Buy MK-677 | The A-Z Guide
MK-677, also called ibutamoren, is an orally-active small-molecule growth hormone secretagogue. A non-peptide agonist of the ghrelin receptor and chemically indistinguishable from GHRP-6, it has a substantial effect on GH release without affecting cortisol.
With a favorable safety profile to date, MK-677 has been shown to promote lean body mass production, bone health, neurologic function, and sleep quality. It is actively being investigated for potential benefits relating to body composition, bone density, sleep, and longevity.
- FREE Shipping for orders over $200 (USA Only)
- $9.25 Flat Rate Shipping, USA Orders
- Includes one 30mL Bacteriostatic Water with orders over $200
What is MK-677?
MK-677, also known as ibutamoren, is an orally active small-molecule growth hormone secretagogue (GHS). It is a non-peptide agonist of the ghrelin receptor that mimics ghrelin and stimulates the secretion of endogenous growth hormone in test subjects .
While MK-677 is readily distinguishable from growth hormone-releasing hormone, it is mechanistically indistinguishable from the GH-releasing peptide GHRP-6, and has a significant effect on GH levels.
It also has a modest effect on cortisol without affecting prolactin, thyroxine, luteinizing hormone, or aldosterone to a significant extent .
MK-677 Benefits | Clinical Trials
Drawing on data from past trials, we summarize three key MK-677 benefits observed to date:
- Promotes lean body mass production: The main appeal of MK-677 from a research standpoint is that it is a growth hormone secretagogue (GHS) that raises levels of growth hormone and promotes lean body mass production . Studies have shown that MK-677 can stimulate the secretion of endogenous GH in test subjects while avoiding risks associated with GH, such as increased all-cause mortality in GH deficient children  and increased risk of harm in GH deficient adults .
One study examined the use of ibutamoren mesylate (MK-677) on the growth hormone-insulin-like growth factor I axis in growth hormone-deficient children . The authors concluded that short-term administration of MK-677 can increase GH, IGF-I, and IGFBP-3 levels in some children with GH deficiency after only seven days of therapy.
Two short-term clinical studies have found that MK-677 can positively impact body composition in test subjects:
- A 1998 study by Murphy et al. found that MK-677 reversed diet-induced catabolism in a group of eight healthy young volunteers who were put on a diet of 14 days . In this study, MK-677 was found to preserve nitrogen balance to a greater extent than placebo.
- A two-month trial by Svensson et al. found that obese men who received MK-677 gained 3 kg more fat-free mass (FFM) compared with the placebo group .
These studies indicate that further research testing MK-677’s effects on lean body mass production may be warranted.
- Improves quality and duration of sleep: A 1997 study found that MK-677 has a strong effect on the quality and duration of sleep. The study found that test subjects who were treated with 25 mg MK-677 daily experienced a 50% increase in stage 4 sleep duration and an over 20% increase in REM sleep duration . Given the ability of MK-677 to extend these critical sleep stages in healthy subjects, further investigation of the compound for its sleep-related benefits is warranted.
- Improves bone health: There is strong research interest in the effect of MK-677 on bone health. A 1999 study by Murphy et al., found that MK-677 improved bone turnover in elderly patients in just nine weeks . When compared with placebo, MK-677 produced a 29.4% increase in mean serum osteocalcin, according to the study. The study concluded that MK-677 promoted bone turnover in the subjects based on positive indicators of bone resorption and formation.
MK-677 Side Effects
- Increased cortisol levels
- Increased appetite
- Increased fasting blood glucose levels (0.3 mmol/L, 5 mg/dL on average)
- Edema (mild, transient)
- Muscle pain (mild, transient)
- Decreased insulin sensitivity
- Decreased low-density lipoprotein cholesterol
These findings are broadly in line with the results of other MK-677 human trials to date, which have not linked the compound to any severe side effects.
However, there is a clear paucity of data regarding MK-677’s long-term safety, highlighting the need for further work to better understand the effects and safety of long-term MK-677 administration .
Is MK-677 Safe?
