Researchers interested in studying gonadorelin may be wondering if there is a gonadorelin dosage calculator that they can apply to their scientific studies.
Gonadorelin has been incorporated in experimental settings at various dosages depending on the research objective. This may make it difficult for researchers to establish an optimal dosage for their own experiments.
This comprehensive review offers guidance on the topic, with research to date having uncovered that gonadorelin may have important therapeutic uses like:
- Restoring testosterone synthesis after an anabolic-androgenic steroid cycle
- Treatment of tertiary hypogonadism
- Management of dysregulated menstrual cycles
Keep reading to discover the latest data on gonadorelin dosage and how it may be dosed depending on the research objective. We will also share information on our most trusted vendor for sourcing gonadorelin online as a reference material.
Buy Gonadorelin from our top-rated vendor...
Disclaimer: Peptides.org contains information about products that are intended for laboratory and research use only, unless otherwise explicitly stated. This information, including any referenced scientific or clinical research, is made available for educational purposes only. Likewise, any published information relative to the dosing and administration of reference materials is made available strictly for reference and shall not be construed to encourage the self-administration or any human use of said reference materials. Peptides.org makes every effort to ensure that any information it shares complies with national and international standards for clinical trial information and is committed to the timely disclosure of the design and results of all interventional clinical studies for innovative treatments publicly available or that may be made available. However, research is not considered conclusive. Peptides.org makes no claims that any products referenced can cure, treat or prevent any conditions, including any conditions referenced on its website or in print materials.
Gonadorelin Dosage Chart | Quick Breakdown
|100mcg||Once-daily subcutaneously||Do not administer during research for more than 1-3 consecutive days to avoid receptor desensitization. Consider repeating protocol after at least two weeks if serum LH and/or testosterone response is unsatisfactory.|
What is Gonadorelin?
Gonadorelin is a lab-made peptide with an identical structure and mechanisms as gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH).
GnRH is produced in the brain's hypothalamus and directs the pituitary gland to release the gonadotropic hormones (gonadotropins) called luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). LH and FSH play these important roles:
- In women, LH and FSH prompt the ovaries to produce estrogen and progesterone, which govern the menstrual cycle, ovulation, and fertility.
- In men, LH and FSH trigger testosterone production and support sperm generation.
Similar native GnRH, gonadorelin works to stimulate the pituitary gland to produce LH and FSH. When administered via subcutaneous injection, gonadorelin passes the blood-brain barrier (BBB) to stimulate the release of LH and FSH by the pituitary .
Based on information available at Drugs.com, gonadorelin was previously approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as gonadorelin acetate and gonadorelin hydrochloride (brand name Factrel) for diagnostic indications .
Factrel (gonadorelin) was specifically employed for evaluating the function of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal (HPG) axis. Yet, the medication was discontinued in the United States for commercial reasons unrelated to safety or efficacy.
The peptide is currently used in other countries to trigger ovulation in women suffering from dysregulated menstrual cycles as a consequence of hypothalamic problems. For example, it is available in Canada under the brand name Lutrelef .
Studies also indicate that gonadorelin can stimulate HPG axis function in men afflicted with tertiary hypogonadism or in men with a history of anabolic-androgenic steroid (AAS) use or testosterone replacement therapy (TRT). Gonadorelin can aid in stimulating pubertal development (when applied to adolescents), restoring testosterone synthesis, and treating infertility [4, 5, 6, 7].
Currently, gonadorelin is available in the United States strictly as a research peptide for experimental and educational purposes.
Benefits of Gonadorelin
Here are some of the most notable benefits of gonadorelin, with breakdowns of the research supporting each area of application.
Gonadorelin for Testosterone Synthesis
Studies reveal that gonadorelin may help stimulate the HPG axis when it’s suppressed, such as during or after the administration of anabolic-androgenic steroids (AAS) or testosterone replacement therapy (TRT). Here are some of the most notable publications in this regard:
- One trial, which included 13 individuals with a history of AAS use, 8 healthy men, and 5 hypogonadal subjects, reported that a single administration of 100mcg of gonadorelin (GnRH) resulted in a significant increase in LH levels in all groups. Five of the subjects with a history of AAS managed to achieve LH within the 5th percentile of normal reference controls. Overall, LH levels increased more than double in all treatment groups. Yet, the levels of the hormone remained the highest in the control group .
- A case study reported a male subject with a history of AAS use, testicular atrophy, extremely low levels of LH and FSH, and testosterone levels of 130ng/dl. The complaints persisted several months after AAS cessation but were successfully managed after gonadorelin therapy. The researchers administered three successive daily doses of 200mcg gonadorelin. Two hours after each treatment, levels of LH, FSH, and testosterone were measured and found to be within the lower end of the standard reference range. More specifically, the subject achieved 383ng/dL testosterone on the second day of the intervention. Additionally, the participant's plasma testosterone levels remained within the normal range throughout a 12-month follow-up period .
