CJC-1295 and Ipamorelin are both peptides that boost growth hormone (GH) levels, but can researchers administer them concurrently to test subjects?
This guide will outline the main benefits, side effects, and known interactions of these two peptides with the aim of informing researchers working in this field.
Below, researchers can gain a full understanding of the similarities and differences between CJC-1295 and Ipamorelin, and the types of effects that test subjects may experience when administered these peptides simultaneously.
Let’s jump in.
Buy CJC-1295 from the #1 online Peptides vendor in the world...
Disclaimer: Peptides.org contains information about products that are intended for laboratory and research use only, unless otherwise explicitly stated. This information, including any referenced scientific or clinical research, is made available for educational purposes only. Peptides.org makes every effort to ensure that any information it shares complies with national and international standards for clinical trial information and is committed to the timely disclosure of the design and results of all interventional clinical studies for innovative treatments publicly available or that may be made available. However, research is not considered conclusive. Peptides.org makes no claims that any products referenced can cure, treat or prevent any conditions, including any conditions referenced on its website or in print materials.
What is CJC-1295?
CJC-1295 is a synthetic peptide that is an analog of growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH) . It was originally developed by ConjuChem Biotechnologies in Montreal, Canada, but is now produced by several companies around the world.
Why does GH matter?
GH is essential for a vast number of bodily functions, especially cell and protein synthesis, cell maintenance and tissue repair . GH touches everything: GH receptors are found all over the body in virtually all tissues.
While GH is plentiful in the young, it starts to decline as people age. That’s why increasing the levels of GH in the body is believed to help fight symptoms of aging.
Benefits of CJC-1295
The therapeutic benefits of CJC-1295 have yet to be rigorously investigated in human trials. Below is an overview of the purported benefits that CJC-1295 may offer.
That, in turn, may offer several benefits for the body, including :
- Well-developed bones: As we age, bones lose their density and can become brittle. GH has been found to improve that density and prevent bone health issues .
- Muscle growth: GH has a direct impact on the body’s ability to synthesize muscle tissue after workouts. Several studies have shown that GH can increase lean muscle mass [10, 11].
- Improved sleep: GH and sleep go together; the highest levels of GH in the body occur during stage IV sleep. The relationship goes the other way, too: CJC-1295 seems to improve the quality of sleep .
- Burning fat: GH plays an important role in breaking down adipose tissue into energy . Of course, this requires exercise — it’s not going to happen on its own .
- Injury recovery: Growth hormone helps the body repair damaged tissue. That explains why GH has been found to help people recover faster from injuries .
- Anti-aging effects: GH purportedly offers anti-aging benefits such as younger-looking skin . GH can improve skin quality by repairing and replacing the collagen protein that gives skin its elasticity [16, 17].
Due to these purported benefits of CJC-1295, there is evidence to show that the bodybuilding community has taken great interest in CJC-1295.
CJC-1295 Side Effects
What about CJC-1295 side effects?
Well, again, the research in this area is clearly lacking. There are a limited number of human studies involving CJC-1295, but from this limited pool of data it appears that CJC-1295 side effects are minimal, at least in the short term [4, 7, 8].
However, some reported side effects include:
- flu-like symptoms
- increased heart rate
- redness and tenderness at injection site
- difficulty swallowing
These side effects appear to be uncommon and rarely severe. And side effects seem to be dose-dependent, meaning that they become more likely with larger doses. Research subjects can be started on smaller doses to reduce the chance they’ll experience side effects.
What is Ipamorelin?
Ipamorelin is another synthetic peptide made up of 5 amino acids. It’s one of a number of growth hormone-releasing peptides (GHRPs) .
Ipamorelin is chemically similar to one of the body’s natural peptides called “Ghrelin” so it can bind to the Ghrelin receptors that play a role in regulating GH in the body.
One of its effects is the reduction of other chemicals, namely somatostatin, that work to inhibit the release of GH. Ipamorelin helps create the conditions for increased GH release.
