Epithalon is a telomerase activator that has undergone extensive study for its ability to replicate human DNA to allow the body to grow new cells and revitalize old ones.
Due to rising interest in epithalon benefits, researchers around the world are increasingly examining this peptide.
To aid prospective anti-aging researchers, we have put together this guide to summarize the known benefits and side effects of epithalon based on the findings of studies and clinical trials to date.
Researchers interested in experimenting with epithalon may also find a complete overview of how this peptide has been dosed and cycled in past studies. We close by revealing our preferred vendor of research-grade epithalon and other peptides.
Buy Epithalon from the #1 online Peptides vendor in the world...
Disclaimer: Peptides.org contains information about products that are intended for laboratory and research use only, unless otherwise explicitly stated. This information, including any referenced scientific or clinical research, is made available for educational purposes only. Peptides.org makes every effort to ensure that any information it shares complies with national and international standards for clinical trial information and is committed to the timely disclosure of the design and results of all interventional clinical studies for innovative treatments publicly available or that may be made available. However, research is not considered conclusive. Peptides.org makes no claims that any products referenced can cure, treat or prevent any conditions, including any conditions referenced on its website or in print materials.
What is Epithalon?
Epithalon is a synthetic peptide composed of four amino acids (Ala-Glu-Asp-Gly), formally known as a “tetrapeptide.” It was developed in the 1980s by researchers at the St. Petersburg Institute of Bioregulation and Gerontology and has been shown to elongate telomeres in human somatic cells .
Due to epithalon’s proven ability to induce telomerase activity and suppress CCl11 and HMGB1 genes, with the effect of increasing the lifespan of human somatic cells, many researchers view it as an anti-aging compound .
As noted by Prof. Vladimir Khavinson, the scientist credited with discovering epithalon, the peptide “regulates the function of the pineal gland, the retina, and the brain” with the effect of extending the lifespan of test subjects .
Researchers interested in studying the benefits of epithalon may see it sold under a variety of other names including “epitalon,” “epithalone,” and “AEDG peptide,” the latter a reference to its amino acid sequence.
Epithalon is not approved for use by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and is not typically available by prescription in that country. However, licensed researchers in most countries including the USA may purchase epithalon for scientific or educational aims. In such cases, the peptide should be labeled as a “research chemical” or “reference material,” and not intended for human use.
Based on the findings of cell culture studies, animal studies in vitro, and human clinical trials conducted with epithalon, researchers believe that the peptide may provide a host of benefits in subjects, including in the areas of longevity and sleep.
Epithalon and longevity
Animal studies have shown that epithalon can increase longevity in animals and prolong the integrity of the eye retina in rats, while human clinical trials have found that epithalon offers anti-aging effects in elderly human test subjects [4, 5].
According to a long-term human study published in 2003, a research team observed that both thymalin and epithalamin, from which epithalon derives, offer “geoprotective effects” and may prolong human life, observing that both substances :
“Normalize the basic functions of the human organism, i.e. to improve the indices of cardiovascular, endocrine, immune and nervous systems, homeostasis and metabolism.”
The researchers observed a 1.6-1.8 fold decreased mortality rate in the epithalamin-treated group, as well as decreased rates of:
- Coronary artery disease
The researchers concluded that epithalamin may be beneficial for “health maintenance and age-related pathology prevention” in elderly subjects.
Epithalon and sleep enhancement
Epithalon has demonstrated an ability to enhance sleep in test subjects. For example, a 2007 study from Russia found that epithalon normalized the hormone circadian rhythm in elderly human subjects and modulated the functional state of the pineal gland. The authors stated that the peptide had the effect of increasing melatonin concentration in the test subjects, thus contributing to enhanced control of the sleep–wake cycle .
These same findings have been replicated in a sleep study involving elderly monkeys, who also exhibited a “significant increase in the night plasma melatonin” following administration of either epithalamin or epithalon. Notably, the researchers did not observe any change in melatonin levels in young monkeys who were given the same treatment .
Epithalon and cancer research
Epithalon has exhibited anti-cancer effects in both animal and human test subjects. For example, in a 2007 study by Vinogradova et al, the peptide was found to significantly inhibit the development of tumors in female rats exposed to a standard amount of natural light [3, 4].
In Russia, epithalon is clinically used to treat hormone-dependent tumors, as well as menopause-related symptoms and anovulatory infertility . However, according to the Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation (ADDF), the relevant epithalon research conducted to date has yet to be independently confirmed, and epithalon remains a research chemical outside of Russia .
Epithalon Side Effects
According to a three-year study of 39 coronary patients who had received regular courses of both epithalamin and basic therapy, researchers did not observe any adverse effects in the treatment group. On the contrary, the researchers noted significantly reduced mortality in the epithalamin treated group compared to patients treated with basic therapy alone .
This is consistent with Professor Khavinson’s long standing findings that epithalon increases lifespan through its anticarcinogenic and geroprotective actions .
Since epithalon is typically administered via subcutaneous injection, handlers should follow all standard precautions to reduce the incidence of injection-related side effects like redness, pain, itching, or swelling at the site of injection. Any injection-related adverse effects typically subside within one to three days following administration.
