Class of Compound:
Mechanism of Action:
CJC-1295 binds to receptors in the pituitary gland to stimulate the release of plasma growth hormone (GH) and insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1).
- Prolonged Stimulation of Growth Hormone (GH) and Insulin-Like Growth Factor I Secretion by CJC-1295, a Long-Acting Analog of GH-Releasing Hormone, in Healthy Adults
- Once-daily administration of CJC-1295, a long-acting growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH) analog, normalizes growth in the GHRH knockout mouse
- Sleep and endocrine changes after intranasal administration of growth hormone-releasing hormone in young and aged humans
Also Known As:
- Growth hormone deficiency
- Body composition
- Sleep quality; anti-aging
- Limited human data
- Lack of FDA approval
- WADA Prohibited List
What is CJC-1295?
CJC-1295 is a synthetic analogue of growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH) and a growth hormone secretagogue (GHS) that was developed in the mid-2000s by ConjuChem Technologies . Originally designed to treat obesity issues in HIV/AIDS patients, the peptide has since been shown to effectively treat growth hormone deficiency, improve sleep quality, and promote longevity, and is classified as a prohibited substance under Section S2 of the World Anti-Doping Agency’s (WADA) Prohibited List [2, 3].
While standard CJC-1295 peptide is made up of 29 amino acids , it is most commonly available as CJC-1295 DAC, which stands for “Drug Affinity Complex.” DAC is a bioconjugation platform that improves the ability of the CJC-1295 peptide to bond with blood protein, giving it a much longer half-life than regular CJC-1295 .
Confusion has arisen because the original CJC-1295 from ConjuChem Technologies contained DAC, yet other manufacturers subsequently began producing CJC-1295 without DAC. To clear up this confusion, CJC-1295 that does not contain DAC is typically labeled as “CJC-1295 Without DAC” or “CJC-1295 No DAC” . All references to CJC-1295 herein are references to CJC-1295 with the added DAC technology developed by ConjuChem.
At the time of writing, there are no FDA-approved products containing CJC-1295, and the peptide is classed as an Investigational New Drug in the United States, available exclusively to researchers as a reference material.
What Does CJC-1295 Do?
CJC-1295 binds to receptors in the pituitary gland to stimulate the release of growth hormones plasma growth hormone (GH) and insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) . Its mechanism of action is similar to sermorelin in that it raises GH levels and acts on the GHRH receptor. However, CJC-1295 takes longer than sermorelin to clear from the body and exhibits longer periods of high GH, whereas sermorelin creates a more natural release of GH.
The half-life of CJC-1295, which selectively binds to endogenous albumin, is extended considerably by the addition of DAC. CJC-1295 No DAC has a half-life of just thirty minutes, while CJC-1295 DAC has an estimated half-life of 6 to 10 days .
Animal studies have confirmed that CJC-1295 acts as a long-lasting GRF analog and can activate the GRF receptors on the anterior pituitary in rats . Based on this research, several studies have investigated the effect of CJC-1295 on GH and IGF-1 in various animal models.
CJC-1295 Benefits | Clinical Trials
While we have limited human data on CJC-1295, we can nonetheless draw on small-scale studies and animal research to summarize the key CJC-1295 benefits observed to date:
CJC-1295 may promote deep sleep: Several studies have suggested that GHRH plays a direct role in improving the quality of sleep. As CJC-1295 is a synthetic analogue of GHRH, there is strong research interest in the role it may play in sleep.
Fehm et al. investigated intranasal administration of GHRH and documented the effect it had on sleep quality. The study was performed according to a double-blind cross-over design and involved 12 young and 11 old healthy male test subjects, each of whom were intranasally administered 300 micrograms GHRH or placebo 30 min before bedtime .