Benefits of Ipamorelin
In common with CJC-1295 peptide, Ipamorelin appears to produce a significant increase in GH in the blood .
Research involving Ipamorelin has shown that it may offer the following benefits when administered to test subjects:
- Better bone mineral density 
- Faster recovery from injuries 
- Greater lipolysis and fat loss 
- Increases in lean muscle tissue [10, 13]
- Anti-aging effects such as younger-looking skin 
- Better sleep [12, 19]
An additional potential benefit of Ipamorelin beyond those of other GHRPs is that it does not create additional cortisol when administered to test subjects.
Ipamorelin Side Effects
Ipamorelin has been found to produce some side effects in test subjects, although, like for CJC, these are typically rare and mild. They include:
- Pain, rash, or soreness at injection sites
- Water retention in wrists or ankles
- Transient fever
- Insulin resistance
CJC-1295 and Ipamorelin | What Researchers MUST Know
Researchers will be aware that both CJC-1295 and Ipamorelin are peptide powerhouses in their own rights.
We’ll now go even deeper, examining key similarities and differences between the two, and exploring the effects that researchers may observe when administering CJC-1295 and Ipamorelin simultaneously to test subjects.
Similarities Between CJC-1295 and Ipamorelin
CJC-1295 and Ipamorelin have much in common.
They are both short chains of amino acids and both function as chemical signals to help the body regulate itself. They are both also synthetic, which means they’re produced in a lab.
Most importantly, both have the effect of stimulating the body to endogenously produce growth hormone. They both lead to elevated GH levels in the blood and help the body repair tissue.
Understanding the Difference Between CJC-1295 vs. Ipamorelin
To understand the difference between CJC-1295 and Ipamorelin, it’s important to understand the difference between GHRHs and GHRPs more generally. Both GHRHs, like CJC-1295 peptide, and GHRPs, like Ipamorelin, have the end result of increasing growth hormone.
So, what’s the difference?
The biology is a bit complicated, so we’re going to simplify a bit here. But essentially there are a few pieces to the GH puzzle:
- Growth Hormone-Releasing Hormones (GHRHs): These signal somatotrophs (specialized cells) in the anterior pituitary gland to begin the process of producing additional GH. GHRHs include Sermorelin, Tesamorelin, CJC-1295 DAC, and CJC-1295 (also called Mod GRF 1-29).
- Somatostatin: This is a GH inhibitor produced naturally in the body. It tells the somatotroph cells to downregulate the release of GH, and they inhibit GH. Their effect is typically stronger than the effect of GHRH, so if somatostatin is present, GHRHs will usually not lead to the release of GH.
- Ghrelin: This is a substance created in the stomach and helps regulate appetite. It reduces the effect of somatostatin and encourages the release of more GHRH.
- Growth Hormone-Releasing Peptides (GHRPs): GHRPs mimic the activity of Ghrelin. They inhibit somatostatin and create the conditions for GHRH to have its effect. These include Hexarelin, GHRP2, GHRP6, Ipamorelin and MKo677 (peptide GHRP mimetic).
So while GHRHs trigger the release of GH from the pituitary gland, the release is ultimately still controlled by the hypothalamus and by whether somatostatin is in there. The somatostatin needs to be turned down before the release of GH can take place.
GHRPs help do just that: They limit that somatostatin so that the GH can actually be released from the pituitary. So they help create the conditions for GHRHs to work.
A very simple way to think about it is that GHRHs help create more GH by the body, and GHRPs help ensure that it gets released. That’s the basic idea, although it omits a ton of detail.
The takeaway for researchers is that there are no official or published figures to indicate whether combining GHRPs together with GHRHs is more effective than administering either on its own.
CJC-1295 and Ipamorelin Together
There is strong research interest in the simultaneous application of both GHRHs and GHRPs to test subjects and many researchers are interested in the effects of administering CJC-1295 and ipamorelin together. However, there is no published researcher to indicate whether these peptides have a synergistic or adverse effect when combined.
