Researchers interested in exploring growth hormone secretagogues (GHSs) may be curious about MK-677 dosage.
MK-677, also known as ibutamoren, is an orally bioavailable substance designed to increase levels of human growth hormone in the body. Through its mechanism, MK-677 has been documented to:
- Induce fat loss
- Increase muscle mass
- Improve sleep, focus, and energy
In this guide, our expert team includes an MK-677 dosage calculator and outlines key research findings related to this potent GHS.
Qualified researchers interested in procuring high-grade MK-677 can find full details of our preferred research chemicals vendor at the end.
Buy MK-677 from our top-rated vendor...
Disclaimer: Peptides.org contains information about products that are intended for laboratory and research use only, unless otherwise explicitly stated. This information, including any referenced scientific or clinical research, is made available for educational purposes only. Likewise, any published information relative to the dosing and administration of reference materials is made available strictly for reference and shall not be construed to encourage the self-administration or any human use of said reference materials. Peptides.org makes every effort to ensure that any information it shares complies with national and international standards for clinical trial information and is committed to the timely disclosure of the design and results of all interventional clinical studies for innovative treatments publicly available or that may be made available. However, research is not considered conclusive. Peptides.org makes no claims that any products referenced can cure, treat or prevent any conditions, including any conditions referenced on its website or in print materials.
MK-677 Dosage Chart | Quick Breakdown
|Research Objective||Daily Dosage||Cycle Duration||Maximum Duration|
|MK-677 Dosage for Muscle Growth Research||25mg at bedtime, at least two hours after the last meal||2-8 weeks on/2-4 weeks off||Taken daily up to 18 months|
What is MK-677?
MK-677, also known as ibutamoren, is a synthetic non-peptide agonist of the ghrelin receptor . By mimicking ghrelin, MK-677 increases the secretion of growth hormone (GH) from the somatotrophs located in the pituitary gland. This, in turn, leads to elevated levels of GH throughout the blood and at the cellular level .
Why does that matter?
Growth hormone plays an important role in a number of the body’s essential functions. It is involved anywhere new cells are created; in the synthesis of new tissues and cellular repair .
Researchers are currently investigating whether MK-677’s ability to increase GH offers any benefits in test subjects. To date, MK-677 has yet to pass Phase II clinical trials and is classified as an “Investigational New Drug” by the US FDA. The most recent research involving MK-677 was a Phase II clinical trial focused on somatotropin deficiency in children. This was discontinued in July 2021 .
As MK-677 can be purchased by researchers, the main effects observed in past studies will be outlined in the following section.
Past studies have shown that MK-677 has several effects on human test subjects. While many of these effects are still being investigated, a summary of these research findings is presented below.
The primary effect of MK-677 is that it appears to increase blood GH levels and may therefore create the conditions the body needs to build new tissue and repair tissue damage. Several studies have found that MK-677 causes significant increases in GH levels in test subjects [5, 6, 7, 8].
By increasing GH, MK-677 may also offer a number of other indirect benefits in terms of tissue maintenance and creation. Here are some of the known benefits of GH identified in the research literature:
- Muscle growth. GH has long been known to be involved in the process of muscle fiber synthesis. Several studies have found that higher levels of GH in the blood lead to greater muscle growth [9, 10]. Some research has further indicated that MK-677, in particular, may have this effect, at least in some groups [8, 11].
- Burning fat. GH appears to be involved in metabolizing adipose tissue and burning through stubborn fat [12, 13]. There is no conclusive research showing that MK-677 burns fat, but some research does suggest that it may increase metabolism .
- Better sleep. GH and sleep work together to repair the body: Higher GH levels in the body seem to improve sleep quality . Specifically, MK-677 has been shown in some studies to increase stage IV sleep as well as improve REM sleep .
- Improved bone density. Bones tend to get frailer with age and they lose their density. GH has consistently been found to support denser, healthier bones . This is the case with MK-677, as well; some studies have found that elderly individuals dosing MK-677 have significantly improved bone density than those given a placebo .
These potential MK-677 benefits suggest that further research into this compound may be warranted. In the following section, the main side effects observed with MK-677 will be explored.
MK-677 Side Effects
What about the side effects of MK-677? Are there any?
The available research suggests that MK-677 ibutamoren is generally well tolerated by test subjects. However, comprehensive safety studies involving this compound are lacking, so its long-term effects are unknown.
- Flushing of the face (lasting 3 to 5 minutes)
- Increase in appetite
- Dry skin
- Night sweats
- Numbness and tingling
- Abdominal pain
It appears that the side effects of MK-677 are dose-dependent — higher doses increase the likelihood of test subjects experiencing side effects.
The longest known study involving MK-677 lasted just 24 weeks  and the long-term effects of MK-677 are not yet fully known. This indicates that further research into MK-677 is a potentially fruitful avenue for future experiments.
MK-677 Dosage Guide and Calculator
MK-677 is a research chemical and has no safe or recommended dose in humans. Researchers interested in exploring MK-677 may consult the relevant literature to see how it has been dosed in past studies. Here is an overview of the existing research involving the compound.
- Some studies have used doses as low as 2 mg of MK-677, given in a single dose, orally, each day over the study period . In some studies, this dose level resulted in a clinically or statistically significant increase in blood GH levels, but in other studies, it did not.
