Buy MOTS-c Online | The A-Z Guide
MOTS-c is a recently discovered peptide that derives from a small protein encoded in the mitochondrial DNA and is involved in regulating metabolism and energy homeostasis. It has shown promising effects in preclinical studies, which have demonstrated its ability to improve metabolic health, enhance physical performance, and mitigate age-related decline in animal models.
- FREE Shipping for orders over $200 (USA Only)
- $15.00 Flat Rate Shipping Worldwide (Most Countries)
- Includes one 30mL Bacteriostatic Water with orders over $400
What is MOTS-c?
MOTS-c, short for "mitochondrial open reading frame of the 12S rRNA-c," is a small peptide derived from a specific region of the mitochondrial genome. Since its discovery, MOTS-c has garnered attention due to its potential role in regulating metabolism and age-related health .
Within cells, particularly in the mitochondria, which are the energy-producing organelles, MOTS-c is believed to function as a signaling molecule. It has been found to impact various aspects of cellular metabolism, insulin sensitivity, mitochondrial function, and potentially aging-related processes .
Research suggests that MOTS-c may have several beneficial effects, including improving glucose uptake and utilization, enhancing insulin sensitivity, promoting the formation of new mitochondria (mitochondrial biogenesis), and reducing oxidative stress.
These effects could potentially contribute to better metabolic health and improved cellular function, with implications for conditions such as diabetes, obesity, and age-related diseases. Although the exact mechanisms of action for MOTS-c are still under investigation, initial studies indicate that it may have regulatory effects on cellular metabolism and mitochondrial function .
Further research is necessary to fully comprehend its precise functions and explore potential therapeutic applications.
MOTS-c Benefits and Uses
While research on MOTS-c is still in its early stages, several benefits and uses have been proposed based on initial findings.
MOTS-c for Obesity
In a study by Lee et al. (2015), mice receiving MOTS-c injections alongside a high-fat diet showed significant weight reduction compared to a group on a regular diet . However, no weight reduction was observed as a result of administering MOTS-c to mice on the normal diet.
These findings suggest potential implications of MOTS-c for weight management, particularly in the context of a high-fat diet . Further research, including clinical trials, is necessary to determine its effectiveness and safety in humans.
MOTS-c for Metabolic Disorders
MOTS-c treatment in mice undergoing ovariectomy prevented obesity and insulin resistance by activating brown fat and reducing fat accumulation and inflammation.
These findings indicate the potential benefits of MOTS-c in mitigating metabolic changes in postmenopausal women. However, further research is needed to fully understand its therapeutic implications for postmenopausal metabolic dysfunction .
MOTS-c for Anti-Aging
Aging is a complex process characterized by the deterioration of biological functions and reduced ability to handle metabolic stress. MOTS-c, a peptide, plays a role in healthy aging by enhancing mitochondrial fitness and physical capacity .
It increases NAD+ levels, influences metabolic pathways, and improves physical performance in mice . These findings suggest that MOTS-c could be a therapeutic target for promoting healthy aging and preventing age-related diseases, but more research is needed to understand its mechanisms and potential applications in humans.
MOTS-c for Increased Muscle Performance
During exercise, mitochondria are vital for supporting skeletal muscle function and transmitting exercise-induced signals. MOTS-c, in combination with exercise training, has been shown to enhance the expression of the PGC-1α gene, which governs mitochondrial biogenesis and energy metabolism .
In mice, MOTS-c treatment activates skeletal muscle AMPK, a key exercise regulator, by increasing AICAR (an AMPK agonist) and GLUT4 levels. Similarly, regular aerobic exercise increases PGC-1α, GLUT4, and AMPK phosphorylation in mice .
MOTS-c acts on exercise-sensitive signaling intermediates like AMPK, SIRT1, and PGC-1α, promoting fatty acid oxidation and mitochondrial biogenesis to enhance muscle metabolic capacity .
MOTS-c and exercise exhibit overlapping effects on genes related to angiogenesis, inflammation, and apoptosis, potentially reducing the risk of metabolic disorders and cardiovascular complications .
Further research is required to fully grasp the mechanisms and therapeutic applications of MOTS-c and exercise.
MOTS-c for Cardiovascular Function
In a study by Quing Quin et al. (2018), patients with endothelial dysfunction (ED) had lower levels of MOTS-c in their plasma compared to those with normal endothelial function .
Another study by Zhong et al. (2022) showed that MOTS-c peptide administration mitigated cardiac dysfunction and remodeling in a heart failure mouse model, reducing inflammation and activating the AMPK pathway .
