Buy Melanotan 2 Online | The A-Z Guide
Melanotan 2 (MT-2) is a synthetic peptide and analogue of alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone. MT-2 has a shorter amino acid sequence than melanotan 1 (afamelanotide), and is believed to have a stronger effect on melanocortin receptors 3 and 4, involved in penile erection and appetite suppression.
Like MT-1, MT-2 is commonly used as a sunless tanning agent and to stimulate sexual arousal, and is also known to reduce hunger, alleviate compulsive/addictive behavior, and improve body composition.
- FREE Shipping for orders over $200 (USA Only)
- $15.00 Flat Rate Shipping Worldwide (Most Countries)
- Includes one 30mL Bacteriostatic Water with orders over $400
What is Melanotan 2?
Very briefly, Melanotan is a synthetic peptide that has a chemical structure very similar to a peptide hormone that is naturally produced in, and secreted by, the pituitary gland: alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone (α-MSH) .
This peptide, α-MSH, has several roles and functions. It binds to a particular family of receptors called melanocortin receptors and helps regulate a number of bodily functions .
For instance, one of the melanocortin receptors, MC-1R, upregulates the production of melanin in the body. Melanin is the pigment substance that makes the skin darker and is produced in specialized cells throughout your skin called melanocytes. Increasing the amount of melanin in the skin increases protection against sun damage.
There are a number of additional effects that Melanotan has via the melanocortin receptors. For example, the third melanocortin receptor, MC-3R, is involved in appetite regulation. That's why Melanotan has been found to have the effect of regulating (and decreasing) appetite.
Also, the fourth melanocortin receptor, MC-4R, is involved in the regulation of sexual activity, which is why Melanotan 2 has been found to have a significant effect on increasing libido and improving erectile function. So Melanotan is a pretty versatile peptide.
There are two types of Melanotan - Melanotan 1 and Melanotan 2 - otherwise known as MT-1 and MT-2. Let’s look at the main similarities and differences between these two peptides.
Melanotan 1 vs. Melanotan 2
There are two types of Melanotan: type 1 and type 2. They are often referred to as Melanotan I and Melanotan II, or MT-1 and MT-2, respectively.
What is the difference between MT-1 and MT-2?
Basically, they differ in their chemical structure. MT-1 is a straight, longer peptide whereas MT-2 is a shorter, circular peptide. That difference in shape and structure means that they bind differently to the melanocortin receptors and have slightly different effects.
Past research has shown that Melanotan 1 can:
- Darken skin without sun exposure
- Sold as a prescription medication in the US and EU to treat erythropoietic protoporphyria
As Melanotan 1 has a shorter half-life than Melanotan II, its effects don't last as long. It is typically more expensive and less popular among researchers than Melanotan II.
Past research has shown that Melanotan 2 can:
- Darken skin with sun exposure
- Affect libido and appetite
As Melanotan 2 has a longer half-life than Melanotan I, its effects last longer, It is not available as a prescription medication and is typically less expensive than Melanotan I when purchased as a research chemical. This means that MT-1 is generally more popular than Melanotan II among researchers.
In the following section, we’ll look at some of the benefits of Melanotan 2.
Benefits of Melanotan 2
Past research involving Melanotan has found that this research chemical has the following effects:
- Faster tanning: Melanotan has been found to increase the rate at which tanning occurs . It may even help protect against sun damage and reduce the risk of skin cancer [4, 5].
- Reducing appetite: Research has found that Melanotan can reduce hunger and change food preferences towards less fatty foods . Some researchers have suggested that it could become a useful medication in the fight against obesity [7, 8].
- Regulating blood sugar: Melanocortin receptors are involved in the process of regulating blood sugar. This is part of the reason that Melanotan may aid fat burning. One study concluded that Melanotan 2 may be useful for diabetics in regulating blood sugar .
- Improving addictive behaviors: Researchers have found that MT-2 may play a role in reducing impulsive behaviors, including engaging in addictive behaviors . For example, one study in mice found that alcohol-addicted mice engaged in fewer binge-drinking behaviors after they were given Melanotan injections .
