Researchers are increasingly looking into the question of kisspeptin-10 dosage, with many looking for guidelines on how to use this peptide as an adjunct to testosterone replacement therapy.
Kisspeptin-10 is key to hormone signaling during puberty, as well as facilitating reproductive processes. Specifically, the peptide is known to:
- Stimulate the pituitary hormones LH and FSH
- Regulate emotions and mood
- Positively impact metabolism
In this kisspeptin-10 dosage calculator and guide, we discuss the potential benefits and side effects of the peptide, before going over a sample dosing protocol.
We close by recommending a peptide vendor that sells USA-produced kisspeptin-10 for research purposes.
Buy Kisspeptin-10 from our top-rated vendor...
Disclaimer: Peptides.org contains information about products that are intended for laboratory and research use only, unless otherwise explicitly stated. This information, including any referenced scientific or clinical research, is made available for educational purposes only. Likewise, any published information relative to the dosing and administration of reference materials is made available strictly for reference and shall not be construed to encourage the self-administration or any human use of said reference materials. Peptides.org makes every effort to ensure that any information it shares complies with national and international standards for clinical trial information and is committed to the timely disclosure of the design and results of all interventional clinical studies for innovative treatments publicly available or that may be made available. However, research is not considered conclusive. Peptides.org makes no claims that any products referenced can cure, treat or prevent any conditions, including any conditions referenced on its website or in print materials.
Kisspeptin-10 Dosage Chart | Quick Breakdown
|Specific dosing regime should be based on researcher LH and FSH response
|Kisspeptin-10 Dosage for Research
What is Kisspeptin-10?
Naturally produced in the hypothalamus, the neuropeptide kisspeptin is one of the most crucial components of the reproductive system, as it is largely responsible for the regulation of downstream reproductive hormone release .
Kisspeptin-10 is an analog of kisspeptin (metastin) that works by signaling nerve terminals of GnRH neurons to regulate GnRH release, pulsatility, and discharge, in addition to serotonin. The activation of endogenous gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) in the pituitary gland then leads to elevated production of LH and FSH.
By consequence, kisspeptin-10 injections have been shown to increase testosterone levels in men, in addition to improving fertility [2, 3]. Studies have shown that the absence of kisspeptin signaling in rodents and humans can lead to hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (HH) and difficulty in sexual maturation .
Aside from the important role kisspeptin plays in the regulation of reproductive functions, recent studies have shown that it also contributes to controlling metabolism and mood . One study has shown that kisspeptin administration can substantially decrease central levels of the key inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA in the human brain, leading to changes in how the body reacts to anxiety, stress, and fear .
Kisspeptin-10 is most noted for its benefits relative to human reproduction, but it has also been shown to positively affect metabolism, mood, and behavior.
Kisspeptin-10 may facilitate weight loss
Kisspeptin works within the same hormone feedback loop as does human chorionic gonadotropin: the critical hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal (HPG) axis. The potential effect on weight loss is achieved through the boosting of luteinizing hormone and adiponectin.
The increase in adiponectin in turn reduces blood glucose, leading to a faster breakdown of fatty acids. The activation of adiponectin can thus help with the management of weight and weight-related disorders .
A 2010 study on male rhesus monkeys found that kisspeptin-10 administration significantly increased mean plasma adiponectin levels under fed and 24-hour fasting conditions, as compared to pretreatment or vehicle-treatment levels .
Kisspeptin-10 may help reduce anxiety
The kisspeptin system is also believed to impact hormonal aspects of anxiety and stress. Specifically, kisspeptin-10 has been shown in zebrafish to reduce fear response through serotonergic pathways, which directly affects reproduction and conservation .
In addition, kisspeptin-10 has been shown to regulate nitric oxide, neurokinin B, dynorphin, glutamate, glutamate receptors, as well as cocaine and amphetamine-responsive transcript signals. Kisspeptin signaling can thus stimulate various pathways in the body to produce changes in emotions and sexual cognition .
