Weight loss researchers are clamoring for guidance on tirzepatide dosage, a topic currently under study.
Tirzepatide is a dual GIP/GLP-1 receptor agonist that has already been approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration as an adjunct treatment of type 2 diabetes (T2D).
The GIP analog has also been shown to:
- Dramatically reduce fat
- Improve overall body composition
- Positively impact metabolic and lipid health
In our educational overview of this novel weight loss agent, we include a tirzepatide dosage calculator, in addition to revealing our preferred online vendor of research-grade tirzepatide and other research chemicals.
Buy Tirzepatide from our #1 recommended vendor...
Disclaimer: Peptides.org contains information about products that are intended for laboratory and research use only, unless otherwise explicitly stated. This information, including any referenced scientific or clinical research, is made available for educational purposes only. Likewise, any published information relative to the dosing and administration of reference materials is made available strictly for reference and shall not be construed to encourage the self-administration or any human use of said reference materials. Peptides.org makes every effort to ensure that any information it shares complies with national and international standards for clinical trial information and is committed to the timely disclosure of the design and results of all interventional clinical studies for innovative treatments publicly available or that may be made available. However, research is not considered conclusive. Peptides.org makes no claims that any products referenced can cure, treat or prevent any conditions, including any conditions referenced on its website or in print materials.
Tirzepatide Dosage Chart | Quick Breakdown
|Weekly Tirzepatide Dose For Weight Loss Research
|Week 21+ (maintenance dose)
- Tirzepatide Treatment Protocol: The research peptide is to be administered once weekly subcutaneously.
What is Tirzepatide?
GIP and GLP-1 are hormones that regulate blood sugar control while activating and increasing levels of intracellular cyclic adenosine monophosphate in pancreatic B cells, thereby stimulating insulin secretion. Aside from their insulinotropic effects, these hormones also play critical roles in various biological processes in different tissues and organs that express GIPR and GLP-1R, including the pancreas, fat, bone, and the brain .
While tirzepatide is a dual GIP/GLP-1 receptor agonist, its binding activity for the GIP receptors is comparable to that of native GIP while being five times lower for the GLP-1 receptors than that of native GLP-1. Research indicates that activation of both the GLP-1 and GIP receptors produces a synergistic effect, with more enhanced insulin response and glucagonostatic response versus separate administration of each hormone .
Developed by Eli Lilly, tirzepatide is a 39-amino acid linear synthetic peptide based on the sequence of native GIP, sharing 19 amino acids with human GIP. The peptide includes a C20 fatty diacid moiety conjugated through a hydrophilic linker, which prolongs its duration of action—leading to a half-life of about five days .
Following pre-clinical research and phase 1 and 2 clinical trials, tirzepatide was recognized as a potent glucose lowering and weight loss agent with a safety profile that was comparable to other GLP-1 receptor agonists. This has led to its approval by the FDA in May 2022 as a treatment of type 2 diabetes. As a type 2 diabetes prescription medication, it is sold under the brand name Mounjaro [2, 3].
It is available online as a reference material for purchase by licensed researchers and laboratory professionals.
Based on numerous data from clinical trials, tirzepatide has been shown to offer a number of benefits. In particular, we focus on its anti-inflammatory activity, use as a weight loss agent, and cardioprotective potential.
- Reduced inflammation: Through its selective targeting of GLP-1 receptors, tirzepatide plays a role in abating inflammation, a condition that contributes to the initiation and progression of atherosclerosis. Researchers have identified various mechanisms by which GLP-1 signaling can decrease inflammation, including by decreasing NF-kB signaling, MMP-9 activity, inflammatory cytokine synthesis, and inflammatory macrophage activity .
- Obesity treatment: Tirzepatide is known to decrease adipose inflammation and increase adiponectin levels by activating GIP receptors in fat cells, thus reducing fat cell differentiation and increasing energy expenditure. Consistent administration of tirzepatide has been shown to contribute to weight loss in obese patients, with over 20% body weight reduction reported in over half of patients being given tirzepatide 10mg or 15mg weekly over the course of 72 weeks .
- Superior type 2 diabetes treatment: Tirzepatide has demonstrated superiority to diabetes treatments like dulaglutide and semaglutide in terms of glycemic efficacy and obesity reduction. In one study, researchers found that tirzepatide was more effective than semaglutide at reducing hemoglobin A1c and inducing weight loss in type 2 diabetes patients .
- Weight loss via increased satiety: Laboratory animal research has shown that tirzepatide also induces weight loss via GIP signaling to regulate hypothalamic feeding centers, resulting in improved glucose handling and reduced food intake, with the consequent reduction in the body weight of test subjects .
- Cardioprotective properties: Research has shown a correlation between high levels of adiponectin and a reduced risk of coronary heart disease. Aside from its ability to increase adiponectin, tirzepatide has also been shown to improve levels of triglycerides, apoB and apoC-III, and lipoprotein markers, thus leading to reduction of fatty tissue in the body and a lowered risk of heart disease [5, 8].