Sleep was recorded polysomnographically until 7 am and blood was collected in 15 minute intervals for determination of cortisol and GH. Apart from the well-known age-related changes in hormonal secretion and sleep, intranasal GHRH had the following effects:
- Reduced cortisol nadir concentrations at the beginning of sleep (P < 0.05)
- Reduction in sleep-induced elevation in GH concentrations during early sleep
- Increased rapid-eye-movement (REM) sleep
- Increased slow-wave sleep (SWS), with this influence concentrating on the second half of sleep time
Based on these findings, intranasal GHRH appears to help regulate sleep processes and hypothalamic-hypophysiotropic secretory activity in both young and elderly male test subjects. This suggests that GHRH mimics the dual neuronal and endocrine function of hypothalamic GHRH activity.
Sleep has been linked to a myriad of benefits including tissue repair, bone, and muscle density increase, and a stronger immune system . GH has also been shown to enhance non-REM sleep after a period of sleep deprivation . As a GHRH analogue, CJC-1295 is being actively investigated for its potential to produce deep, restorative sleep in subjects.
CJC-1295 may increase muscle mass: CJC-1295’s documented ability to increase levels of GH and IGF-1 has prompted research interest in the role that it may play in increasing muscle mass. CJC-1295 stimulates protein synthesis and supports muscle mass growth. While research in this area is ongoing, it remains to be determined whether healthy subjects may receive anabolic benefit from increased GH and IGF-1 .
Researchers interested in exploring CJC-1295’s purported effect on muscle mass may consider a blend of CJC-1295 and ipamorelin offered by Peptide Sciences. This peptide combination has been linked to increased protein synthesis and muscle mass growth.
CJC-1295 may stimulate fat loss: Studies have shown that prolactin promotes visceral fat accrual in various animal models  and that CJC-1295 can normalize prolactin levels as shown in GHRH knockout mice , which can lead to increased fat metabolization. These findings have led to strong research interest in the role that CJC-1295 may play in fat loss through prolactin regulation.
Researchers interested in exploring CJC-1295’s purported ability to stimulate fat loss may consider a blend of CJC-1295 and GHRP-2 by Peptide Sciences. GHRP-2 also stimulates GH release from the anterior pituitary by acting on a different receptor to CJC-1295, called the growth hormone secretagogue receptor (GHSR). Studies in animal models have shown that GHRP-2 has a positive effect on muscle mass, heart function, and the immune system, suggesting that it may work synergistically when administered with CJC-1295.
Buy CJC-1295 from our #1 recommended vendor...
CJC-1295 Side Effects
In the early days of CJC-1295’s development, ConjuChem tested CJC-1295 as a potential treatment for HIV-associated lipodystrophy. One of the patients in the study died, though the attending physician concluded that the cause was not due to CJC-1295 administration .
The most common self-reported side effects of CJC-1295 are :
- Flu-like symptoms
Is CJC-1295 Safe?
While several short-term studies involving CJC-1295 indicate that this peptide has a positive safety profile, long-term studies are lacking and further research is needed to confirm its safety.
A key safety concern among researchers is that CJC-1295 has an extremely long half-life of 6-10 days. This means that it does not have a natural model of action and may potentially cause unwanted side effects during long-term administration.
Clearly, a well-designed phase 1 safety study with independent validation would be required before drawing any conclusions.
CJC-1295 Dosage Calculator
Concerning CJC-1295 dosage, researchers may refer to the two 2006 studies by Teichman et al., which involved healthy test subjects aged 21-61 and followed a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind, ascending dose design .
- In the first study, which lasted 28 days, CJC-1295 or placebo was administered in one of four ascending single doses.
- In the second study, which lasted 49 days, test subjects received CJC-1295 or placebo in two or three weekly or biweekly doses.
After measuring the peak concentrations and area under the curve of GH and IGF-1, researchers found that CJC-1295 increased mean plasma GH concentrations by 2- to 10-fold for 6 days or more, and increased mean plasma IGF-I concentrations by 1.5- to 3-fold for 9-11 days.
Based on these findings, researchers have concluded that an effective CJC-1295 dosage is 200 mcg per week and that CJC-1295 is best administered to test subjects first thing in the morning, or late at night to prevent dietary glucose from interfering with the peptide’s action .