Kisspeptin-10 as a testosterone therapy adjunct
Kisspeptin-10 has been posited as an alternative to hCG in subjects undergoing testosterone therapy, as it allows for the optimization of FSH and LH levels, and so serves to stabilize the HPG hormonal feedback loop. Kisspeptin and its receptor are present in human spermatozoa and modulate key parameters of sperm function [6, 7].
Studies have shown kisspeptin-10 to contribute positively to the effects of reproductive hormones. One such study found that injecting kisspeptin-10 into healthy males increased LH production, LH pulse frequency and size, and testosterone .
In addition, kisspeptin causes a transient increase in the percentage of a grade spermatozoa. In males, circulating kisspeptin levels have been found to be higher in fertile men than infertile men .
Kisspeptin for enhanced memory and mood
Rodent research suggests that administration of kissorphin, a derivative of kisspeptin-10, can prevent spatial memory impairments, and aso reverse learning deficits induced by ethanol administration. It was found that kissorphin given during withdrawal from “binge-like” ethanol administration reduced cognitive flexibility impairment in ethanol-withdrawal rats .
Additional rodent studies have shown that kisspeptin can produce antidepressant-like effects . Namely, peripheral kisspeptin administration enhances frontal brain activity in response to negative pictures and reduces negative mood [11, 12].
Furthermore, a study conducted on 29 healthy heterosexual young men found that kisspeptin enhances limbic brain activity, is correlated with “psychometric measures of reward, drive, mood, and sexual aversion.” The study also found that kisspeptin administration attenuated negative mood .
Kisspeptin-10 Side Effects
Studies have shown that kisspeptin may be administered safely to subjects without serious adverse effects [8, 13]. In healthy human volunteers, intravenous administration of kisspeptin effectively increases LH, FSH, and testosterone without side effects in both males and females .
A study investigating the effect of kisspeptin-10 on GnRH recorded that a number of vital signs remained stable in test subjects throughout the study period. The signs included blood pressure, heart rate, peripheral oxygenation, liver function, renal function, hemoglobin, mean corpuscular volume, and electrolytes .
However, one study has found that mice injected with a pharmacological dose of kisspeptin-10 experienced a handful of side effects, namely altered metabolism through suppressed food intake, meal size, and eating rate. These findings suggest that kisspeptin-10 could affect metabolism and energy homeostasis by reducing appetite and therefore food consumption .
In another rodent study, researchers administered a range of kisspeptin-10 doses (1 μg, 1 ηg, and 10 ρg) to prepubertal male rats twice daily, noting degeneration of seminiferous tubules, multinucleated giant cell formation, intratubular vacuolization, widened lumen and deshaped germ cells. The researchers concluded that long-term kisspeptin-10 administration negatively affects gonadal maturation in prepubertal testes .
Kisspeptin-10 Dosage Calculator and Guide
Below we provide researchers with information on how kisspeptin-10 may be administered to test subjects.
Kisspeptin-10 Administration Notes
- The typical method of administering kisspeptin-10 is via intravenous infusion. Yet, the peptide can also be administered as a subcutaneous injection. Subcutaneous injections are often the preferred method in research settings due to ease of use and safety.
- The effects of kisspeptin-10 may typically be observed for twenty four hours after the initial injection. Peak concentrations of LH and testosterone reach 45-60 minutes after administration for all dosages tested .
- Researchers should note that kisspeptin-10 may produce greater effects when administered to subjects in a fasted state. One study found that fed subjects demonstrated a 9 to 10 fold increase in LH concentrations in serum 15 minutes following kisspeptin injection. In contrast, the researchers observed a 50- to 60-fold increase in LH release in fasted subjects .
- Studies report that LH response is highest after administering a one-time dose of 1mcg/kg of body weight, compared to higher or lower doses of kisspeptin-10 . Therefore, subjects should be administered doses of around 100mcg for achieving maximum effectiveness.