Little is known about the long-term safety of MK-677 administration and the compound has yet to pass a phase II trial. The most recent phase II trial aimed to investigate the safety and efficacy of MK-677 for treating somatropin deficiency in children. The trial was suspended in July 2021 and resumed in May 2022 .
The longest MK-677 study to date lasted 24 weeks and was discontinued due to MK-677’s potential to increase the rate of congestive heart failure (CHF) in elderly test subjects who had been recovering from hip fracture. Researchers noted that MK-677 had an unfavorable safety profile in this narrowly-defined test group .
The state of MK-677 research indicates that a long-term safety study with independent validation is required before drawing any conclusions about the safety of MK-677.
MK-677 Dosage Calculator
As MK-677 has no officially recommended dosage, the above-cited studies offer researchers insight into how to calculate MK-677 dosage.
According to the literature to date, here is a sample MK-677 research protocol:
- Daily Dosage: 12.5mg-25mg of MK-677
- Frequency: Cause subject to ingest one to two 12.5mg MK-577 capsules daily. If the protocol calls for two capsules daily, ingest one in the morning and one in the evening.
- Study Duration: 1 week-6 months, depending on research objective.
- Cycle: This compound is typically not “cycled.” However, monitor subject for insulin resistance.
- Notes: Our preferred vendor, presented below, conveniently sells bottles of 60 MK-677 12.5mg capsules, which in most research cases would represent a one-month supply of the peptide.
Where to Buy MK-677 Online? | 2024 Edition
Researchers interested in studying MK-677 may be looking for the best place to buy MK-677 online.
To assist these researchers, our team has placed small test orders with a number of research peptide suppliers, rating them according to a range of factors including quality, prices, shipping times, and customer service.
Based on our extensive survey, we chose one company that we’ll present below.
Chemyo is a renowned research chemicals company that ships research-grade MK-677 worldwide within a reasonable time frame.
Here are the main advantages of using Chemyo:
- Third-Party Testing: Chemyo ensures that each batch of MK-677 is tested by an independent lab for purity and identity. The corresponding lab reports are posted online so that researchers can see the exact quality of the MK-677 they wish to buy.
- Fair Prices: Chemyo ships bottles of MK-677 50mL (25mg/mL) for just $80 each, and offers a 10% for first time newsletter subscribers. Their prices are extremely competitive and help establish Chemyo as one of the more affordable vendors of MK-677.
- Secure, Fast Shipping: Chemyo waives shipping fees on all U.S. orders over $100, helping to further reduce the cost of running a longer-term MK-677 research study.
- Helpful Customer Service: Researchers who contact Chemyo will be pleased to find that their questions are answered by a real person, not a bot. Email inquiries are typically responded to within 24 hours.
In summation, Chemyo can handle large orders with speed, professionalism, and discretion, and they accept a wide range of convenient payment methods including credit cards and cryptocurrencies.
Buy MK-677 from our top-rated vendor...
How to Reconstitute MK-677
Our preferred vendor exclusively sells MK-677 in liquid solution form; 50ml with 25mg/ml.
There is no reconstitution required.
How is MK-677 Delivered
MK-677 is typically delivered orally via liquid solution or capsule.
How to Take MK-677
Research indicates that MK-677 is typically given to test subjects in liquid or capsule form, once daily.
MK-677 For Sale | Verdict
This guide has summarized the main benefits and side effects when buying MK-677 online, and illuminated worthwhile directions for future research.
There are clear opportunities for further studies to examine clinically significant endpoints such as quality of life, body composition, and long-term safety.
Researchers interested in exploring the peptide’s clinical utility may procure research-grade MK-677 from our preferred vendor by clicking here.
- Patchett AA, Nargund RP, Tata JR, Chen MH, Barakat KJ, Johnston DB, Cheng K, Chan WW, Butler B, Hickey G, et al. Design and biological activities of L-163,191 (MK-0677): a potent, orally active growth hormone secretagogue. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995 Jul 18;92(15):7001-5. doi: 10.1073/pnas.92.15.7001. PMID: 7624358; PMCID: PMC41459.
