Hexarelin is well-studied for its utility in the certain research arenas, but it can be confusing to determine the proper hexarelin dosage needed to elicit the peptide’s benefits.
Although not yet approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), hexarelin has been studied in various research settings. The benefits of this peptide may include:
- Accelerated recovery following physical exertion
- Increased lean muscle mass
- Atherosclerosis prevention
To properly understand this growth hormone secretagogue, it is critical to stay current on the scientific findings regarding hexarelin dosing.
It is with this goal in mind that we provide researchers with a hexarelin dosage calculator based on emerging studies. We also provide our recommendation of a reliable online vendor of research-grade hexarelin and other peptides.
Buy Hexarelin from our top-rated vendor...
Disclaimer: Peptides.org contains information about products that are intended for laboratory and research use only, unless otherwise explicitly stated. This information, including any referenced scientific or clinical research, is made available for educational purposes only. Likewise, any published information relative to the dosing and administration of reference materials is made available strictly for reference and shall not be construed to encourage the self-administration or any human use of said reference materials. Peptides.org makes every effort to ensure that any information it shares complies with national and international standards for clinical trial information and is committed to the timely disclosure of the design and results of all interventional clinical studies for innovative treatments publicly available or that may be made available. However, research is not considered conclusive. Peptides.org makes no claims that any products referenced can cure, treat or prevent any conditions, including any conditions referenced on its website or in print materials.
Hexarelin Dosage Chart | Quick Breakdown
|Timeline||Daily Hexarelin Dosage for Muscle Growth Research (2-3x daily)|
|Weeks 17 and beyond||Repeat weeks 1-16 as needed|
What is Hexarelin?
Hexarelin has been researched extensively since its development in the 1980s by Bowers and colleagues of Tulane Medical School . The scientists hoped to create a growth hormone-releasing peptide (GHRP) that could elicit growth hormone (GH) release without causing unwanted changes in other hormone levels. They developed hexarelin, a GHRP-6 analog that binds to the brain’s growth hormone secretagogue receptor (GHSR) and thus stimulates GH.
Hexarelin is an analog of the “hunger hormone” ghrelin. Researchers believe that it acts directly on the pituitary and indirectly on the hypothalamus to stimulate GH release. While the potential mechanisms of action of hexarelin are still under scrutiny, researchers are hopeful that these pathways can be leveraged even more beneficially in the future .
Because hexarelin causes growth hormone secretion, a cascade of GH-induced effects follow its injection. These include increased muscle protein synthesis, improved blood lipid profile, and increased insulin sensitivity . Independent of these GH-related benefits, hexarelin has surprised researchers with its cardioprotective properties and potential to protect against amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) disease [4, 5].
The firms Europeptides and Mediolanum Farmaceutici have continued research on the hexapeptide, but the FDA has yet to approve hexarelin for medical use in the United States .
Hexarelin is available online as a research chemical to qualified researchers and laboratory professionals.
Benefits of Hexarelin
As the volume of research into hexarelin grows, so too does our knowledge of potential hexarelin benefits.
Some of the most notable effects of this hexapeptide involve soft tissue repair, fat loss, and heart health.
Hexarelin and Tissue Repair
In a 2010 study, Danish researchers were curious to see if growth hormone administration would significantly increase musculoskeletal collagen production in healthy subjects, a process that is crucial in healing soft tissue damage.
The results showed that increasing serum GH for 14 days successfully increased muscle collagen production and synthesis by up to 6 times more in the GH-treated group compared to control, facilitating stronger matrix tissue in skeletal muscle and tendons .
Another study attempting to clarify the complex interplay of growth hormone with the endocrine pathway showed that GH is an invaluable anabolic signaling hormone, making GH release one of the most important factors for muscle growth and recovery [3, 7].
Hexarelin and Fat Loss
In a rodent study, hexarelin has been demonstrated to favorably affect blood lipid profiles and insulin sensitivity in subjects with dyslipidemia by increasing the fat metabolizing action of the CD36 receptor. Aside from its positive action on body composition (e.g., less fat, increased muscle tissue), the researchers found that hexarelin could be used in the treatment of lipid disorders associated with metabolic syndrome .
Notably, a study on men over 60 showed that subjects with a higher fat mass percentage will have a blunted response to hexarelin injection, finding that hexarelin-stimulated GH release will depend on the subject’s preexisting body composition .
Hexarelin and Cardiovascular Health
Studies on the cardioprotective potential of hexarelin have found that through its action on the CD36 and GHSR 1a receptors, it is even more potent than ghrelin in promoting cardiac function and preventing apoptosis, or programmed cell death . This could have implications not only for heart disease prevention, but also for healing from cardiovascular events [12, 13].
While more research is required to determine the long-term safety of hexarelin administration, patients with conditions such as ischemic heart disease and atherosclerosis may very well benefit from hexarelin peptide therapy .
Side Effects of Hexarelin
As with any research chemical, hexarelin administration comes with the risk of side effects. Many of these will be similar to side effects associated with other GHRPs; however, hexarelin seems to induce minimal adverse effects in comparison to other GH secretagogues.
Increased cortisol levels are a potential concern when sustained high doses of hexarelin are administered. Hypercortisolemia can cause a host of complications including infections, extreme fatigue, and eventually death [14, 15].