Epithalon Dosage Calculator and Guide
To the extent that epithalon is sold as a research chemical, there are no officially approved epithalon dosing guidelines.
Researchers are encouraged to follow standard peptide reconstitution guidelines when preparing epithalon for injection.
To correctly reconstitute and inject epithalon, researchers should have the following on hand:
- Vial of lyophilized epithalon
- Vial of bacteriostatic water
- Sterile syringes
- Alcohol wipes
Follow these steps to prepare epithalon for injection:
- Wipe the surfaces of the vial tops with alcohol swabs to avoid the incidence of contamination or infection.
- Insert a sterile syringe into the bacteriostatic water vial and withdraw the amount needed based on your dosing protocol.
- Slowly inject the bacteriostatic water into the epithalon vial, allowing it to trickle down the side and gradually dissolving the epithalon powder.
- Avoid shaking or stirring the vial, as this can affect the peptide’s integrity.
- Store any leftover solution in a refrigerator.
Sample Epithalon Dosing Protocol
Based on the work of Professor Khavinson and associated researchers, the International Peptide Society has published the following sample epithalon dosing protocol for anti-aging purposes (“the Russian Protocol”) :
- Daily Dosage: 10mg epithalon
- Frequency: Administer one to two subcutaneous injections daily. For twice-daily injections, administer once in the morning and once at night.
- Course Duration: 10 days
- Repeat Course: 2 times/year. Each course should be followed by a pause of at least four months.
- Notes: A single 100mg epithalon course under the Russian Protocol requires two 50mg epithalon vials.
Where to Buy Epithalon Online? | 2023 Guide
Based on our team’s experience, Peptide Sciences is the best place to buy research-grade epithalon online.
This vendor offers the fastest shipping times, lowest prices, and highest quality peptides in the industry.
Here is a breakdown of why we rate Peptide Sciences so highly.
- Lab-tested peptides: Peptide Sciences submits all of their peptides to an independent laboratory for quality testing and posts the results on their website. This lets researchers verify the quality and purity of the epithalon before deciding whether to place an order.
- Fair prices: At just $95 for a 20mg vial of epithalon and $215 for a 50mg vial, Peptide Sciences has some of the lowest epithalon prices of any vendor we have reviewed. Best of all, researchers who purchase in bulk will pay even less.
- Shipping promotions: Peptide Sciences reliably ships epithalon to U.S.-based researchers in just 2-3 days and orders over $200 ship free. Researchers based internationally will have to wait just 7-10 days to receive their order.
- Convenient payments: Researchers have a variety of secure payment options to choose from when they shop at Peptide Sciences. These include credit cards (via Mesh payments), FLEX payments, Apple Cash, Cash App, Zelle, electronic checks, and even cryptocurrencies like BTC and ETH.
- Customer service: Researchers wishing to ask questions or check on their orders can email the friendly customer service staff and receive a reply in 24-48 hours.
Given these benefits, it’s easy to see why Peptide Sciences is our preferred epithalon vendor.
Buy Epithalon from the #1 online Peptides vendor in the world...
Bacteriostatic Water for Injection
It is well-settled knowledge that every researcher must be fully stocked with the proper tools for experimentation. When it comes to handling peptides such as Epithalon, researchers need to have several items on hand, including sterile vials, insulin syringes, and bacteriostatic water.
These materials are indispensable to the processes of peptide reconstitution, injection, and storage. Yet, gathering the full set can present a challenge for many researchers.
To alleviate this concern, the experts at Peptides.org reviewed top online vendors of research materials to locate your best option.
Quickly and conveniently equip your lab with a comprehensive research kit from our favorite site. Ordering a sleek and efficient package from BacteriostaticWater.org is the best way to ensure that you are properly set up for peptide handling, minus the headache of hunting for specialty items from various retailers.
Get the essentials in the starter research kit, including:
- Bacteriostatic Water (30mL) – 3x
- Insulin Syringes (0.5 cc/mL x 29g x ½) – 100x
- Alcohol Prep Pads – 200x
- Sterile Empty Glass Vial (10mL) – 1x
- Large Needles + Syringes Combo (3cc x 21g x 1) – 10x
If you require more items, opt for the premium research kit, packed with:
- Bacteriostatic Water (30mL) – 5x
- Insulin Syringes (0.5 cc/mL x 29g x ½) – 200x
- Alcohol Prep Pads – 200x
- Sterile Empty Glass Vial (10mL) – 2x
- Large Needles + Syringes Combo (3cc x 21g x 1) – 20x
Save yourself the annoyance of shopping all over for your full toolkit and order a deluxe supply kit from this recommended source.
Buy Bacteriostatic Water from our #1 recommended vendor...
Epithalon Benefits | Verdict
In this guide to epithalon benefits, we have drawn on the relevant literature to provide anti-aging researchers with a useful starting point.
Based on the available evidence, epithalon has documented anti-aging effects in both animal and human test subjects, and additionally offers sleep-promoting and disease-fighting effects.
With its excellent safety profile and ease of administration, epithalon may be administered twice annually in two short courses for its geroprotective effects.
Any researcher looking to study the effects of epithalon is advised to visit Peptide Sciences to place an order.