Tirzepatide Side Effects
While generally regarded as safe when handled by a qualified professional, researchers have observed some adverse effects with tirzepatide. Generally, these effects have occurred within the early course of therapy or in situations involving a dose increase.
- Decreased appetite
- Abdominal pain
- Hypersensitivity reactions
The most common side effects associated with tirzepatide are gastrointestinal adverse reactions like vomiting, nausea, and diarrhea. Researchers are accordingly advised to exercise caution if administering this peptide to subjects with severe GI disease, including serious gastroparesis .
Tirzepatide should not be administered to subjects with any history of medullary thyroid cancer or to those with multiple endocrine neoplasia syndrome type 2 . Due to the lack of studies confirming tirzepatide’s safety of use during pregnancy, researchers are not recommended to administer the peptide to pregnant subjects as the risks could outweigh the potential benefits [2, 8].
Tirzepatide Dosage Calculator and Guide
In this section, we provide notes on how tirzepatide may be administered and dosed in an experimental setting.
- Tirzepatide is administered subcutaneously into the fatty tissue just beneath the subject’s skin, typically in the abdomen area. Researchers are advised to rotate the injection site with each administration .
- Due to its long half-life, tirzepatide may be administered once weekly and at any time of the day, with or without meals .
- Notably, administering tirzepatide concomitantly with insulin may result in a higher risk of hypoglycemia. In case tirzepatide is to be used in combination with insulin, the injections should be administered separately.
- Due to its gastric emptying effect, tirzepatide may alter the absorption of oral medications. It is especially important to monitor subjects who are also being administered drugs with a narrow therapeutic index .
- According to the available evidence, tirzepatide should be taken continuously rather than cycled .
Sample Tirzepatide Dosing Protocol
- Tirzepatide Weekly Dose: Initiate at 2.5mg/weekly for the first four weeks of the study period, followed by an increase to 5mg/weekly in weeks 5-8, 7.5mg/weekly in weeks 9-12, 10mg/daily in weeks 13-16, 12.5mg/weekly in weeks 17-20, and 15mg in weeks 21 and beyond.
- Frequency: Once weekly; subcutaneously.
- Study Duration: 24-72 weeks.
- Notes: Do not exceed a weekly tirzepatide dose of 15mg. Missed doses should be administered within 5 days or skipped, and every next doses should taken according to schedule
Where to Buy Tirzepatide Online? | 2024 Edition
Given the risks associated with experimenting on low-quality peptides, researchers are well-advised to source tirzepatide strictly from a reliable vendor of research peptides.
Based on our team’s experience and industry knowledge, here are two vendors that we highly recommend:
With years of expertise in the research chemicals industry, Limitless Life is a preferred provider for both the Peptides.org team and the research community at large. Their tirzepatide is available by signing up to their VIP member’s club.
Here are some advantages to buying from this vendor:
- USA-Made Peptides: Limitless Life sources USA-made tirzepatide from accredited partners, providing researchers with assurance that their materials are genuine and safe to administer.
- Lab-Tested Tirzepatide: Each batch of tirzepatide from PureRawz is thoroughly tested by an independent, third-party laboratory via state-of-the-art HPLC-MS analysis.
- Quick Shipping: The vendor charges a low flat fee for shipping orders, and waives the fee on domestic orders of $350+.
- Customer Service: Researchers may always call or email Limitless Life’s dedicated customer service team and may expect a quick response.
Don’t hesitate; click the link below to join the Limitless VIP Club and get access research-grade tirzepatide:
Buy Tirzepatide from our #1 recommended vendor...
Researchers looking to source high-quality tirzepatide may also turn to PureRawz, another trusted vendor serving the research community.
- Tested Compounds: PureRawz has a comprehensive purity testing program for all of their compounds, which undergo both in-house and third-party testing.
- Extensive Catalog: The PureRawz website is packed full of innovative products in addition to tirzepatide, and includes detailed summaries for each product on sale.
- Informative Newsletter: The vendor’s newsletter always delivers useful peptide-related information and first-time newsletter subscribers get a discount off their first order.
Buy research peptides from Pure Rawz today...
Bacteriostatic Water for Tirzepatide
Researchers looking to administer tirzepatide in a laboratory setting know having a well-equipped lab is crucial for conducting study and work.
Researchers require specific tools such as insulin syringes, bacteriostatic water, and sterile vials to accurately prepare and store tirzepatide.
However, sourcing quality supplies from multiple retailers can be a time-consuming and frustrating task. Yet it is required for study.
Tirzepatide Dosing | Verdict
Tirzepatide is a GIP analog with affinity at the GLP-1 receptor, giving it the ability to safely reduce blood glucose, decrease inflammation, and induce weight loss.
Approved as an adjunct treatment in adults with type 2 diabetes, tirzepatide is currently being investigated as a weight loss agent that also provides anti-inflammatory and cardioprotective benefits.
Researchers are advised to follow standard peptide reconstitution guidelines and a prudent dosing schedule when conducting research with tirzepatide.
Qualified researchers looking to explore the potential of tirzepatide are advised to visit our top-rated vendor to place an order.