Other Potential Uses of MOTS-c
- MOTS-c for Neurodegenerative Diseases
- MOTS-c for Immunity
- MOTS-c for Inflammation
- MOTS-c for Osteoporosis
- MOTS-c for Postmenopausal Disorders
MOTS-c Side Effects and Safety
To date, no significant adverse side effects have been reported in studies investigating MOTS-c. Animal studies and in vitro experiments have shown positive effects without apparent toxicity. However, further research is needed to assess the long-term safety and potential side effects in humans.
A clinical study conducted by CohBar on a MOTS-c analog called CB4211 in individuals with nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and obesity demonstrated good tolerability and safety, with no significant adverse effects reported . These findings contribute to our understanding of the safety profile and potential therapeutic uses of MOTS-c analogs.
As an injectable peptide, MOTS-c may have potential adverse effects, which can include:
- Discoloration at the injection site
It is important to be aware of these potential risks when considering MOTS-c injections.
MOTS-c dosing in mice has been investigated in a few studies. The dosing regimens can vary depending on the specific experimental design, the desired outcome, and the age and strain of the mice used. Here are a couple of examples:
- A study published in Cell Metabolism in 2015 investigated the effects of MOTS-c on age-related insulin resistance in mice. In this study, MOTS-c was administered to the mice via intraperitoneal (IP) injections. The dosing regimen used was 0.5 mg/kg body weight, three times per week, for a total of 12 weeks .
- In another study published as part of the experiment, rats in the DM (diabetes mellitus) group were subjected to intraperitoneal injections of MOTS-c at a dosage of 0.5mg per kilogram of body weight per day. These injections were administered consistently for 7 days every week over 8 weeks .
The dosing of MOTS-c in humans is still being investigated, and there is currently no standardized dosing regimen established. MOTS-c is a relatively new discovery, and its translation into clinical applications is in the early stages of research.
Sample MOTS-c Dosing Protocol
Here is a sample reference dosing for MOTS-c regimen that researchers may use for weight loss:
- Protocol. MOTS-c Regimen for Weight Loss
- Dosage. Administer 5mg of MOTS-c in the morning alongside the subject's first meal.
- Frequency. Administer 5mg 3x weekly (M, W, F) for the first four weeks. Administer 5mg 1x weekly for the second four weeks.
- Duration. Follow the regimen for eight weeks.
- Notes. A total of 80mg MOTS-c is required for this protocol.
- Strictly adhere to the dosage of 5mg.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose unless warranted by the research objective.
- The subject should follow a balanced and healthy diet by consuming a variety of nutrient-dense foods, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats. Limit the intake of processed foods, sugary snacks, and beverages.
- The subject should engage in regular physical activity by incorporating cardiovascular exercises (such as brisk walking, jogging, or cycling) and strength training exercises (such as weightlifting or resistance training) into their routine.
- The subject should maintain hydration by drinking an adequate amount of water throughout the day.
Monitoring and Assessments:
- Regularly track the subject’s weight, body measurements, and progress throughout the 8-week period.
Potential Side Effects:
- Although MOTS-c is generally considered safe, individual reactions may vary. Possible side effects may include mild gastrointestinal discomfort, headaches, or fatigue.
- If any severe or persistent side effects occur, lower dose or discontinue treatment.
Precautions and Contraindications:
- Account for any existing medical conditions, allergies, or medications being taken before starting the MOTS-c regimen.
Where to Buy MOTS-c Online?
Our top recommended choice for purchasing research-grade MOTS-c is none other than Peptide Sciences. Here are several reasons why we love this vendor:
World Class Lab Testing:
- Peptide Sciences ensures the highest quality standards by conducting thorough lab testing on all their products, including MOTS-c.
- Their commitment to rigorous testing guarantees that all products listed meet purity and potency requirements, providing customers with confidence and peace of mind.
- Peptide Sciences offers competitive pricing for MOTS-c and other peptides, making it an attractive choice for customers.
- Their pricing structure strikes a balance between affordability and quality, providing value for money and making MOTS-c accessible to a wider range of individuals.
- Peptide Sciences manufactures their products domestically, ensuring control over the entire production process.
- Domestic production allows for stringent quality control measures and adherence to regulatory standards, resulting in a reliable and trustworthy product.
- Peptide Sciences prioritizes prompt delivery, aiming to provide customers with a seamless experience.
- They have efficient shipping processes in place, ensuring that MOTS-c orders are processed and dispatched quickly, minimizing any potential delays.
