Looking for the ideal Tirzepatide dosage? Inside, researchers will find everything they must know about dosing this powerful peptide.
Tirzepatide is a gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) analog with notable activity at the glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor.
Approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration in May 2022 as an adjunct treatment of type 2 diabetes, Tirzepatide is actively being researched to combat obesity and has also exhibited cardioprotective and general anti-inflammatory benefits.
While a number of studies and clinical trials back the peptide’s potential, some researchers may be unclear on the proper Tirzepatide dosage to administer to test subjects.
In this educational overview of Tirzepatide, we include notes on administering and dosing the peptide, in addition to revealing our go-to vendor of research-grade Tirzepatide and other peptides.
Buy Tirzepatide from our #1 recommended vendor...
Disclaimer: Peptides.org contains information about products that are intended for laboratory and research use only, unless otherwise explicitly stated. This information, including any referenced scientific or clinical research, is made available for educational purposes only. Peptides.org makes every effort to ensure that any information it shares complies with national and international standards for clinical trial information and is committed to the timely disclosure of the design and results of all interventional clinical studies for innovative treatments publicly available or that may be made available. However, research is not considered conclusive. Peptides.org makes no claims that any products referenced can cure, treat or prevent any conditions, including any conditions referenced on its website or in print materials.
What is Tirzepatide?
GIP and GLP-1 are hormones that regulate blood sugar control while activating and increasing levels of intracellular cyclic adenosine monophosphate in pancreatic B cells, thereby stimulating insulin secretion. Aside from their insulinotropic effects, these hormones also play critical roles in various biological processes in different tissues and organs that express GIPR and GLP-1R, including the pancreas, fat, bone, and the brain .
While Tirzepatide is a dual GIP/GLP-1 receptor agonist, its binding activity for the GIP receptors is comparable to that of native GIP while being five times lower for the GLP-1 receptors than that of native GLP-1. Research indicates that activation of both the GLP-1 and GIP receptors produces a synergistic effect, with more enhanced insulin response and glucagonostatic response versus separate administration of each hormone .
Developed by Eli Lilly, Tirzepatide is a 39-amino acid linear synthetic peptide based on the sequence of native GIP, sharing 19 amino acids with human GIP. The peptide includes a C20 fatty diacid moiety conjugated through a hydrophilic linker, which prolongs its duration of action—leading to a half-life of about five days .
Following pre-clinical research and phase 1 and 2 clinical trials, Tirzepatide was recognized as a potent glucose lowering and weight loss agent with a safety profile that was comparable to other GLP-1 receptor agonists. This has led to its approval by the FDA in May 2022 as a treatment of type 2 diabetes. As a type 2 diabetes prescription medication, it is sold under the brand name Mounjaro [2, 3].
It is available online as a reference material for purchase by licensed researchers and laboratory professionals.
Based on extensive data from clinical trials, Tirzepatide has been shown to offer a number of benefits. In particular, we focus on its anti-inflammatory activity, use as a weight loss agent, and cardioprotective potential.
Reduced inflammation: Through its selective targeting of GLP-1 receptors, Tirzepatide plays a role in abating inflammation, a condition that contributes to the initiation and progression of atherosclerosis. Researchers have identified various mechanisms by which GLP-1 signaling can decrease inflammation, including by decreasing NF-kB signaling, MMP-9 activity, inflammatory cytokine synthesis, and inflammatory macrophage activity .
Obesity treatment: Tirzepatide is known to decrease adipose inflammation and increase adiponectin levels by activating GIP receptors in fat cells, thus reducing fat cell differentiation and increasing energy expenditure. Consistent administration of Tirzepatide has been shown to contribute to weight loss in obese patients, with over 20% body weight reduction reported in over half of patients being given Tirzepatide 10mg or 15mg weekly over the course of 72 weeks .
Superior type 2 diabetes treatment: Tirzepatide has demonstrated superiority to diabetes treatments like dulaglutide and semaglutide in terms of glycemic efficacy and obesity reduction. In one study, researchers found that Tirzepatide was more effective than semaglutide at reducing hemoglobin A1c and inducing weight loss in type 2 diabetes patients .
Weight loss via increased satiety: Animal research has shown that Tirzepatide also induces weight loss via GIP signaling to regulate hypothalamic feeding centers, resulting in improved glucose handling and reduced food intake, with the consequent reduction in the body weight of test subjects .
