Curios about semorlerin's side effects?
Then you're in luck! Inside, we break down what researchers must know about this potent peptide.
This detailed guide will break down exactly what researchers need to know about sermorelin’s safety profile and the risks involved in administering this peptide to test subjects.
Below, researchers will find a comprehensive overview of…
- Sermorelin’s benefits
- The side effects it causes
- What researchers need to know before investigating this peptide
Buy Sermorelin from the #1 online Peptides vendor in the world...
Disclaimer: Peptides.org contains information about products that are intended for laboratory and research use only, unless otherwise explicitly stated. This information, including any referenced scientific or clinical research, is made available for educational purposes only. Peptides.org makes every effort to ensure that any information it shares complies with national and international standards for clinical trial information and is committed to the timely disclosure of the design and results of all interventional clinical studies for innovative treatments publicly available or that may be made available. However, research is not considered conclusive. Peptides.org makes no claims that any products referenced can cure, treat or prevent any conditions, including any conditions referenced on its website or in print materials.
What is Sermorelin?
Sermorelin is essentially a “fragment” of a growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH), a naturally occurring hormone produced in the hypothalamus. The main role of GHRH is to stimulate the pituitary gland to produce and release more growth hormone (GH) into the bloodstream .
As sermorelin is simply a fragment of GHRH, it’s classified as a type of peptide known as a polypeptide. It comprises a long, continuous, unbranched chain of the first 29 amino acids found in GHRH. What makes sermorelin unique is that it functions identically to endogenous GHRH despite containing only the first 29 of its 44 amino acids .
Sermorelin can be administered intravenously or subcutaneously and mimics endogenous GHRH. It binds to the GHRH receptor and stimulates the production and release of GH .
Sermorelin received FDA approval in 1997 and was sold under the brand name “Geref” as a diagnostic tool for identifying idiopathic growth hormone deficiency (GHD) in children . The drug’s FDA approval was withdrawn in 2008 for reasons other than safety and efficacy and its production for medical use is currently discontinued .
P.S: Learn more about Sermorelin vs. Ipamorelin.
Benefits of Sermorelin
In terms of sermorelin benefits, this peptide offers the following research-backed benefits:
- Increased HGH production and secretion: Sermorelin’s main benefit is that it can increase the production and release of HGH in the body. This has been confirmed in animal studies involving rainbow trout , and human studies involving children and adults .
- Diagnostic test for idiopathic GHD in children: Although sermorelin is no longer FDA approved for this purpose, its main indicated use was to diagnose idiopathic growth hormone deficiency (GHD) in children . Research showed that sermorelin could trigger a rapid hormone response when administered at a dose of 1 mcg/kg of body weight.
- Treatment of GHD in children and adults: Studies have shown that sermorelin can promote growth in children with GHD when administered at 30 mcg/kg body weight per day .
- Better safety profile than HGH: Sermorelin has yet to be compared directly with direct HGH (somatropin) in human clinical trials, but the available research data suggests that sermorelin has a better safety profile than somatropin when administered at the same dose (30 mcg/kg body weight per day) .
- Potential treatment for male hypogonadism: Sermorelin has been identified as a potential therapy for “some of the symptoms of hypogonadism” . The clinical efficacy of sermorelin for this purpose remains lacking.
- Purported anti-aging benefits: Studies into growth hormone-releasing hormone agonists (GHRH‐As) that are similar to sermorelin have shown that GHRH-As can reduce “myocardial infarct scarring” in swine . This study has led to speculation that sermorelin may offer anti-aging benefits in humans; however, this has yet to be tested in clinical trials.
- Purported performance-enhancing benefits: In 2004, sermorelin was banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) from sports . This led to speculation that it may enhance athletic performance. While a WADA-funded study did find that growth hormone supplementation “increased muscle mass and sprint capacity” in a group of recreational athletes , no studies involving sermorelin have yet been conducted.
These sermorelin benefits notwithstanding, it should also be noted that under no circumstances do we encourage the self-administration of research peptides like sermorelin for recreational purposes.
Taken together, all of the above research indicates that sermorelin offers numerous opportunities for further research.
Buy Sermorelin from our #1 recommended vendor...
Sermorelin Side Effects | What Researchers MUST Know
Before conducting research with sermorelin, researchers should have a full understanding of the possible side effects that participants may encounter. Unfortunately, as sermorelin’s FDA approval was withdrawn in 2008 (for reasons other than safety and efficacy), there is very limited clinical trial data to indicate what long-term effects this peptide may produce.
A review of sermorelin’s use in the diagnosis and treatment of children with GHD concluded that “once daily subcutaneous doses of sermorelin are well tolerated” .
The most commonly reported adverse effects were:
- Transient facial flushing, and
- Pain at injection site.