Instead, researchers can consult past studies to see how these peptides have been dosed :
- CJC-1295 DAC with Ipamorelin: Data from past studies shows that CJC-1295 has been dosed at 1 mcg per kg of body weight, up to a maximum of 100 mcg in test subjects. It has been administered two days out of a week during the test subject’s cycle. Ipamorelin has been dosed at 1 mcg per kg of body weight, up to a maximum of 100 mcg, every day of the test subject’s cycle.
- Mod GRF 1-29 (CJC-1295 no DAC) with Ipamorelin. Dosing for CJC and Ipamorelin has been 1 mcg per kg of body weight, to a maximum of 100 mcg, every day of the test subject’s cycle.
Researchers interested in experimenting with CJC-1295 and Ipamorelin together may note that these peptides can be purchased as a combination in one product. Such products are sometimes referred to as “CJC-1295 Ipamorelin” or “CJC 1295/Ipamorelin.”
To avoid confusion, researchers should note that CJC-1295 and Ipamorelin are two separate peptides, but they are sometimes sold together.
Where to Buy CJC-1295 and Ipamorelin Online? | 2023 Guide
Researchers interested in working with CJC-1295 and Ipamorelin will note that Peptide Sciences is the best place to buy CJC-1295 and Ipamorelin online in 2023 and beyond. This vendor sells both products separately as well as several CJC-1295 Ipamorelin blends.
Our team recommends Peptide Sciences because they offer:
- Convenient payment options including credit cards, electronic payments like Apple Pay and some cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin
- Great customer service
- Fair prices and high-quality product;
- Quick and international shipping. They also waive shipping fees on US orders over $100.
Is CJC-1295 legal?
Absolutely. It’s not a controlled substance. Researchers are free to buy CJC-1295 online for their research and for use on research subjects.
Buy CJC-1295 from our #1 recommended vendor...
Bacteriostatic Water for Injection
To adhere to the highest standards, researchers must have the proper supplies on hand. This is especially pertinent when handling research peptides such as CJC-1295.
The correct methods of peptide reconstitution, injection, and storage call for certain essential items like sterile needles, alcohol wipes, and bacteriostatic water.
If the search for ancillary supplies is causing you stress and stalling your research, you are in luck! Peptides.org is here to reveal our top recommended supplier that is guaranteed to meet your research material demands.
This credible online retailer delivers all essential research supplies in handy kits to expedite your studies. Rather than spending time hunting for different products, you will receive the necessary materials in one convenient purchase from BacteriostaticWater.org.
The site’s starter research kit offers:
- Bacteriostatic Water (30mL) – 3x
- Insulin Syringes (0.5 cc/mL x 29g x ½) – 100x
- Alcohol Prep Pads – 200x
- Sterile Empty Glass Vial (10mL) – 1x
- Large Needles + Syringes Combo (3cc x 21g x 1) – 10x
Select the premium research kit for greater quantities:
- Bacteriostatic Water (30mL) – 5x
- Insulin Syringes (0.5 cc/mL x 29g x ½) – 200x
- Alcohol Prep Pads – 200x
- Sterile Empty Glass Vial (10mL) – 2x
- Large Needles + Syringes Combo (3cc x 21g x 1) – 20x
Advance your research with a superior toolkit from our number one source.
Buy Bacteriostatic Water from our #1 recommended vendor...
Ipamorelin and CJC-1295 | Verdict
Ipamorelin and CJC-1295 HGH peptide are two very powerful GH secretagogues. They cause the body to increase GH in the bloodstream and ultimately make that available to cells that can then grow and repair.
Research shows that test subjects administered these two peptides in conjunction have experienced significant increases in lean muscle mass and a reduction in body fat.
But Ipamorelin and CJC-1295 work in slightly different ways. And that’s a good thing: they actually complement each other and are capable of creating better outcomes than either one alone.
Researchers looking to conduct research with Ipamorelin and CJC-1295 are strongly advised to contact Peptide Sciences for more information.