- Several studies have involved daily MK-677 doses of 10 mg, leading to significant increases in blood GH levels.
- The most common research dose for test subjects appears to be 25 mg per day. Studies have shown that this dose is consistently effective at raising GH levels in test subjects.
- The highest known dose of MK-677 is 50 mg per day. This dose is effective at increasing GH levels and appears to be well-tolerated by test subjects.
While past research involving MK-677 has seen researchers administer it at a variety of doses, 25 mg per day appears to be the most common. At this dose, test subjects experience a significant increase in blood GH levels.
MK-677 dosage level summary
- 2 mg per day is the lowest known dose of MK-677 explored in a study.
- 25 mg per day appears to be the most common MK-677 dose used in past research.
- 50 mg per day is the highest known MK-677 dose from any past research.
MK-677 has a half-life of 24 hours and is taken once a day .
Taking a single daily dose of MK-677 ensures a consistently elevated level of GH in the bloodstream.
MK-677 research cycle
What about a cycle? Should MK-677 be cycled?
It depends. Many research studies have been conducted using a cycle, in some cases as short as seven days. For example, Murphy et al. administered 25 mg per day to test subjects for two seven-day periods while Copinschi et al. administered 5-25 mg per day to test subjects for three 7-day periods.
Most cycles have lasted between 14 and 28 days — 2 and 4 weeks — followed by several weeks off. One study, Svensson et al., lasted for 8 weeks.
However, the longest known MK-677 study – which lasted 18 months – did not use a cycle. Test subjects were administered the same dosage of MK-677 each day for the entire study period (at least, those who weren’t taking a placebo).
Based on our review of the literature, the most common typical MK-677 cycle appears to have been:
- 2 to 8 weeks on
- 2 to 4 weeks off
How is MK-677 administered?
Unlike other peptide growth secretagogues such as Ipamorelin, CJC-1295, Sermorelin, and Tesamorelin — MK-677 is administered orally and absorbed through the digestive tract. Oral administration is considered by some researchers to be more convenient and safer than injections.
Some early studies administered MK-677 intravenously together with normal saline. That was effective, but not any more effective than an oral administration. More modern research doesn’t seem to use intravenous injections for MK-677.
We found no studies that use a subcutaneous injection method for administering MK-677.
The best and most common administration route appears to be oral.
Other MK-677 Dosing Guidance
Like some other GHSs, MK-677 appears to have a more pronounced effect on GH levels when administered to test subjects at least two hours after eating. Food seems to affect the way that MK-677 is absorbed and it also seems to affect the release of growth hormone itself.
Summary of research MK-677 dosing guidelines
Putting together each of those observations from the research, an effective MK-677 dosing protocol appears to be as follows:
- 25 mg per day is the most common MK-677 dose used in past research.
- MK-677 is taken orally, once per day.
- It is most effective on an empty stomach.
Based on the available data, here is a sample MK-677 research protocol for improving body composition:
- Daily Dosage: 25mg of MK-677
- Frequency: Once daily oral capsules, preferably in the evening and on an empty stomach.
- Study Duration: Up to 18 months, but can also be taken in cycles of up to 8 weeks, followed by 2-4 weeks washout
- Notes: The capsules are best taken in the evening to mimic physiological GH release and also to minimize the increase in appetite. Our preferred vendor, presented below, conveniently sells bottles of 60 MK-677 12.5mg capsules, which is sufficient for one month.
Researchers interested in working with MK-677 can find details about our preferred peptide vendor in the following section.
Where to Buy MK-677 Online? | 2024 Edition
Researchers considering MK-677 for their next experiment may be curious about where to buy this compound online.
It should come as no surprise that many vendors currently offer MK-677. But which vendors are trustworthy?
Our team has made small test orders from the top vendors and determined that the following two stand above the rest in aspects like product quality, shipping speed, and customer service.
Chemyo easily ranks among the top vendors of MK-677, and here’s why:
- High-Quality Compounds: Chemyo gets each batch of MK-677 independently tested and publishes the corresponding lab reports on its website. Its customers can rest assured that they’re getting 99% pure MK-677 as verified by an esteemed laboratory.
- Reasonable Prices: Chemyo is one of the more cost-effective vendors we tested, and currently offer MK-677 50mL (25mg/mL) for just $80.
- Fantastic Service: Chemyo is quick to respond to emails and always works with its researchers to sort out any service or delivery issues.
Buy MK-677 from our top-rated vendor...
Limitless Life is another MK-677 vendor with high standards. We fully endorse them for these reasons:
- Quality Assurance: Through the use of third-party lab testing, Limitless Life ensures that their MK-677 is potent and held to a purity standard of 99%.
- Fast Shipping: They offer plenty of shipping options and deliver most orders within 24-48 hours via the express shipping method. As a bonus, orders over $350 ship free.
Buy research peptides from Limitless Life, a top-rated vendor...
MK-677 Dose | Verdict
The research on MK-677 appears promising but there are several areas when further investigation is required.
Hopefully, this guide has illuminated the main findings related to MK-677’s benefits and side effects and helped researchers identify potential directions that future research could take.
Researchers interested in exploring MK-677 dose, benefits, effects, and overall safety profile are encouraged to visit our top-rated vendor.