Curious about potential sermorelin side effects
Then you’ve come to just the right place.
In this detailed guide, we'll break down exactly what you need to know about sermorelin’s safety profile and the risks involved in administering this peptide.
We will also cover what sermorelin is, sermorelin benefits, and the best place to purchase some online.
Buy Sermorelin from the #1 online Peptides vendor in the world: Peptides Sciences
Disclaimer: ResearchPeptides.org contains information about products that are intended for laboratory and research use only, unless otherwise explicitly stated. This information, including any referenced scientific or clinical research, is made available for educational purposes only. ResearchPeptides.org makes every effort to ensure that any information it shares complies with national and international standards for clinical trial information and is committed to the timely disclosure of the design and results of all interventional clinical studies for innovative treatments publicly available or that may be made available. However, research is not considered conclusive. ResearchPeptides.org makes no claims that any products referenced can cure, treat or prevent any conditions, including any conditions referenced on its website or in print materials.
What is Sermorelin?
Sermorelin is essentially a “fragment” of a growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH), a naturally occurring hormone produced in the hypothalamus. The main role of GHRH is to stimulate the pituitary gland to produce and release more growth hormone (GH) into the bloodstream .
As sermorelin is simply a fragment of GHRH, it’s classified as a type of peptide known as a polypeptide. In fact, it comprises a long, continuous, unbranched chain of the first 29 amino acids found in GHRH. What makes sermorelin unique is that it functions identically to endogenous GHRH despite containing only the first 29 of its 44 amino acids .
Sermorelin can be administered intravenously or subcutaneously, and mimics endogenous GHRH. It binds to the GHRH receptor and stimulates the production and release of GH .
Sermolin received FDA approval in 1997 and was sold under the brand name “Geref” as a diagnostic tool for identifying idiopathic growth hormone deficiency (GHD) in children . The drug’s FDA approval was withdrawn in 2008 for reasons other than safety and efficacy and its production for medical use is currently discontinued .
Benefits of Sermorelin
In terms of sermorelin benefits, this peptide offers the following research-backed benefits:
- Increased HGH production and secretion: Sermorelin’s main benefit is that it can increase the production and release of HGH in the body. This has been confirmed in animal studies involving rainbow trout , and human studies involving children and adults .
- Diagnostic test for idiopathic GHD in children: Although sermorelin is no longer FDA approved for this purpose, its main indicated use was to diagnose idiopathic growth hormone deficiency (GHD) in children . Research showed that sermorelin could trigger a rapid hormone response when administered at a dose of 1 mcg/kg of body weight.
- Treatment of GHD in children and adults: Studies have shown that sermorelin can promote growth in children with GHD when administered at 30 mcg/kg body weight per day .
- Better safety profile than HGH: Sermorelin has yet to be compared directly with direct HGH (somatropin) in human clinical trials, but the available research data suggests that sermorelin has a better safety profile than somatropin when administered at the same dose (30 mcg/kg body weight per day) .
- Potential treatment for male hypogonadism: Sermorelin has been identified as a potential therapy for “some of the symptoms of hypogonadism” . The clinical efficacy of sermorelin for this purpose remains lacking.
- Purported anti-aging benefits: Studies into growth hormone-releasing hormone agonists (GHRH‐As) that are similar to sermorelin, have shown that GHRH-As can reduce “myocardial infarct scarring” in swine . This study has led to speculation that sermorelin may offer anti-aging benefits in humans; however, this has yet to be tested in clinical trials.
- Purported performance-enhancing benefits: In 2004, sermorelin was banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) from sports . This led to speculation that it may enhance athletic performance. While a WADA-funded study did find that growth hormone supplementation “increased muscle mass and sprint capacity” in a group of recreational athletes , no studies involving sermorelin have yet been conducted.
These sermorelin benefits notwithstanding, it should also be noted that under no circumstances do we encourage the self-administration of research peptides like sermorelin for recreational purposes.
Taken together, all of the above research indicates that sermorelin offers numerous opportunities for further research.
Buy Sermorelin from our #1 recommended vendor...
Sermorelin Side Effects | What You MUST Know
Before conducting research with sermorelin, researchers should have a full understanding of the possible side effects that participants may encounter. Unfortunately, as sermorelin’s FDA approval was withdrawn in 2008 (for reasons other than safety and efficacy), very limited data from clinical trials exists to suggest what long-term effects this peptide may produce.
A review of sermorelin’s use in the diagnosis and treatment of children with GHD concluded that “once daily subcutaneous doses of sermorelin are well tolerated” .
The most commonly reported adverse effects were:
- Transient facial flushing;
- Pain at injection site.
According to Drugs.com, the most common sermorelin side effects are :
- Facial flushing
- Redness, or swelling at injection site
- Strange taste in mouth
Research participants who experience any of the following severe allergic reactions should seek medical attention immediately:
- Difficulty breathing
- Tightness in the chest
- Swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue
Sermorelin’s long-term safety remains largely unstudied. As researchers have noted, sermorelin presents “opportunities for future investigation” .
Sermorelin and Cancer?
There has been some discussion about the link between peptide use and increased risk of cancer. First, let’s be clear that there is currently no research that links sermorelin use to any form of cancer.
The use of other hormones is associated with an increased risk of some cancers. For example, there is evidence that long-term estrogen-only replacement therapy is linked to an increased risk of ovarian cancer . In the case of sermorelin, no link to cancer has been established, despite this drug being around since the early 1980s.
In part this may be due to the lack of long-term clinical trials involving sermorelin. The data regarding sermorelin’s use in promoting growth in some prepubertal children with idiopathic growth hormone deficiency is extremely limited .
Another reason for the lack of data is that sermorelin’s main indicated use was as a provocative test of growth hormone deficiency when given as a single intravenous dose, not as a long-term therapeutic agent .
Where to Buy Sermorelin Online? | 2021 Guide
Unlike some other peptides, sermorelin is available as a reference material to interested researchers. It can be legally purchased online for research purposes.
That being said, it is important to do your research when considering the best place to buy sermorelin online. Many companies offering peptides for purchase online carry products of questionable quality.
After extensive research of our own, Peptide Sciences is by far our favorite vendor. They offer high-quality products at reasonable prices and are an overall reputable company. Peptide Sciences has:
- High-quality products: They offer sermorelin at 99% purity, and provide a certificate of lab analysis that’s easily accessible on their website.
- Fast and convenient shipping: If you’re in the US, shipping takes about 2 to 3 days. If you’re ordering internationally, shipping times are around 7 to 10 days.
- Excellent customer service: If you have any questions or issues with your order, it’s very easy to get a hold of an actual person. Peptide Sciences’ staff are competent and helpful.
- Easy payment options: Peptide Sciences uses a secure payment system and accepts all major credit cards, as well as some forms of cryptocurrency.
- 30-Day money-back guarantee: Peptide Sciences offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on all orders.
Buy Sermorelin from our #1 recommended vendor...
Side Effects of Sermorelin? | Verdict
What's the verdict on sermorelin usage and side effects?
Overall, sermorelin is a discontinued research peptide with limited clinical data regarding its long-term safety and side effects.
The limited data available indicates that it was well-tolerated as a diagnostics test for GHD in children and had a better safety profile than somatropin.
Sermorelin presents interested researchers with a number of potentially fruitful research opportunities, especially with regards to treating symptoms of hypogonadism in males.