating the sleep cycle, thus leading to research interest in the sleep-promoting effect of epithalon .
A 2007 clinical trial conducted in Russia found that epithalon can normalize the hormone circadian rhythm in elderly test subjects and increase nighttime levels of melatonin in subjects with pineal gland functional insufficiency . These findings prompted researchers to conclude that epithalon may help increase the quality of life for elderly patients by improving sleep quality.
Disease fighting, anti-cancer, and antioxidant effects
Epithalon has antioxidant activity that helps regulate levels of cytokines and C-reactive protein [5, 7]. This has generated strong research interest in epithalon as a potential treatment for a variety of inflammatory ailments including arthritis and ulcerative colitis.
Breast cancer and colorectal cancer studies have shown that epithalon exhibits strong anti-tumor effects and inhibits the expression of carcinogenic receptors . A research paper published in 1997 found that epithalon treatment decreased the size of tumors in test subjects with ovarian, uterine, and cervical cancer while helping to restore cellular immunity .
This brief summary of epithalon benefits should provide researchers with a useful starting point for identifying key areas where further research may be warranted.
Epithalon Side Effects
According to a 15-year follow-up study on patients who had received up to six courses of epithalamin treatment over a period of three years, researchers were not able to identify any major side effects or adverse events caused by the peptide . This is consistent with the published epithalon research to date.
As with the subcutaneous administration of any peptide, the subject may experience minor, injection-related side effects such as swelling and redness at the injection site. Mild nausea has also been reported in subjects who are administered doses in excess of 1mg.
Is Epithalon Safe?
Epithalon has not undergone any long-term safety studies, for which reason we cannot draw any definitive conclusions related to its safety. Researchers interested in investigating epithalon’s safety profile should note that the peptide has not been formally reviewed by the United States Food and Drug Administration, nor by any of its international regulatory counterparts.
As noted, however, the peptide has exhibited minor to no side effects when administered to both animal subjects and humans, across a variety of research settings and dosages. Notably, based on the results of the above-cited 15-year follow-up study, concluded in 2011, epithalamin-treatment patients had “significantly lower mortality” compared to the control group . In summary, despite the lack of formal long-term safety data on epithalon, we do not note any safety issues associated with the peptide.
Epithalon Dosage Calculator
Epithalon is sold exclusively for research purposes and no dosage protocol has been universally agreed upon as safe and effective for test subjects. A number of dosage protocols appear in the epithalamin and epithalon studies and trials performed to date, the most notable of which has been the Khavinson protocol (or, “Russian protocol”) for anti-aging and longevity .
The Khavinson protocol calls for a total course of 100 mg total of epithalamin, administered over the course of 10 days, twice per year. However, we note that several online sources have incorrectly transcribed the protocol as applicable to the administration of epithalon, not epithalamin—which is the crude polypeptide extract that has been administered in the bulk of the Russian studies.
While 100 mg of epithalamin extract would generally equal 1 mg of epithalon, most researchers are opting to test higher epithalon dosages in anti-aging contexts, based on the following adaptation of the Khavinson protocol:
- Daily Dosage: 500mcg – 1mg of epithalon
- Frequency: Administer one to two injections daily. For twice-daily injections, administer once in the morning and once at night.
- Study Duration: 10-20 days
- Repeat Cycle: 1-2 times/year. Each course should be followed by a pause of at least four months.
- Notes: Based on this sample protocol, one 10mg epithalon vial suffices for one epithalon cycle.
Where to Buy Epithalon Online
Researchers curious about where to buy epithalon online may be overwhelmed by the number of peptide vendors to choose from.
To assist researchers, our team has placed small test orders with multiple online vendors and rated them according to their professionalism, prices, speed of delivery, and overall reliability.
So, what’s our No. 1 recommendation?
Peptide Sciences | Best USA-Made Research Chemicals
In our opinion, Peptide Sciences is the No. 1 place to legally order epithalon online in 2022 and beyond.
Here are the main reasons why we rate them #1:
- Friendly Customer Service Team: Unlike some other vendors we contacted, Peptide Sciences has a team of helpful, friendly staff that will respond promptly to any queries that researchers may have.
- Informative Website: Peptide Sciences has a clean, professional website that is packed full of information about epithalon and other peptides. Researchers interested in experimenting with this peptide will find a wealth of information here.
- Fast, Free Shipping to the US: U.S.-based researchers can receive epithalon in 2-3 days when they shop here and all orders over $200 ship free. Researchers based internationally can receive their peptides in 7-10 days.
- Independently Tested Peptide: Peptide Sciences has every batch of epithalon tested by an independent lab (ANG Sciences) before listing the batch for sale. They then post the lab results online for researchers to freely view. This provides a level of transparency not seen with other vendors.
- Reasonable Prices: We will discuss prices in more detail a little later in this guide, but Peptide Sciences charges $65 for a 10mg vial of epithalon, $95 for a 20 mg vial, and $215 for a 50mg vial. They also offer generous discounts to researchers who order in bulk.
- Secure Payment Options: Peptide Sciences’ website is secured with the latest SSL technology so researchers can order in confidence when they shop here. A range of secure payment options are accepted including electronic check, FLEX Payment, credit cards, Apple Cash, Cash App, Zelle, and cryptocurrencies like bitcoin and ethereum.
After testing the services offered by dozens of peptide vendors, we’re confident that Peptide Sciences is the one to beat. In terms of their speed, professionalism, and the value they offer, no other vendor comes close.
How to Reconstitute Epithalon
Epithalon is reconstituted by injecting bacteriostatic water into the peptide vial and swilling the solution until the epithalon powder is fully dissolved.
How is Epithalon Delivered?
Epithalon is most commonly injected subcutaneously, approximately two inches to either side of the test subject’s belly button area.
How to Take Epithalon
Based on the adapted Khavinson protocol, epithalon may be administered subcutaneously at daily doses starting from 500 micograms for 10-20 days.
Epithalon For Sale | Overall
Researchers interested in where to buy epithalon should have no issues obtaining this research chemical from our preferred vendor for their next experiment. Our summary of this peptide’s benefits, side effects, and dosages has helped highlight plenty of possible directions for future work to take including anti-aging, sleep, antioxidant, and anti-tumor research.
Researchers looking to buy epithalon are advised to place their orders with Peptide Sciences, the leading supplier of US-produced peptides.
Buy Epithalon from the #1 online Peptides vendor in the world...