- Erectile function and libido: Besides tanning, one of the most well-studied effects of Melanotan injections is increased sexual function. Research has consistently found that Melanotan leads to improved erectile function in men [11, 12].
Together these Melanotan benefits are quite impressive. They're the reason why researchers worldwide are actively investigating this research chemical. In the following section, we’ll explore where Melanotan can be purchased by researchers.
Buying Melanotan Online vs. Prescription?
So where should researchers buy Melanotan?
Buy Melanotan I from a pharmacy?
MT-1, which is sold under the trade name "Scenesse" (and which is also called by its generic name "Afamelanotide") is available as a prescription medication in the US, Europe, and several other countries for people with a diagnosis of erythropoietic protoporphyria.
Erythropoietic protoporphyria is a condition in which an individual has an extreme sensitivity to sunlight. For these people, normal sun exposure can be painful. Afamelanotide (Melanotan 1) helps these people increase the melanin in their skin, which reduces the pain they feel from sunlight.
Therefore, individuals who have been diagnosed with erythropoietic protoporphyria may be able to buy Melanotan with a prescription.
Buy Melanotan online?
Melanotan can also be purchased online by prescription-holders and is often substantially less expensive than the brand-name products sold in pharmacies.
Researchers can also purchase Melanotan online as a research chemical for the purpose of conducting experiments.
We'll go into detail about the best place to buy Melanotan online a bit later on in this article. But the burning question is...
Is Melanotan legal to buy online?
In most countries, yes.
First, of course, laws differ by country, so researchers are advised to check local laws and regulations before placing an order.
But, in most places, Melanotan 2 can be legally purchased by researchers for research purposes. Researchers planning to use Melanotan in research will usually find that it's absolutely legal in many countries to do just that.
However, it's typically not legal for local stores to sell Melanotan for research. That's why researchers probably won't find it at local supplement stores. Those looking to try out Melanotan will have to head online.
How Much Does Melanotan 2 Cost?
Okay, so it has a lot of great effects... but it must be expensive. How much does Melanotan 2 cost?
The prices range.
On the low end of the scale, the Melanotan 2 price can be as little as about $50 US for 10 mg. That equates to around 20 standard doses and works out to about $2.50 per dose. Yes, there are cheaper sticker prices out there, but those peptides are unlikely to be pure and are likely stuffed with fillers and additives.
From there, Melanotan 2 prices go up quite a bit and can get a lot more expensive—up to $100 per 10 mg. Pharmacies can charge even more.
How to Buy Melanotan 2 Online
While many vendors currently offer Melanotan online, not all of them are legitimate businesses selling research-grade peptides. That’s why the first step is to find a reputable vendor.
Here are some questions that researchers can ask to find a good vendor:
- Do they have rigorous product testing? A legitimate vendor will prove the purity of their peptides. Look for lab analysis results posted publicly. This signals that the vendor is taking the purity of their product seriously.
- What are their reviews like? A solid vendor that's been around awhile will have numerous 3rd party reviews posted online. Have a quick look around the web—are others satisfied with their experience? Look for vendors with a strong online presence and a good track record.
- Are their transactions secure? Look for vendors that are using the latest in secure payment technology and accept privacy-focused options like cryptocurrencies.
- Is there a return/refund policy? Look for a clear policy on how the vendor says they will remedy the situation if there's a problem with an order.
Lastly, look for a vendor that has some sort of product disclaimer like this:
“THIS PRODUCT IS INTENDED AS A RESEARCH CHEMICAL ONLY. This designation allows the use of research chemicals strictly for in vitro testing and laboratory experimentation only.
All product information available on this website is for educational purposes only. Bodily introduction of any kind into humans or animals is strictly forbidden by law.
This product should be handled by licensed, qualified professionals. This product is not a drug, food or cosmetic and may not be misbranded, misused or mislabeled as a drug, food or cosmetic.”