Cardioprotective properties: Research has shown a correlation between high levels of adiponectin and a reduced risk of coronary heart disease. Aside from its ability to increase adiponectin, Tirzepatide has also been shown to improve levels of triglycerides, apoB and apoC-III, and lipoprotein markers, thus leading to reduction of fatty tissue in the body and a lowered risk of heart disease [5, 8].
Tirzepatide Side Effects
While generally regarded as safe when handled by a qualified professional, researchers have observed some adverse effects with Tirzepatide. Generally, these effects have occurred within the early course of therapy or in situations involving a dose increase.
- Decreased appetite
- Abdominal pain
- Hypersensitivity reactions
The most common side effects associated with Tirzepatide are gastrointestinal adverse reactions like vomiting, nausea, and diarrhea. Researchers are accordingly advised to exercise caution if administering this peptide to subjects with severe GI disease, including serious gastroparesis .
Tirzepatide should not be administered to subjects with any history of medullary thyroid cancer or to those with multiple endocrine neoplasia syndrome type 2 .
Due to the lack of studies confirming Tirzepatide’s safety of use during pregnancy, researchers are not recommended to administer the peptide to pregnant subjects as the risks could outweigh the potential benefits [2, 8].
Tirzepatide Dosage Calculator and Guide
In this section, we provide notes on how Tirzepatide may be administered and dosed in an experimental setting.
- Tirzepatide is administered subcutaneously into the fatty tissue just beneath the subject’s skin, typically in the abdomen area. Researchers are advised to rotate the injection site with each administration .
- Due to its long half-life, Tirzepatide may be administered once weekly and at any time of the day, with or without meals .
- Notably, administering Tirzepatide concomitantly with insulin may result in a higher risk of hypoglycemia. In case Tirzepatide is to be used in combination with insulin, the injections should be administered separately.
- Due to its gastric emptying effect, Tirzepatide may alter the absorption of oral medications. It is especially important to monitor subjects who are also being administered drugs with a narrow therapeutic index .
Sample Tirzepatide Dosing Protocol
For reference purposes, here is a sample Tirzepatide dosing protocol for weight loss in obese subjects :
- Dose: 2.5mg/week for 4 weeks, before increasing the dosage to 5mg/week and subsequently by 2.5/mg increments, as needed.
- Frequency: Administer the Tirzepatide dose as one weekly subcutaneous injection.
Study Duration: 12-24 weeks.
- Notes: Researchers are advised to never exceed a weekly dose of 15mg.
Where to Buy Tirzepatide Online? | 2023 Edition
Researchers are well-advised to source Tirzepatide from only a reliable vendor of research peptides.
With years of expertise and experience, Peptide Sciences is the preferred provider for both the Peptides.org team and the research community at large. They deliver pharmaceutical-grade Tirzepatide to researchers around the world and are held in high esteem by the research peptides community.
Here are some advantages to buying from this vendor.
- Lab-tested Tirzepatide: Each batch of Tirzepatide from Peptide Sciences is thoroughly tested by an independent, third-party laboratory via state-of-the-art HPLC-MS analysis. This provides researchers with clear data on the contents and purity of each vial.
- USA-Made Peptides: Peptide Sciences sources all reference materials in the United States from accredited partners, providing researchers with additional assurance that this vendor’s materials are genuine and safe to administer.
- Bulk Discounts: The vendor currently lists Tirzepatide 5mg for $160, and offers bulk discounts from orders of three vials or more. This is an especially attractive feature seeing as most researchers will need at least three vials to run an eight-week
- Quick Shipping: The vendor charges a flat fee of $15 for shipping on all domestic orders, and waives this fee on orders over $200. Domestic orders take two to three business days to arrive, while deliveries to select international destinations take seven to ten business days.
- Customer Service: Researchers may contact Peptide Sciences’ dedicated customer service team by email or phone, and may expect a response in as little as one business day.
Researchers looking to source high-quality Tirzepatide are advised to buy from Peptide Sciences, the research community’s most trusted vendor.
Buy Tirzepatide from our #1 recommended vendor...
Tirzepatide Dosing | Verdict
Tirzepatide is a GIP analog with affinity at the GLP-1 receptor, giving it the ability to safely reduce blood glucose, decrease inflammation, and induce weight loss.
Approved as an adjunct treatment in adults with type 2 diabetes, Tirzepatide is currently being investigated as a weight loss agent that also provides anti-inflammatory and cardioprotective benefits.
Researchers are advised to follow standard peptide reconstitution guidelines and a prudent dosing schedule when conducting research with Tirzepatide.
Qualified researchers looking to explore the potential of Tirzepatide are advised to visit Peptide Sciences to place an order.