Curious about sermorelin dosage protocol these days?
Sermorelin is a synthetic analog of growth hormone releasing hormone that can increase GH levels comparatively more safely than exogenous growth hormone therapy. The potential benefits of sermorelin are numerous, and include:
- Improved body composition
- Increased strength and muscle function
- Accelerated injury recovery
- Improved bone health
Our research team has put together this sermorelin dosage calculator and guide to answer some of the more common questions about dosing and administering this peptide, with summaries of past research.
For qualified researcher, read through the end for details on our preferred vendor of sermorelin and other research peptides.
Buy Sermorelin from our top-rated vendor...
Disclaimer: Peptides.org contains information about products that are intended for laboratory and research use only, unless otherwise explicitly stated. This information, including any referenced scientific or clinical research, is made available for educational purposes only. Likewise, any published information relative to the dosing and administration of reference materials is made available strictly for reference and shall not be construed to encourage the self-administration or any human use of said reference materials. Peptides.org makes every effort to ensure that any information it shares complies with national and international standards for clinical trial information and is committed to the timely disclosure of the design and results of all interventional clinical studies for innovative treatments publicly available or that may be made available. However, research is not considered conclusive. Peptides.org makes no claims that any products referenced can cure, treat or prevent any conditions, including any conditions referenced on its website or in print materials.
Sermorelin Dosage Chart | Quick Breakdown
|Sermorelin Daily Dosage||0.5-2mg|
|Frequency||Once or twice daily|
|Washout Period||4 weeks|
What is Sermorelin?
Sermorelin acetate is a peptide made up of a chain of 29 amino acids. It is commonly referred to as “sermorelin” and was previously sold under the brand names “Geref” and “Gerel”. It is synthesized to resemble endogenous growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH) .
Sermorelin works by interacting with the body’s endocrine system. Since it resembles endogenous GHRH, it produces a similar effect, which is to bind to receptors that tell the pituitary gland to release more growth hormone into the bloodstream.
The result? Growth hormone (GH) levels increase.
What is growth hormone? An essential part of the body’s tissue construction process.
Growth hormone, also called human growth hormone (HGH), is involved in many biological functions including the reproduction of cells and the repair of tissue . Because GH is so important for the growth and repair of tissue, there is currently strong research interest in the extent to which HGH may improve body composition and performance.
However, administering exogenous HGH directly to test subjects can produce a range of serious side effects, including swelling, joint pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, and an increased risk of diabetes . It may also increase the risk of certain types of cancer, such as Hodgkin’s Lymphoma . These risks mean that HGH research is strictly regulated and tightly controlled.
That’s the beauty of sermorelin research.
Rather than administering HGH directly, researchers can use sermorelin to increase HGH levels in test subjects by naturally stimulating the pituitary gland to release more endogenous HGH. Instead of spiking HGH to supraphysiological levels, sermorelin is believed to produce a gradual increase in HGH in a stable, predictable way.
In the next section, we’ll take a look at the main benefits and uses of sermorelin.
Sermorelin Benefits and Uses
So, what are the Sermorelin benefits? Well, there are quite a few.
In 1997, sermorelin received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for the treatment of growth hormone deficiency (GHD) in child and adult patients. It was available under the trade name “Geref” and was also used as a diagnostic agent to check pituitary gland function.
However, the USFDA withdrew approval for Geref in 2008 and it was subsequently discontinued. While the manufacturer stressed that this was for “reasons unrelated to safety or efficacy”, the simple fact is that sermorelin no longer has any recognizer therapeutic use. In other words, it is a research chemical and is not approved for human use.
As sermorelin is able to increase GH levels in human test subjects, there is strong interest among peptide researchers as to whether it may offer the following benefits:
- Purported anti-aging effects: Some studies have investigated sermorelin peptide’s effect on collagen production. Collagen is a protein found throughout the body and is responsible for making the skin appear smooth and youthful [5, 6]. By increasing HGH levels, some researchers theorize that sermorelin may help reduce fine lines and wrinkles that occur with age . Research in this area is ongoing.
- Body composition: One study found that GH increases lean muscle mass and reduces adipose tissue (body fat) in elderly test subjects. This study found that GH administration led to an 8.8% increase in lean muscle mass and a 14% decrease in body fat . While these results have yet to be replicated in healthy, non-elderly test subjects, some researchers are actively investigating sermorelin’s potential for muscle growth and improvements in body composition.
- Improving bone health: Research has shown that sermorelin can help increase bone density, and this may be especially useful for test subjects with osteoporosis. One study found that higher levels of HGH can help increase bone mineral density , and, since sermorelin can increase HGH levels [1, 8], the possibility that sermorelin may be an effective way of improving bone health is open to further investigation.
- Assisting cardiac tissue repair: Several animal studies have suggested that sermorelin HGH could be useful to test subjects with heart issues. A study in pigs found that it helped to reduce cardiac tissue death and increase the number of blood vessels providing nutrients to the heart . Another study found that it could reduce heart scar sizes . At this point, these results are speculative and have yet to be explored in human studies.
- Sleep regulation: Research from animal studies suggests that sermorelin may help to regulate some of the chemicals, like Orexin, that play a role in sleep .
In summary, while sermorelin is a research chemical and no longer has FDA approval, ongoing research indicates that it may offer a wide range of benefits. Hopefully, researchers interested in exploring sermorelin can consult the relevant literature when calculating sermorelin dosage.
We’ll now explore the documented sermorelin side effects.
Sermorelin Side Effects
Sermorelin appears to offer several benefits, but are there any sermorelin side effects?
Firstly, researchers need to know that the decision to withdraw sermorelin’s FDA approval was for reasons other than safety or efficacy. There is no research to date that has linked sermorelin to any clinically significant adverse effects in test subjects.