Disclaimers like this demonstrate that the vendor is taking its legal responsibilities seriously.
The best online Melanotan vendor
We've been through several vendors, and our favorite continues to be Peptide Sciences. They've seen us through countless orders. The product is always pure, always arrives quickly, and we've never had any issues.
We like Peptide Sciences because:
- They have convenient secure payment options: The SSL technology they use makes it difficult for others to snoop on payment info. They also accept cryptocurrencies in addition to credit cards and other e-payment options.
- They have quick shipping and generous rates: They ship within 2-3 days in the US, within 10 days internationally. At the moment, shipping is free on orders over $100. It's a reasonable $15 flat rate otherwise.
- Great customer service: They take care of their customers like family and respond to emails within 24 hours.
- 99+% Pure peptides: They publish certificates of analysis on all their peptide products to prove that they ship pure, research-grade peptides.
They've never let us down—we've always had a really good experience with these guys. We highly recommend Peptide Sciences.
Buy Melanotan 2 from the #1 online Peptides vendor in the world...
How to Order Melanotan 2 | Country-by-Country
It's pretty easy these days for researchers to get peptide orders shipped to the USA. But what about researchers located internationally? Can they buy Melanotan 2 abroad?
Honestly, this is another reason Peptide Sciences is so great. They ship internationally to over 170 countries, including Canada, the UK, and most of Europe. Have a look at their page for a full list of countries they ship to.
Bacteriostatic Water For Injection
When working with Melanotan 2, researchers must have access to the right tools.
For both safety and efficacy, your lab should be equipped with sterile vials, insulin syringes, and bacteriostatic water, among other essential supplies.
While many researchers struggle to gather all these items in a timely and affordable manner, you don’t have to!
The Peptides.org team is happy to give you our best recommendation for all required lab supplies when handling research peptides.
This online retailer is a favorite among leading scientists, delivering premium toolkits packed with the essentials. Check out the concierge sets available from BacteriostaticWater.org.
Included in the starter research kit:
- Bacteriostatic Water (30mL) - 3x
- Insulin Syringes (0.5 cc/mL x 29g x ½) - 100x
- Alcohol Prep Pads - 200x
- Sterile Empty Glass Vial (10mL) - 1x
- Large Needles + Syringes Combo (3cc x 21g x 1) - 10x
The site´s premium research kit delivers:
- Bacteriostatic Water (30mL) - 5x
- Insulin Syringes (0.5 cc/mL x 29g x ½) - 200x
- Alcohol Prep Pads - 200x
- Sterile Empty Glass Vial (10mL) - 2x
- Large Needles + Syringes Combo (3cc x 21g x 1) - 20x
Expedite and elevate your peptide research with a top-caliber supply kit from our favorite bac water supplier.
Researchers actively considering Melanotan research may be trying to decide whether it's worth the risk. Hopefully, this guide has allayed any fears that researchers may have and helped them find a reputable vendor that can supply research-grade Melanotan for experimentation.
Researchers interested in exploring Melanotan 2 and its benefits and side effects are encouraged to consult the guidelines above when choosing a vendor. This will reduce the risk of losing money and increase the chances of finding pure Melanotan for sale.
