Looking for the proper Vilon dosage? Inside, researchers will find everything they must know about dosing this anti-aging peptide.
The synthetic dipeptide Vilon is backed by long-standing research showing its roles in anti-aging processes, tissue and organ regeneration, and immune function.
Anti-aging researchers are now looking to understand more about this geroprotective agent, including how to best determine Vilon dosage.
In this guide, our peptide review team covers the relevant Vilon research to date, providing you with an overview of the potential benefits and side effects of the peptide, as well as a Vilon dosage calculator.
Read through the end to discover our recommendation of a research chemical vendor who sells high-purity Vilon to qualified researchers around the globe.
Buy Vilon from our #1 recommended vendor...
Disclaimer: Peptides.org contains information about products that are intended for laboratory and research use only, unless otherwise explicitly stated. This information, including any referenced scientific or clinical research, is made available for educational purposes only. Peptides.org makes every effort to ensure that any information it shares complies with national and international standards for clinical trial information and is committed to the timely disclosure of the design and results of all interventional clinical studies for innovative treatments publicly available or that may be made available. However, research is not considered conclusive. Peptides.org makes no claims that any products referenced can cure, treat or prevent any conditions, including any conditions referenced on its website or in print materials.
What is Vilon?
Also known as lysylglutamic acid or Lys-Glu, Vilon is a dipeptide that possesses bioregulatory, anti-aging, and immunomodulatory properties. The bulk of Vilon research has been undertaken by aging and cancer development researchers in Russia, who have demonstrated the peptide’s metabolic activity and geroprotective effect .
Vilon works by activating heterochromatin and is additionally known to activate interleukin-2 signaling in spleen cells. It stimulates the regeneration of tissue, accelerates wound healing, activates connective tissue cells, and also has key antioxidant and anti-stress properties [1, 2].
Vilon has been shown to be a potent geroprotector due to its ability to support and regenerate a key organ of the immune system—the thymus gland. This organ is involved in the production and maturation of lymphocytes or immune cells, which defend the body against infections and suppress the effects of aging [3, 4].
After peaking during puberty, the thymus undergoes progressive atrophy, leading to a decrease in its function. By activating the thymus gland, Vilon helps the body to fight illness and counter aging processes .
Based on the published research to date, Vilon provides a number of benefits, including reducing health complications due to aging, strengthening immune function, and protecting the heart and kidneys.
Vilon and longevity
A number of studies have shown that Vilon increases overall health and well-being, while also reducing the incidence of age-related issues. Here is a summary of the longevity and anti-aging research involving Vilon:
- In an early rodent study, the monthly administration of a five-day course of thymus-derived polypeptide factor decreased the overall incidence of tumors and incidence of mammary adenocarcinomas, ultimately increasing the lifespan of young mice .
- In another study on young mice, researchers found that long-term administration of Vilon had the effect of increasing physical activity and endurance, reducing body temperature, preventing spontaneous neoplasms, and extending lifespan .
- Vilon has been shown to improve enzyme activity in the GI tract of older mice, leading to increased glucose accumulation and allowing the rodents to maintain nutrient extraction with age, with a presumed positive effect on longevity. [8, 9].
- Vilon has been shown to regenerate eye retinal cells and brain neurons, while also promoting cell proliferation .
- Vilon has been shown to prevent signs of aging in the skin, due to its effect on the expression of collagen type 1 and sirtuin 6, which decrease with age. Researchers found that exposing old skin fibroblasts to Vilon had the effect of increasing the expression area of collagen type 1 in the cultures by 83%, while increasing the expression area of sirtuin 6 by over two times .
Vilon and immune function
Vilon is a potent immune system regulator that activates white blood cells and other mechanisms to help the immune system protect against infection. Here is the specific research on how Vilon may enhance immune function, especially in the elderly:
- In one study on 56 patients with wounded limb osteomyelitis after a necro sequestrectomy, Vilon was effective in stimulating the innate immune system and accelerating cellular repair, contributing clinical improvement in the patients and reducing their period of hospitalization .
- Vilon contributes to the reactivation of certain genes by unraveling heterochromatin. Chromatin fibers help in the regulation of cell processes including DNA replication, transcription, genetic recombination, and cell division. These effects lead to the restoration of immune function in elderly people .
- Vilon also activates interleukin-2 signaling in cells of the spleen, thus regulating the immune response to microbial infection and aiding in the prevention of autoimmune reactions [13, 14].
- Vilon has been shown to stimulate the thymus gland, and plays an important role in the formation of T cells, namely CD5 T cells and cytotoxic CD8 T cells. These cells contribute to immune function, the prevention of autoimmune diseases, and antimicrobial response .
- Vilon has been shown to regulate expression of СD4, CD5, and CD8 glycoproteins in thymic cell culture and induce differentiation of immune cells, as additional support of its geroprotective effect .
Vilon and vascular health
In addition to its longevity- and immune function-promoting effects, Vilon is being increasingly studied for its role in vascular health.
Researchers have found that Vilon can decrease concentrations of transforming growth factor-beta, which in turn results in the permeability of microvessels and enhanced homeostasis during kidney failure .
Vilon also alters gene expression patterns in the cardiovascular system, which leads to increased levels of natural anticoagulants antithrombin 3 and protein c. It has also been shown to stimulate fibrinolysis in elderly diabetes patients, to the effect of reducing the incidence of blood clots and better regulating the vascular system .
Vilon Side Effects
To date, researchers have not identified any notable side effects associated with Vilon administration, and experts note the lack of adverse effects as a key advantage of bioregulator peptides like Vilon [1, 2, 7, 5, 19].