- Studies report that another kisspeptin analog (kisspeptin-54) leads to desensitization when administered daily, but not when administered bi-weekly in female subjects. Desensitization of the receptors may lead to the opposite effect and reduction of LH levels. Studies in male subjects do not report desensitization after almost 24 hour infusion of kisspeptin-10. Nevertheless, researchers are advised against repeated daily dosing of the peptide. Specific dosing regimes should be determined based on individual LH and FSH response .
Sample Kisspeptin-10 Dosage Protocol for Testicular Atrophy Research
For reference purposes, here is a sample kisspeptin-10 protocol that researchers may administer to achieve the prevention of testicular atrophy in subjects undergoing testosterone therapy:
- Dosage: One subcutaneous injection of 100-200mcg of kisspeptin-10.
- Frequency: Do not administer daily. Administer as a single subcutaneous injection. Repeated use carries unknown risk for desensitization, which may lead to the opposite effect—suppression of LH and testosterone synthesis.
- Study Duration: Administer as an adjunct to testosterone therapy.
- Notes: To determine appropriate dosing schedule for a given subject, perform blood work to assess FSH and LH levels.
Where to Buy Kisspeptin-10 Online? | 2024 Edition
A number of online peptide vendors offer kisspeptin-10 for sale. Yet researchers may wish to compare various online vendors to determine which are selling legitimate, research-grade products.
Our team took the time to research and compare the top vendors based on factors like delivery speed, pricing, and product purity. Here are our top picks for kisspeptin-10:
We have determined that Limitless Life is the best source of research peptides, including kisspeptin-10.
They sell 99% pure kisspeptin-10 to researchers worldwide and have an excellent reputation within the industry.
Here’s why they stand out:
- Lab Testing: In an effort to provide high-quality, authentic products to researchers, Limitless Life ensures that every research chemical undergoes third-party testing, including HPLC-MS analysis.
- Made in the USA: Reference materials sold by Limitless Life are manufactured and sourced in the United States in accordance with federal regulations. This adds another layer of trust and reassurance that their products are of high quality.
- Fast Shipping: Limitless Life charges a low flat shipping fee on U.S. orders, and waives that fee on orders of $350+. Researchers can expect their products in about three days.
- Friendly Service: Researchers may direct any concerns or inquiries to Limitless Life’s dedicated support team, available by phone and email during business hours.
Limitless Life is likewise offering its first-time customers a 10% discount via this coupon code:
Buy research peptides from Limitless Life, a top-rated vendor...
Xcel Peptides is a newer vendor but one that is certain to meet any research laboratory’s needs.
Here is why we endorse their business:
- Lab-Tested Kisspeptin: Xcel Peptides places a strong emphasis on product testing to ensure they ship only research grade peptides, including kisspeptin-10.
- User-Friendly Website: Xcel Peptides’ user-friendly website simplifies shopping online for peptides. They offer detailed product information, enabling researchers to make well-informed choices on what items to buy and in what quantities.
- Excellent Service and Care: Xcel Peptides provides outstanding service and order support. Their professional team is available during business hours to address any concerns, ensuring a smooth buying experience.
And also: new Xcel Peptides newsletter subscribers receive a 10% discount off their first order!
Buy research peptides from Xcel Peptides today...
Bacteriostatic Water and Kisspeptin-10
Safety is key when experimenting with Kisspeptin-10 and other research peptides. Researchers must follow all safety protocols when preparing and storing peptide solutions.
To achieve this, researchers need access to the proper tools. These include alcohol swabs, sterile vials, bacteriostatic water and more.
Getting ahold of all these items can be a challenge, requiring hours of research and multiple retailers.
While this is necessary, don’t allow it to put a damper on research.
Kisspeptin-10 Dosing | Verdict
Kisspeptin-10 stimulates the release of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) and plays an essential role in reproduction, puberty, and mood regulation. Proper administration can lead to increased fertility in women and higher testosterone levels and reduction of testicular atrophy in men, among other benefits.
In addition, the research to date indicates that this peptide does not produce adverse effects when administered judiciously.
Researchers planning to explore the applications of kisspeptin-10 are well-advised to visit our top-rated vendor to make their purchase.