- Peptide Sciences places a strong emphasis on customer satisfaction and support.
- They have a dedicated customer care team available to address inquiries, provide assistance, and resolve any issues promptly and professionally.
Given their world-class lab testing, competitive pricing, domestic production, fast shipping, and customer care, Peptide Sciences is a highly regarded choice for purchasing MOTS-c. Buy with confidence!
How Much Does MOTS-c Cost?
To calculate the total cost of the MOTS-c and bacteriostatic water regimen considering the cost of both, we need to consider the dosage, frequency, duration of treatment and quantities and prices of the products.
Given the following information:
The cost of MOTS-c from our recommended vendor Peptide Sciences is as follows:
- MOTS-c 5mg vial.
Cost: $65.00 per vial
- MOTS-c 10mg vial.
Cost: $110.00 per vial
Bacteriostaticwater.org offers a pack of 10 vials of 30ml each for $83.00. Once opened a vial can be used for 28 days.
To calculate the total cost of MOTS-c and bacteriostatic water needed for the sample protocol, let's consider the provided information:
Total MOTS-c Dosage: The total dosage required for the above weight loss protocol is 80mg for a study duration of eight weeks.
- Total number of MOTS-c vials needed = 8
- Cost of MOTS-c: Cost per 10mg vial = $110.00; Number of vials needed = $110.00 * 8 = $880.00; discount on first five vials = $25. Total MOTS-c cost: $855
- Regardless of how much bacteriostatic water is needed, a pack of bacteriostatic water contains 10 vials of 30ml each.
- Cost of bacteriostatic water: Cost per pack of 10 vials = $83.00 Total cost of bacteriostatic water = Cost per pack * Number of packs needed = $83.00 * 1 = $83.00
Therefore, the total cost of MOTS-c and bacteriostatic water needed for the sample protocol is $855.00 + $83.00 = $938.00.
Buy MOTS-c from our #1 recommended vendor...
How is MOTS-c administered?
MOTS-c is typically administered through injections, either intraperitoneal (IP) or subcutaneous (SC), depending on the study protocol or clinical trial design.
Are there any side effects associated with MOTS-c?
To date, no significant adverse side effects have been reported in studies conducted on MOTS-c. However, individual responses may vary, and it is recommended to evaluate all risks before commencing MOTS-c experimentation.
Is MOTS-c available for human use?
Currently, MOTS-c is primarily being studied in preclinical and animal models. Further research, including clinical trials, is needed to evaluate its effectiveness and safety in humans. Where it is sold as a research chemical, MOTS-c is intended strictly for laboratory experimentation.
Which is the most reliable place to buy MOTS-c?
Peptide Sciences is a reputable supplier of high-quality research peptides, including MOTS-c. They have a strong reputation for providing reliable products and maintaining rigorous quality control standards.
How can MOTS-c be incorporated into a weight management regimen?
While MOTS-c shows promise in weight management, it is important to note that it is still under investigation.
Can MOTS-c be used as an anti-aging intervention?
MOTS-c has been implicated in promoting healthy aging by improving mitochondrial function and cellular metabolism. However, more research is needed to fully understand its role and potential as an anti-aging intervention in humans.
Are there any natural sources of MOTS-c?
MOTS-c is a synthetic peptide derived from mitochondrial DNA. It is not naturally present in food sources nor commonly found in the human body.
Can MOTS-c be used in combination with other therapies or supplements?
The potential interactions of MOTS-c with other therapies or supplements are still being explored.
Bacteriostatic Water For Injection
You’ll of course need laboratory supplies including bacteriostatic water and injection materials to conduct studies on MOTS-c.
At BacteriostaticWater.org, you can find research supply kits that offer a convenient and dependable solution for reconstituting peptides including MOTS-c. Here are the primary reasons to source your supplies from this retailer:
- Purpose-built kits: BacteriostaticWater.org’s kits are specifically designed to provide all the components necessary for reconstituting peptides. They come with bacteriostatic water, sterile syringes, and alcohol swabs, ensuring you have a complete set of supplies for the reconstitution process.
- Sterility and safety: The bacteriostatic water included in the kits ensures that the reconstitution process is carried out in a sterile and safe manner. This significantly reduces the risk of contamination and helps preserve the integrity of the peptide.
- Convenience: By using a kit, you eliminate the need to individually source each component, saving you time and effort. With all the necessary supplies conveniently bundled together, you can proceed with the reconstitution process without any hassle.
- Trusted online retailer: BacteriostaticWater.org is highly recommended as a reputable and trusted online retailer that offers reliable supply kits for handling peptides. They provide quality products and have a proven track record of meeting industry standards.