- Sigalos JT, Pastuszak AW. The Safety and Efficacy of Growth Hormone Secretagogues. Sex Med Rev. 2018 Jan;6(1):45-53. doi: 10.1016/j.sxmr.2017.02.004. Epub 2017 Apr 8. PMID: 28400207; PMCID: PMC5632578.
- Carel JC, Ecosse E, Landier F, Meguellati-Hakkas D, Kaguelidou F, Rey G, Coste J. Long-term mortality after recombinant growth hormone treatment for isolated growth hormone deficiency or childhood short stature: preliminary report of the French SAGhE study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012 Feb;97(2):416-25. doi: 10.1210/jc.2011-1995. Epub 2012 Jan 11. PMID: 22238382.
- Cummings DE, Merriam GR. Growth hormone therapy in adults. Annu Rev Med. 2003;54:513-33. doi: 10.1146/annurev.med.54.101601.152147. Epub 2001 Dec 3. PMID: 12471175.
- Codner E, Cassorla F, Tiulpakov AN, Mericq MV, Avila A, Pescovitz OH, Svensson J, Cerchio K, Krupa D, Gertz BJ, Murphy G. Effects of oral administration of ibutamoren mesylate, a nonpeptide growth hormone secretagogue, on the growth hormone-insulin-like growth factor I axis in growth hormone-deficient children. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2001 Jul;70(1):91-8. doi: 10.1067/mcp.2001.116514. PMID: 11452249.
- Murphy MG, Plunkett LM, Gertz BJ, He W, Wittreich J, Polvino WM, Clemmons DR. MK-677, an orally active growth hormone secretagogue, reverses diet-induced catabolism. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998 Feb;83(2):320-5. doi: 10.1210/jcem.83.2.4551. PMID: 9467534.
- Svensson J, Lönn L, Jansson JO, Murphy G, Wyss D, Krupa D, Cerchio K, Polvino W, Gertz B, Boseaus I, Sjöström L, Bengtsson BA. Two-month treatment of obese subjects with the oral growth hormone (GH) secretagogue MK-677 increases GH secretion, fat-free mass, and energy expenditure. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998 Feb;83(2):362-9. doi: 10.1210/jcem.83.2.4539. PMID: 9467542.
- Copinschi G, Leproult R, Van Onderbergen A, Caufriez A, Cole KY, Schilling LM, Mendel CM, De Lepeleire I, Bolognese JA, Van Cauter E. Prolonged oral treatment with MK-677, a novel growth hormone secretagogue, improves sleep quality in man. Neuroendocrinology. 1997 Oct;66(4):278-86. doi: 10.1159/000127249. PMID: 9349662.
- Murphy MG, Bach MA, Plotkin D, Bolognese J, Ng J, Krupa D, Cerchio K, Gertz BJ. Oral administration of the growth hormone secretagogue MK-677 increases markers of bone turnover in healthy and functionally impaired elderly adults. The MK-677 Study Group. J Bone Miner Res. 1999 Jul;14(7):1182-8. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.19220.127.116.112. PMID: 10404019.
- Nass, Ralf et al. “Effects of an oral ghrelin mimetic on body composition and clinical outcomes in healthy older adults: a randomized trial.” Annals of internal medicine vol. 149,9 (2008): 601-11. doi:10.7326/0003-4819-149-9-200811040-00003
- Ibutamoren - Lumos Pharma/Merck - AdisInsight. (2022). Retrieved 6 January 2022, from https://adisinsight.springer.com/drugs/800007434
- Adunsky A, Chandler J, Heyden N, Lutkiewicz J, Scott BB, Berd Y, Liu N, Papanicolaou DA. MK-0677 (ibutamoren mesylate) for the treatment of patients recovering from hip fracture: a multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled phase IIb study. Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2011 Sep-Oct;53(2):183-9. doi: 10.1016/j.archger.2010.10.004. Epub 2010 Nov 9. PMID: 21067829.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.