- Higher doses of gonadorelin (400mcg) administered repeatedly (daily) have been reported to lead to the opposite effect and decrease LH and testosterone levels in healthy male subjects. In a study involving 7 healthy men, researchers administered the peptide alongside TRT for 112 days, noting that the subjects experienced an early rise in LH and FSH, but the effect of gonadorelin diminished, reaching baseline by days 10-14 and then declining further until the end of the study. The research suggests that repeated gonadorelin administration at a dose of 400mcg/daily led to faster LH decline compared to a similar trial involving 200mcg/daily of gonadorelin alongside TRT .
Therefore, gonadorelin injections should be administered at doses of 100mcg and for no longer than three consecutive days in order to avoid desensitization of the GnRH receptors.
Gonadorelin for Menstrual Cycle Regulation
Gonadorelin has been used in the form of continuous pulse therapy for the management of conditions such as functional hypothalamic amenorrhea (FHA). In FHA, menstrual cycles cease due to a decrease in GnRH secretion from the hypothalamus, which subsequently leads to a reduction in the pituitary gland's release of LH and FSH, which are necessary for ovulation.
As a direct response to this, ovulation induction using pulsatile GnRH aims at mimicking the body's processes, thereby assisting women in achieving ovulation and conception.
One notable study with 66 patients involved a total of 212 ovulation induction attempts with a gonadorelin pump implanted subcutaneously, which releases 10mcg of the peptide every 90 minutes. Here are some of the most notable results from this trial :
- A staggering 96% ovulation rate was reported per gonadorelin cycle, with 75% of these cycles presenting mono-follicular ovulation. This indicates that a significant majority of the patients had successful ovulation induction.
- The study highlighted a live birth rate (LBR) of 65.9% per treatment, underlining its efficacy. The biochemical pregnancy rate (indicating early pregnancy before it's detectable by ultrasounds) was found to be 80.5% per treatment.
- The average birth weight of newborns from patients with FHA who underwent the treatment was found to be in line with that of the control group, indicating no adverse effects on the newborns' health.
Gonadorelin for Tertiary Hypogonadism Management
Gonadorelin has also been used successfully to restore testosterone synthesis and fertility in men with tertiary hypogonadism, which is a condition leading to low testosterone due to a lack of GnRH synthesis in the hypothalamus. Here are some of the most notable studies on the topic:
- A publication on two case studies has reported that gonadorelin is effective in restoring testosterone and fertility in tertiary hypogonadism. A portable gonadorelin pump was attached to deliver 5-20 micrograms of gonadorelin intravenously every 89 minutes to two male subjects. Spermatogenesis was observed after 42 and 78 days for the two patients, and they fathered children within 4.5 months of treatment .
- Another study aimed to compare the effects of a pulsatile gonadorelin pump (PGP) administering 10mcg every 90 min and cyclical gonadotropin therapy (using human chorionic gonadotropin and human menopausal gonadotropin) on the development of sperm cells in 28 men with tertiary hypogonadism and no sperm in their semen. The PGP group experienced spermatogenesis and normal T levels earlier than those on cyclical gonadotropin therapy, with median times of 6 months and 14 months, respectively .
Side Effects of Gonadorelin
Studies with gonadorelin as a post cycle therapy do not report any adverse events after a single administration at 100mcg .
Longer trials involving PGP therapy for hypogonadism also do not report any side effects except for an increased risk of skin allergic reactions, such as indurative erythema .
Yet, it is important to note that the increase in testosterone levels observed in hypogonadal subjects on PGP may lead to specific side effects such as facial acne and breast tenderness . These side effects are temporary and more common in patients taking the peptide for reinstating puberty.
Repeated administration of high gonadorelin doses can lead to reduced sensitivity of the GnRH receptors and a decline in the production of LH and FSH. This can lead to low testosterone and infertility in the long term .
Test subjects may also experience local adverse reactions related to subcutaneous injections, such as bleeding, pain, redness, swelling, and infection. These side effects are mild and self-limiting.
Gonadorelin Dosage Calculator
Researchers interested in experimenting with gonadorelin should dose the peptide according to the latest scientific evidence. Below is a detailed guide on how to dose gonadorelin for research in post cycle therapy.
How is Gonadorelin Administered?
Gonadorelin is a research peptide available as a lyophilized powder that must be reconstituted with a proper solvent before use. Once reconstituted, the peptide can be administered subcutaneously or intravenously. In addition, gonadorelin is also available for experiments as a nasal spray.
Here is a summary of the pros and cons of each method of administration:
- The subcutaneous route of administration is widely preferred for research peptides, including gonadorelin, as it is convenient, safe, and relatively painless.
- The intravenous route is commonly employed in gonadorelin trials. Yet, this form of injection is associated with an increased risk of complications and discomfort.