Research shows that most test subjects will need to continue this schedule for at least two months to start seeing an increase in the amount of GH isolates produced by their pituitary gland .
Where To Buy CJC-1295 Online
Researchers interested in where to buy CJC-1295 online will be pleased to know that our team has done the legwork and tested a handful of peptides vendors known for their product quality, transparency, and efficiency.
Researchers intent on purchasing CJC-1295 online from a single source are highly advised to consider Peptide Sciences.
Here are a few reasons why we rank Peptide Sciences as #1 above all other research peptide vendors:
- World-Class Customer Service: Peptide Sciences treat every customer with respect and respond promptly to all communications. Their answers are timely and straightforward.
- Great Prices: CJC-1295 iterations are all very reasonably priced, and there are some generous discounts for bulk orders. Researchers can expect to pay $53 for CJC-1295 DAC 5mg and save nine percent when they order 10 or more vials.
- Flexible Payment Options: Peptide Sciences accepts all major cards via Mesh payments and three, third-party payment apps: Apple Cash, Cash App, and Zelle. Conveniently, they also accept BTC and ETH.
- The Highest Purity Peptides Available: Every peptide featured is 100% USA-made, going through high-performance liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry to exceed 99% purity and ensure researchers get the right product for their experiments.
- Fast Shipping: All orders are shipped within 24 hours and typically arrive at U.S. destinations within 2-3 business days and international spots within 7-10 days. All U.S. orders over $200 ship free while all orders over $400 receive a complimentary vial of bacteriostatic water.
Don’t look any further for a vendor! Peptides Sciences is the best.
Buy CJC-1295 from our #1 recommended vendor...
Bacteriostatic Water For Injection
Top peptide researchers know that a lab is not complete without the right set of ancillary tools for the correct preparation, storage, and handling of peptides, including CJC-1295.
What does this list of supplies include? Items like bacteriostatic water, sterile vials, and alcohol wipes are indispensable.
Yet, finding a reputable online vendor of quality supplies can present a challenge, sinking hours of web searches and added costs when buying from multiple retailers.
To solve this common issue for many researchers, the experts at Peptides.org have identified your single best online source for lab supplies.
This handy site is the go-to supply source for top peptide researchers, offering industry-standard toolkits packed with all the essentials. Choose from two options offered in the BacteriostaticWater.org catalog.
You can’t go wrong with the selection in the starter research kit:
- Bacteriostatic Water (30mL) - 3x
- Insulin Syringes (0.5 cc/mL x 29g x ½) - 100x
- Alcohol Prep Pads - 200x
- Sterile Empty Glass Vial (10mL) - 1x
- Large Needles + Syringes Combo (3cc x 21g x 1) - 10x
If you need more, try the premium research kit, which delivers:
- Bacteriostatic Water (30mL) - 5x
- Insulin Syringes (0.5 cc/mL x 29g x ½) - 200x
- Alcohol Prep Pads - 200x
- Sterile Empty Glass Vial (10mL) - 2x
- Large Needles + Syringes Combo (3cc x 21g x 1) - 20x
Equip your lab with the best materials when purchasing a supply set from this favorite vendor among top researchers worldwide.
CJC-1295. Just. Works
CJC-1295 has demonstrated potential as a growth hormone-releasing hormone analogue that stimulates both GH and IGF-1 for a prolonged period of six to ten days, thanks to the addition of ConjuChem’s DAC technology.
As higher levels of both GH and IGF-1 have been linked to performance-enhancing effects such as increased muscle mass, better sleep, and decreased fat, CJC-1295 remains firmly on the radar of peptide researchers.
Researchers wishing to explore the benefits and side effects of CJC-1295 further are advised to visit our preferred vendor, Peptide Sciences.
- Next Generation Medicines from Therapeutic Peptides | ConjuChem LLC. Conjuchem.com. (2021). Retrieved 13 March 2021, from http://www.conjuchem.com/.