Researchers should note that in one rodent study, Vilon yielded a negative outcome when administered with cyclophosphan at extremely high doses of 100mg/kg, which led to a decline in the survival of mice with transplanted Lewis lung carcinoma. Notably, Vilon administered alone at the dose of 1mg/kg did increase the rodents’ survival .
Researchers should note that much of the available Vilon research is published in the Russian language and may not be available online.
Vilon Dosage Calculator and Guide
In this section, researchers can obtain an in-depth understanding of what constitutes an appropriate Vilon dose, as well as what methods can be used to administer this peptide to test subjects.
Vilon Administration Notes
A Vilon dosage is typically administered via subcutaneous injection, which provides excellent bioavailability compared to other routes of administration.
In the studies to date, Vilon has typically been administered over a period of seven to ten days. In a double-blind study conducted on 63 surgical patients, researchers administered Vilon injections daily for a duration of 7 to 10 days in tandem with conventional treatment .
In another trial on more than 250 subjects with chronic periodontitis, Vilon was administered daily for a duration of 5 to 10 days, which had the effect of increasing antioxidant protection in the blood and saliva, while decreasing the intensity of disseminated intravascular coagulation .
To properly reconstitute and inject Vilon, researchers should have the proper supplies on hand, including their vial of Vilon, bacteriostatic water, sterile syringes, and alcohol wipes. Researchers should follow all standard safety precautions when reconstituting Vilon and preparing the solution for injection.
Sample Vilon Dosing Protocol
Based on our review of the literature, here is a sample Vilon protocol that researchers may administer to subjects to observe anti-aging effects:
- Daily Dosage: 5mg administered subcutaneously.
- Study Duration: 12 days.
- Repeat Cycle: Every four to six months.
- Notes: Our preferred vendor, Peptide Sciences, offers Vilon 20mg vials for sale. One 10-day Vilon cycle at the dose of 5mg/day would accordingly require three Vilon 20mg vials.
Where to Buy Vilon Online? | 2022 Edition
Demand for anti-aging peptides like Vilon has resulted in multiple vendors offering this potent dipeptide for sale.
However, researchers should carefully vet their peptide source and preferably opt for a US-based supplier that follows industry best practices.
Our team at Peptides.org has placed orders with over a dozen peptide vendors, judging them on criteria like quality, pricing, and shipping policies.
In our experience, Peptide Sciences is the best source of Vilon and other peptides for the research community. They sell 99% pure Vilon to researchers worldwide and are a leading vendor with years of experience.
Here is why we are loyal customers of Peptide Sciences:
- Third-party analysis: The vendor submits each batch of Vilon for purity testing using methods of mass spectrometry (MS) and high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). These analyses provide researchers with clear information on the identity and purity of each peptide for sale on the vendor’s site.
- USA-made peptides: At Peptide Sciences, all reference materials are manufactured in the US according to strict production standards, making them suitable for laboratory research or clinical applications.
- Vilon pricing: Researchers can purchase one 20mg vial of Vilon for $65, and the vendor offers discounts for bulk purchases
- Efficient shipping: The vendor charges a flat $15 fee for shipping, while domestic orders over $200 ship free. Researchers may expect domestic orders to arrive within three days, while international orders typically take seven to ten business days.
- Customer care: Researchers may contact Peptide Sciences’ expert customer service staff by email or phone. The vendor is firmly committed to addressing all customer inquiries within a maximum of two business days.
Researchers looking to buy high-quality Vilon for their next study are well-advised to visit Peptide Sciences, leaders in the peptide community.
Buy Vilon from our #1 recommended vendor...
Bacteriostatic Water for Injection
Experts agree that the proper handling of Vilon and other peptides requires a standard set of supplemental materials. Items such as sterile vials, bacteriostatic water, and needles are used to correctly prepare, store, and inject peptide solutions.
Some researchers dread the search for all the required items, which may involve long hours and several retailers.
If you struggle with this, we have great news for you! The folks at Peptides.org have investigated to find a leading vendor that carries all the essential materials to properly conduct your research.
This is our top recommendation to conveniently equip yourself with the standard range of items. The BacteriostaticWater.org site offers two quality research kits that are packed with the required materials, saving you the hassle of assembling them yourself.
Check out the first-rate items in the starter research kit:
- Bacteriostatic Water (30mL) – 3x
- Insulin Syringes (0.5 cc/mL x 29g x ½) – 100x
- Alcohol Prep Pads – 200x
- Sterile Empty Glass Vial (10mL) – 1x
- Large Needles + Syringes Combo (3cc x 21g x 1) – 10x
Or stock up on the essentials in the premium research kit:
- Bacteriostatic Water (30mL) – 5x
- Insulin Syringes (0.5 cc/mL x 29g x ½) – 200x
- Alcohol Prep Pads – 200x
- Sterile Empty Glass Vial (10mL) – 2x
- Large Needles + Syringes Combo (3cc x 21g x 1) – 20x
You are guaranteed to enhance your research with one of these awesome kits from a top-notch supplier.
Buy Bacteriostatic Water from our #1 recommended vendor...
Vilon Dosing | Verdict
The benefits associated with Vilon are backed by extensive research and include the peptide’s positive effects on longevity, immune function, and cardiovascular health.
Vilon administration is not associated with adverse effects and is readily available online to qualified researchers and laboratory professionals.
Researchers looking to source this geroprotective agent should head over to Peptide Sciences to make their purchase.