- Gwyer D, Wragg NM, Wilson SL. Gastric pentadecapeptide body protection compound BPC 157 and its role in accelerating musculoskeletal soft tissue healing. Cell Tissue Res. 2019;377(2):153-159. doi:10.1007/s00441-019-03016-8
- Chang CH, Tsai WC, Hsu YH, Pang JH. Pentadecapeptide BPC 157 enhances the growth hormone receptor expression in tendon fibroblasts. Molecules. 2014;19(11):19066-19077. Published 2014 Nov 19. doi:10.3390/molecules191119066
- Vukojevic J, Milavić M, Perović D, et al. Pentadecapeptide BPC 157 and the central nervous system. Neural Regen Res. 2022;17(3):482-487. doi:10.4103/1673-5374.320969
- Knezevic M, Gojkovic S, Krezic I, et al. Occlusion of the Superior Mesenteric Artery in Rats Reversed by Collateral Pathways Activation: Gastric Pentadecapeptide BPC 157 Therapy Counteracts Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome; Intracranial, Portal, and Caval Hypertension; and Aortal Hypotension. Biomedicines. 2021;9(6):609. Published 2021 May 26. doi:10.3390/biomedicines9060609
- Hsieh MJ, Lee CH, Chueh HY, et al. Modulatory effects of BPC 157 on vasomotor tone and the activation of Src-Caveolin-1-endothelial nitric oxide synthase pathway. Sci Rep. 2020;10(1):17078. Published 2020 Oct 13. doi:10.1038/s41598-020-74022-y
- Lozic M, Stambolija V, Krezic I, et al. In relation to NO-System, Stable Pentadecapeptide BPC 157 Counteracts Lidocaine-Induced Adverse Effects in Rats and Depolarisation In Vitro. Emerg Med Int. 2020;2020:6805354. Published 2020 May 27. doi:10.1155/2020/6805354
- Lee E, Padgett B. Intra-Articular Injection of BPC 157 for Multiple Types of Knee Pain. Altern Ther Health Med. 2021;27(4):8-13.
- Harty PS, Zabriskie HA, Erickson JL, Molling PE, Kerksick CM, Jagim AR. Multi-ingredient pre-workout supplements, safety implications, and performance outcomes: a brief review. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2018;15(1):41. Published 2018 Aug 8. doi:10.1186/s12970-018-0247-6
- Sikiric P, Drmic D, Sever M, et al. Fistulas Healing. Stable Gastric Pentadecapeptide BPC 157 Therapy. Curr Pharm Des. 2020;26(25):2991-3000. doi:10.2174/1381612826666200424180139
- Park JM, Lee HJ, Sikiric P, Hahm KB. BPC 157 Rescued NSAID-cytotoxicity Via Stabilizing Intestinal Permeability and Enhancing Cytoprotection. Curr Pharm Des. 2020;26(25):2971-2981. doi:10.2174/1381612826666200523180301
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. PubChem Compound Summary for CID 9941957. https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Bpc-157. Accessed Sept. 10, 2021.
- Sikiric P, Seiwerth S, Rucman R, Turkovic B, Rokotov DS, Brcic L, Sever M, Klicek R, Radic B, Drmic D, Ilic S, Kolenc D, Aralica G, Safic H, Suran J, Rak D, Dzidic S, Vrcic H, Sebecic B. Toxicity by NSAIDs. Counteraction by stable gastric pentadecapeptide BPC 157. Curr Pharm Des. 2013;19(1):76-83. doi: 10.2174/13816128130111. PMID: 22950504.
- Strinic D, Belosic Halle Z, Luetic K, Nedic A, Petrovic I, Sucic M, Zivanovic Posilovic G, Balenovic D, Strbe S, Udovicic M, Drmic D, Stupnisek M, Lovric Bencic M, Seiwerth S, Sikiric P. BPC 157 counteracts QTc prolongation induced by haloperidol, fluphenazine, clozapine, olanzapine, quetiapine, sulpiride, and metoclopramide in rats. Life Sci. 2017 Oct 1;186:66-79. doi: 10.1016/j.lfs.2017.08.006. Epub 2017 Aug 7. PMID: 28797793.
- Jelovac N, Sikiric P, Rucman R, Petek M, Marovic A, Perovic D, Seiwerth S, Mise S, Turkovic B, Dodig G, Miklic P, Buljat G, Prkacin I. Pentadecapeptide BPC 157 attenuates disturbances induced by neuroleptics: the effect on catalepsy and gastric ulcers in mice and rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 1999 Aug 20;379(1):19-31. doi: 10.1016/s0014-2999(99)00486-0. PMID: 10499368.
- United States Anti-Doping Agency. BPC-157: experimental peptide creates risk for athletes. USADA website. https://www.usada.org/spirit-of-sport/education/bpc-157-peptide-risk/
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.