- Henninge J, Pepaj M, Hullstein I, Hemmersbach P. Identification of CJC-1295, a growth-hormone-releasing peptide, in an unknown pharmaceutical preparation. Drug Test Anal. 2010 Nov-Dec;2(11-12):647-50. doi: 10.1002/dta.233. Epub 2010 Dec 10. PMID: 21204297.
- What is Prohibited. World Anti-Doping Agency. (2021). Retrieved 26 February 2021, from https://www.wada-ama.org/en/content/what-is-prohibited/prohibited-at-all-times/peptide-hormones-growth-factors-related-substances-and-mimetics.
- ScienceDirect. (2021). Retrieved 26 February 2021, from https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S205005211730032X.
- Introduction to Bioconjugation. Chemistry LibreTexts. (2021). Retrieved 26 February 2021, from https://chem.libretexts.org/Bookshelves/Organic_Chemistry/Supplemental_Modules_
- CJC1295 Without DAC. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. (2021). Retrieved 26 February 2021, from https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/CJC1295-Without-DAC#section=Biologic-Description.
Rats_Identification_of_CJC-1295_as_a_Long_Lasting_GRF_Analog. (2021). Retrieved 26 February 2021, from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/228484039_hGRF1-29-.
- Perras, B., Marshall, L., Köhler, G., Born, J., & Fehm, H. L. (1999). Sleep and endocrine changes after intranasal administration of growth hormone-releasing hormone in young and aged humans. Psychoneuroendocrinology, 24(7), 743–757. https://doi.org/10.1016/s0306-4530(99)00027-x
- Ba, & Social Distancing, Q. (2021). Basics on Sleep. WebMD. Retrieved 26 February 2021, from https://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/sleep-101#:~:text=During%20the%20deep%20stages%20of,and%20get%20less%20deep%
- Schüssler, P., Yassouridis, A., Uhr, M., Kluge, M., Weikel, J., Holsboer, F., & Steiger, A. (2006). Growth hormone-releasing hormone and corticotropin-releasing hormone enhance non-rapid-eye-movement sleep after sleep deprivation. American journal of physiology. Endocrinology and metabolism, 291(3), E549–E556. https://doi.org/10.1152/ajpendo.00641.2005
- Velloso C. P. (2008). Regulation of muscle mass by growth hormone and IGF-I. British journal of pharmacology, 154(3), 557–568. https://doi.org/10.1038/bjp.2008.153
- (2021). Retrieved 26 February 2021, from https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/89/9/4445/2844545.
- Once-daily administration of CJC-1295, a long-acting growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH) analog, normalizes growth in the GHRH knockout mouse | American Journal of Physiology-Endocrinology and Metabolism. Journals.physiology.org. (2021). Retrieved 26 February 2021, from https://journals.physiology.org/doi/full/10.1152/ajpendo.00201.2006.
- Lipodystrophy study halted after patient death. (2022). Retrieved 14 June 2022, from https://www.aidsmap.com/news/jul-2006/lipodystrophy-study-halted-after-patient-death
- Netnography of Female Use of the Synthetic Growth Hormone CJC-1295: Pulses and Potions. Taylor & Francis. (2021). Retrieved 26 February 2021, from https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3109/10826084.2015.1082595?journalCode=isum20.
- Sam L. Teichman, Ann Neale, Betty Lawrence, Catherine Gagnon, Jean-Paul Castaigne, Lawrence A. Frohman, Prolonged Stimulation of Growth Hormone (GH) and Insulin-Like Growth Factor I Secretion by CJC-1295, a Long-Acting Analog of GH-Releasing Hormone, in Healthy Adults, The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, Volume 91, Issue 3, 1 March 2006, Pages 799–805, https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2005-1536
- Regenerative Medicine Promotes Cellular Level Healing. Lindgren.Health. (2021). Retrieved 28 February 2021, from https://lindgren.health/regenerative-medicine.