Hexarelin can also elevate levels of prolactin, which is a pituitary-produced hormone present in small amounts in healthy individuals, and in higher amounts in lactating women . Side effects linked to elevated prolactin include osteopenia, erectile dysfunction, gynecomastia, and headaches .
Any fluctuation in a sex hormone like prolactin can cause imbalances in other hormone levels, psychological distress, and changes in autoimmune functioning .
The side effects of hexarelin may be minimized or avoided by using the minimal effective dose of the peptide required to elicit the desired amount of growth hormone release.
Hexarelin Dosage Calculator
There is limited human research on hexarelin dosage for applications like weight loss and muscle building.
However, based on available research and reports, the following guidelines should provide a good starting point for researchers studying hexarelin injections in test subjects:
- Independent researchers report a total daily dosage of 300mcg hexarelin in body composition improvement settings. While 200mcg may be effective at stimulating muscle growth, this lower dose may not be as effective without necessarily minimizing the potential for adverse effects .
- Because the half-life of hexarelin is short at about 55 minutes, injections should be of relatively small dosage and evenly spaced . There is no need to titrate up to the full dose of 300mcg. Researchers may start and stay at the recommendation of 100mcg injections, 2-3 times daily.
- Extended use of hexarelin and other GHRPs can potentially cause a plateau in effectiveness and cause a downregulation in the body’s natural production of growth hormone over time. Accordingly, researchers are advised to limit studies to 12 weeks in length while providing subjects with at least a four-week break in between studies .
- Hexarelin injections should be subcutaneously administered, using appropriate syringes and needles. An appropriate area for injection is the belly fat of the abdomen, around 2 inches (5 cm) to either side of the belly button.
- Do not administer hexarelin injections directly into the belly button or into areas with scar tissue, bruises, reddening, infection, or irritation. Rotate injection sites and refrain from repeatedly injecting hexarelin into the same site due to risk of scarring and hardening of fatty tissue, which can interfere with peptide absorption .
- Physiological responses to eating can influence the GH-releasing effect of hexarelin. Test subjects should avoid ingesting food for at least one hour before and after a hexarelin injection .
Sample Hexarelin Dosing Protocol for Muscle Growth Research
For reference purposes, here is a sample hexarelin dosing protocol that researchers may administer to subjects to stimulate muscle growth :
- Hexarelin Dose: 300mcg, split into three daily doses of 100mcg each.
- Frequency: Administer hexarelin as three subcutaneous injections spaced evenly throughout the day, e.g., the first 100mcg injection at 8:00am, the second 100mcg injection at 3:00pm, and the third subcutaneous injection at 10:00pm (before bed).
- Study Duration: 16 weeks (12 weeks of injections, 4 weeks’ washout period).
- Repeat Cycle: as needed to achieve desired effects.
- Notes: Subjects should refrain from ingesting food at least 60 minutes before and after each injection. A 5mg vial of hexarelin suffices for a 16 day course per test subject.
Hexarelin Cycle Length
In a 1998 study looking into the long-term potential of hexarelin therapy, the researchers observed subjects for a period of 20 weeks, tracking metrics like serum insulin-like growth factor and markers of bone formation. The subjects received once-daily or twice-daily hexarelin injections of 1.5mcg/kg of body weight for 16 weeks, followed by four weeks of no treatment .
The researchers found that the effectiveness of hexarelin at stimulating GH release diminished at week four and again at week 16. The authors also observed a diminished capacity in the body’s ability to produce endogenous GH after the 16-week treatment period ended . In a separate article, the same authors demonstrated that the subjects’ attenuated GH response as a result of hexarelin therapy was reversible following a four-week break from hexarelin injections .
Based on this insight into hexarelin cycle length, a 12-week treatment cycle appears prudent and capable of minimizing potential interference with diurnal GH production.
Where to Buy Hexarelin Online? | 2024 Edition
Sourcing pure hexarelin for research purposes can be challenging. While it is possible to find many online vendors selling products advertised as hexarelin, there are factors that savvy researchers know to look for.
Our team at Peptides.org trusts Core Peptides to dispense medical-grade hexarelin at accessible pricing, making it easier than ever to explore the benefits of this GH secretagogue.
Here are some of the reasons as to why we love using Core Peptides:
- Lab-Tested Peptides: Researchers will have access to independent third-party laboratory test results including a certificate of analysis for full transparency about the composition of the compound purchased.
- Efficient Shipping: Customers in the United States receive free shipping on qualified purchases of over $200, and most orders are dispatched in 1-2 business days.
- Excellent Customer Service: Buyers will have access to email-based customer service in case any issue or question arises. Core Peptides’ customer care team strives to respond to all queries within one business day.
In the world of research peptides, Core Peptides truly shines as an authority. Buy with confidence!
Buy research peptides from Core Peptides today...
Hexarelin Dosing Guide | Verdict
Hexarelin is a potent growth hormone-releasing peptide that acts via specific receptors at both the pituitary and hypothalamus to stimulate the release of GH.
Some of its documented benefits include tissue repair and improved body composition, and it is studied as a potential treatment of chronic diseases and metabolic disorders.
Hexarelin is well-suited for subcutaneous administration, and a common total daily dose is 300mcg/test subject, split across two to three injections per day.
For researchers looking to experiment with this peptide, it is crucial to stay up-to-date on how to safely source, reconstitute, and dose hexarelin. This guide should help with just that.