According to Drugs.com, the most common sermorelin side effects are :
- Facial flushing
- Redness, or swelling at injection site
- Strange taste in mouth
Research participants who experience any of the following severe allergic reactions should seek medical attention immediately:
- Difficulty breathing
- Tightness in the chest
- Swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue
Sermorelin’s long-term safety remains largely unstudied. As researchers have noted, sermorelin presents “opportunities for future investigation” .
Sermorelin and Cancer?
There has been some discussion about the link between peptide use and increased risk of cancer. First, let’s be clear that there is currently no research linking sermorelin use to any form of cancer.
The use of other hormones is associated with an increased risk of some cancers. For example, there is evidence that long-term estrogen-only replacement therapy is linked to an increased risk of ovarian cancer .
In the case of sermorelin, no link to cancer has been established, despite this drug being around since the early 1980s. In part, this may be due to the lack of long-term clinical trials involving sermorelin. The data regarding sermorelin’s use in promoting growth in some prepubertal children with idiopathic growth hormone deficiency is extremely limited .
Another reason for the lack of data is that sermorelin’s main indicated use was as a provocative test of growth hormone deficiency when given as a single intravenous dose, not as a long-term therapeutic agent .
Where to Buy Sermorelin Online? | 2023 Guide
Unlike some other peptides, sermorelin is available as a reference material to interested researchers. It can be legally purchased online for research purposes.
That being said, researchers need to do due diligence when considering the best place to buy sermorelin online. Many companies offering peptides for purchase online carry products of questionable quality and finding a reliable supplier isn’t always straightforward.
After extensive research, our team has identified Peptide Sciences as a trustworthy sermorelin vendor. They offer high-quality products at reasonable prices and are an overall reputable company. Peptide Sciences has:
- High-quality products: They offer sermorelin at 99% purity, and provide a certificate of lab analysis that’s easily accessible on their website.
- Fast and convenient shipping: Shipping to the US takes about 2 to 3 days while international orders take 7 to 10 days.
- Excellent customer service: Peptide Sciences’ staff are competent and helpful and reply to all emails within 48 hours.
- Easy payment options: Peptide Sciences uses a secure payment system and accepts all major credit cards, as well as most cryptocurrencies.
- 30-Day money-back guarantee: Peptide Sciences offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on all orders.
Given those benefits, it’s easy to see why Peptide Sciences is our preferred vendor. Researchers interested in working with sermorelin are advised to contact Peptide Sciences for further details.
Buy Sermorelin from our #1 recommended vendor...
Bacteriostatic Water for Injection
Experienced researchers agree that there is nothing like a lack of supplies to severely limit your experiments. Especially when it comes to handling Sermorelin and other peptides, the correct tools are fundamental to proper preparation, storage, and injection.
What are these fundamental materials? Bacteriostatic water, sterile vials, and insulin syringes are just a few of the requisite items for peptide research.
If you, like any researchers, are unsure of where to source these materials, you have come to the right place. The Peptides.org team has reviewed top providers to give you our best recommendation for purchasing essential research supplies.
This site outshines the competition with its superior selection of all-inclusive research kits packed with all the must-have items for peptide injections. The sleek packages from BacteriostaticWater.org save clients the hassle of scouring the web for the full range of products. Each of the two available kits provides the standard set of tools for proper research practices.
The site offers a starter research kit, containing:
- Bacteriostatic Water (30mL) – 3x
- Insulin Syringes (0.5 cc/mL x 29g x ½) – 100x
- Alcohol Prep Pads – 200x
- Sterile Empty Glass Vial (10mL) – 1x
- Large Needles + Syringes Combo (3cc x 21g x 1) – 10x
It also features a premium research kit, comprising:
- Bacteriostatic Water (30mL) – 5x
- Insulin Syringes (0.5 cc/mL x 29g x ½) – 200x
- Alcohol Prep Pads – 200x
- Sterile Empty Glass Vial (10mL) – 2x
- Large Needles + Syringes Combo (3cc x 21g x 1) – 20x
Qualified researchers are guaranteed to enjoy the quality offerings from this esteemed retailer that tops our list.
Buy Bacteriostatic Water from our #1 recommended vendor...
Side Effects of Sermorelin? | Verdict
What's the verdict on sermorelin use and side effects?
Overall, sermorelin is a discontinued research peptide with limited clinical data regarding its long-term safety and side effects.
The limited data available indicates that it was well-tolerated as a diagnostics test for GHD in children and had a better safety profile than somatropin.
Sermorelin presents interested researchers with a number of potentially fruitful research opportunities, especially with regards to treating symptoms of hypogonadism in males.
Researchers interested in working with sermorelin are advised to contact Peptide Sciences for further details.