- The intranasal administration of gonadorelin is highly convenient but potentially less effective due to the reduced bioavailability of the peptide when administered as a nasal spray. Further, there is much less research regarding intranasal administration.
What Dose of Gonadorelin Should Be Administered to Test Subjects?
Gonadorelin is typically administered as post cycle therapy to restore fertility and testosterone levels in male subjects at doses of 100-200mcg. The dose is injected subcutaneously once a day [7, 8].
When Should Gonadorelin Be Administered?
Gonadorelin is best injected on an empty stomach, as meal consumption has been reported to result in a temporary peripheral suppression of testosterone synthesis, therefore reducing the effectiveness of gonadorelin and LH/FSH on the testes [10, 11].
How Often Should Gonadorelin Be Administered?
Research in subjects with a history of AAS use reveals that 100-200mcg gonadorelin injections are best administered not more frequently than once daily, subcutaneously .
Repeated dosing of the peptide at high doses may reduce the sensitivity of the GnRH and reduce the effectiveness of the native hormone, thereby suppressing the function of the HPG axis, including the testes .
In addition, the peptide can be applied in individuals with tertiary hypogonadism as a gonadorelin pump, which administers about 10mcg of the peptide every 90 minutes for prolonged periods of time.
As subjects with tertiary hypogonadism do not produce GnRH, and the peptide is applied at physiological doses, there is no risk of receptor desensitization in these patients. Studies suggest that gonadorelin can restore fertility in both male and female subjects with this disorder [3, 6].
Currently, there is a lack of research on the potential of microdosing gonadorelin, such as using it once or twice daily at physiological doses (5-20mcg per injection).
The effectiveness of this method may be limited compared to the use of gonadorelin pumps due to the short half-life of the peptide, which is just a few minutes .
Gonadorelin Cycle Length?
Gonadorelin is best administered as a single 100mcg injection, and the peptide should not be administered continuously. Some studies also report good results from PCT with gonadorelin with doses of up to 200mcg, administered for up to three days .
Researchers should monitor subjects' LH and FSH levels and potentially re-administer the peptide after at least several weeks. Unfortunately, there is a lack of research on the most optimal time frame to re-administer the peptide for PCT research.
Sample Gonadorelin Dosing Protocol
Here is a sample dosing protocol for gonadorelin in PCT research based on the available evidence:
- Dosage: 100mcg of gonadorelin acetate.
- Administration: Administer via subcutaneous injection as a single dose following termination of exposure to testosterone or anabolic-androgenic steroids.
- Notes: It is advised not to exceed a one-time dose of 200mcg, as a higher amount can cause side effects. Avoid continuous use for longer than three days or higher doses as it may result in suppression of LH and testosterone synthesis.
For detailed guidance on how to administer gonadorelin intranasally, make sure to consult our comprehensive review of gonadorelin nasal spray.
Bacteriostatic Water and Gonadorelin
Gonadorelin is often sold as a lyophilized powder for research and needs reconstituting before use in research.
It's advisable to use a solvent with a non-toxic preservative, such as bacteriostatic water, containing 0.9% benzyl alcohol. This solvent can enhance the peptide's shelf-life to four weeks when refrigerated at 2 to 8°C (36 to 46°F) .
Where to Buy Gonadorelin Online? | 2024 Edition
Though many online sources offer gonadorelin, it's essential for researchers to vet vendors diligently before making a peptide purchase.
Our team has evaluated numerous online peptide suppliers, pinpointing one that provides a top-notch selection, high purity, and competitive prices.
We recommend Core Peptides for the following reasons:
- 99% Purity Guaranteed: They ensure 99% pure gonadorelin, making them a trusted choice for researchers around the world. For unmatched quality and accurate chemical identification, every product undergoes independent lab tests.
- Cost-Effective Options: A 10mg vial of gonadorelin is priced at $85. Further, purchasing 5-8 or 9+ vials can save researchers 5% and 10%, respectively.
- Exceptional Customer Support: Their proactive customer service team can be reached via email, ensuring quick issue resolution. Mistaken orders are rectified at no extra charge.
- Swift Delivery: Orders above $200 within the US get free shipping, with most deliveries completed in under three days. Otherwise, a low flat fee applies.
For researchers in pursuit of superior gonadorelin, Core Peptides stands out as an industry leader.
Buy research peptides from Core Peptides today...
Gonadorelin Dosing Guide | Verdict
Gonadorelin is a synthetic version of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone that boasts a diverse range of applications.
It has been clinically researched and shown effective in maintaining ovarian health, boosting fertility in men and women, amplifying testosterone levels temporarily, and even reactivating sex hormone production after AAS or TRT use.
Clinical evidence confirms its safety when used in the short term and at correct doses. For researchers aiming to stimulate sex hormone production in suppressed subjects, a typical gonadorelin dosage is 100mcg in a single shot.
For research-grade gonadorelin and related peptides, we highly recommend visiting our top-rated vendor.