Purchase a comprehensive supply kit from BacteriostaticWater.org today!
Buy Bacteriostatic Water from our #1 recommended vendor...
MOTS-c For Sale | Overall
MOTS-c is a small peptide molecule that optimizes mitochondrial function, enhancing cellular energy production and metabolic health. It occurs naturally and has several benefits. MOTS-c exhibits potential in the treatment of obesity and diabetes, while also potentially slowing down the aging process and supporting muscle health and recovery.
If you're looking to purchase MOTS-c, Peptide Sciences is a highly reliable source that offers this product. This vendor is a reputable supplier of research chemicals and is recognized for its commitment to quality and customer satisfaction.
- Gao Y, Wei X, Wei P, Lu H, Zhong L, Tan J, Liu H, Liu Z. MOTS-c Functionally Prevents Metabolic Disorders. Metabolites. 2023 Jan 13;13(1):125.
- Lee C, Zeng J, Drew BG, Sallam T, Martin-Montalvo A, Wan J, et al. The mitochondrial-derived peptide MOTS-c promotes metabolic homeostasis and reduces obesity and insulin resistance. Cell Metab. 2015;21(3):443–54.
- Mohtashami Z, Singh MK, Salimiaghdam N, Ozgul M, Kenney MC. MOTS-c, the Most Recent Mitochondrial Derived Peptide in Human Aging and Age-Related Diseases. Int J Mol Sci 2022 Oct 9;23(19):11991.
- Lu H, Wei M, Zhai Y, Li Q, Ye Z, Wang L, Luo W, Chen J, Lu Z. MOTS-c peptide regulates adipose homeostasis to prevent ovariectomy-induced metabolic dysfunction. J Mol Med (Berl). 2019 Apr;97(4):473-485.
- D’Souza, R.F.; Woodhead, J.S.; Hedges, C.P.; Zeng, N.; Wan, J.; Kumagai, H.; Lee, C.; Cohen, P.; Cameron-Smith, D.; Mitchell, C.J.; et al. Increased expression of the mitochondrial derived peptide, MOTS-c, in skeletal muscle of healthy aging men is associated with myofiber composition. Aging 2020, 12, 5244–5258.
- Jäger, S.; Handschin, C.; St-Pierre, J.; Spiegelman, B.M. AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) action in skeletal muscle via direct phosphorylation of PGC-1α. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 2007, 104, 12017–12022.
- Schnyder, S.; Handschin, C. Skeletal muscle as an endocrine organ: PGC-1α, myokines and exercise. Bone 2015, 80, 115–125.
- Li, S.; Wang, M.; Ma, J.; Pang, X.; Yuan, J.; Pan, Y.; Fu, Y.; Laher, I. MOTS-c and Exercise Restore Cardiac Function by Activating of NRG1-ErbB Signaling in Diabetic Rats. Front Endocrinol. 2022, 13, 812032.
- Qin Q, Delrio S, Wan J, Jay Widmer R, Cohen P, Lerman LO, Lerman A.Downregulation of circulating MOTS-c levels in patients with coronary endothelial dysfunction. Int J Cardiol. 2018 Mar 1;254:23-27.
- Zhong P, Peng J, Hu Y, Zhang J, Shen C. Mitochondrial derived peptide MOTS-c prevents the development of heart failure under pressure overload conditions in mice. J Cell Mol Med. 2022 Nov;26(21):5369-5378. doi: 10.1111/jcmm.17551. Epub 2022 Sep 25.
- BioSpace. (2019, November 05). CohBar completes phase 1a and initiates phase 1b stage of clinical trial for CB4211 under development for NASH and ObesityMilestone for first mitochondrial based therapeutic in humans. BioSpace. Retrieved September 18, 2022, from https://www.biospace.com/article/releases/CohBar-Completes-Phase-1a-and -initiates-Phase1b-Stage-of-Clinical-Trial-of-CB4211-Under-Development-for-NASH-and-ObesityMilestone-for-First-Mitochondrial-Based-Therapeutic-in-Humans.
- Reynolds, J.C.; Lai, R.W.; Woodhead, J.S.; Joly, J.H.; Mitchell, C.J.; Cameron-Smith, D.; Lu, R.; Cohen, P.; Graham, N.A.; Benayoun, B.A.; et al. MOTS-c is an exercise-induced mitochondrial-encoded regulator of age-dependent physical decline and muscle homeostasis. Nat. Commun. 2021, 12, 1–11.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.