In general, sermorelin is considered by most researchers to be well-tolerated by test subjects . Side effects from sermorelin administration are rare and not severe. Some of these more mild side effects include:
- Facial flushing
- Swelling, redness, pain, or irritation at the injection site
- Strange mouth tastes
More rarely, some test subjects have reported the following side effects:
- Rash, itchiness, or hives
- Difficulty breathing
- Tightness in chest
- Swelling in the mouth
To minimize the risk of test subjects experiencing side effects as a result of sermorelin administration, researchers are advised to consult the relevant literature when designing an experiment.
In the following section, we’ll outline how this research chemical has been used in past studies.
Sermorelin Dosage Calculator and Guide
Researchers interested in working with sermorelin may use this sermorelin dosage guide during the design and planning phases of the research process.
Below, the main doses used in past sermorelin studies are highlighted along with any general guidance that researchers may need to be aware of.
How to Reconstitute Sermorelin Acetate
Sermorelin acetate usually comes in powder form. Prior to administration, researchers must first reconstitute it with bacteriostatic water by injecting the water with a large mixing syringe against the glass wall of the peptide vial. This water must be gently swirled around the vial until all of the powder is dissolved.
Reconstituted sermorelin must be refrigerated and kept away from heat, light, moisture. It can be stored for up to 28 days. Researchers are advised to discard any sermorelin that is cloudy or contains particles.
Sermorelin Administration | General tips
When sermorelin held FDA approval as a treatment for short stature in children, it was administered as a subcutaneous injection, in doses of 30mcg per kg of body weight .
In addition it has been used alongside the amino acid arginine for the diagnosis of GHD in adults, as a single intravenous infusion at a dose of 1mcg per kg of body weight.
In terms of timing, sermorelin has been administered to test subjects at night, at least two hours after the last meal for the day. This helps prevent the negative effects of food consumption and insulin release on the diurnal HGH secretion.
To date, sermorelin has not been approved for any other purpose than growth failure in children and GHD diagnosis in adults. Thus, the peptide is currently classified as a research chemical.
Yet, research has employed sermorelin for investigating its potential in healthy and GHD adults. The available data report that sermorelin has been administered in doses ranging from 1-2mg/daily, administered as one or two injections per day for up to 16 weeks .
In general, researchers are advised to initiate trials with more conservative doses of about 0.5mg/daily and increase up to 2mg/daily only if needed, depending on subjects’ response. Based on this data, here is a sample dosing protocol for sermorelin:
- Total Daily Dose: 0.5mg/daily
- Frequency: Once daily (at night) or twice daily (early in the morning, at least 2 hours before breakfast, and once at night, two hours after last meal) at a regular schedule.
- Study Duration: 4-16 weeks.
- Notes: Subcutaneous injections only. Do not exceed daily sermorelin dose of 2mg. A 5mg sermorelin vial will be sufficient for 10 doses at the starting 0.5mg dose. Researchers will need about 6 vials for a month of sermorelin experimentation.
Sermorelin Dosage | Recovery
Based on the available data, researchers interested in experimenting with sermorelin for its purported recovery benefits in adults may administer it in the following way:
- 1mg of sermorelin/daily
- One injection per day, ideally at night
- Cycle for 4 to 16 weeks
- Cycle off for 1 month
Sermorelin Dosage | Anti-Aging and Weight Loss
The available research has investigated the weight loss potential of sermorelin in doses ranging from 1-2mg/daily .
Further, a modified version of sermorelin (replacement of methionine with norleucine at position 27) has been reported to increase skin thickness in both men and women after 16 weeks of therapy involving 10mcg/kg of bodyweight daily. This would be equal to 0.8mg/daily for a 175lb test subject .
Sermorelin Dosage | Muscle Growth
The available studies to date have researched the potential of sermorelin for increasing muscle mass at doses ranging from 1-2mg, administered once or twice daily .
Where to Buy Sermorelin Online? | 2024 Edition
While sermorelin previously held FDA approval as a treatment for GHD, it is presently available as a reference material for qualified researchers and laboratory professionals.
In our experience, the best place to buy sermorelin online is Core Peptides, a U.S.-based company that provides high-quality, research-grade peptides without additives or fillers.
We love Core Peptides because they have a solid track record and get each batch of peptides tested by an independent lab.
Here’s a summary of what they do exceptionally well:
- Quality Sermorelin: Core Peptides is wholly committed to sourcing quality peptides from domestic cGMP facilities, and provides third-party laboratory testing results for each batch of sermorelin listed for sale.
- Competitive Prices: All products are affordably priced. A 5mg vial of sermorelin costs just $47. Plus, price reductions are offered on bulk purchases of five vials or more.
- Excellent Customer Service: Researchers enjoy outstanding customer service from the helpful and attentive staff. Most client concerns are addressed within 24 hours via email.
Buy Sermorelin from our top-rated vendor...
Bacteriostatic Water for Semorelin
To comply with standard guidelines for handling peptides such as sermorelin, a researcher must have certain essential materials available.
The processes of peptide injection, reconstitution, and storage call for items like insulin syringes, sterile vials, and bacteriostatic water, among others.
Trying to source all these requisite materials may present a challenge, as few credible retailers carry the full set of products. ‘
To address this, we at Peptides.org have elected a single reputable supplier that carries the standard range of materials for peptide research:
Sermorelin Dosage | Verdict
Hopefully, this sermorelin dosage calculator and chart has provided a useful starting point for researchers interested in working with this peptide.
Although sermorelin is no longer FDA approved, past research findings indicate that further research may be warranted, especially with regards to GHD treatment, long-term safety, and anti-aging effects.
Researchers interested in finding a reliable, trustworthy sermorelin vendor may consider contacting our preferred supplier here.