Peptide researchers curious about tesamorelin side effects will be pleased to know that this reference material is generally considered to be safe and well-tolerated.
But there are still a whole host of safety concerns that researchers could consider before administering this peptide to test subjects.
This guide will outline all known tesamorelin side effects and explain what this peptide is, the benefits it offers, and which side effects researchers should be aware of when conducting experiments or trials.
As a bonus, researchers will also find a complete guide to our preferred tesamorelin vendor at the end of this guide.
Buy Tesamorelin from the #1 online Peptides vendor in the world...
Disclaimer: Peptides.org contains information about products that are intended for laboratory and research use only, unless otherwise explicitly stated. This information, including any referenced scientific or clinical research, is made available for educational purposes only. Peptides.org makes every effort to ensure that any information it shares complies with national and international standards for clinical trial information and is committed to the timely disclosure of the design and results of all interventional clinical studies for innovative treatments publicly available or that may be made available. However, research is not considered conclusive. Peptides.org makes no claims that any products referenced can cure, treat or prevent any conditions, including any conditions referenced on its website or in print materials.
What is Tesamorelin?
Tesamorelin peptide is a synthetic compound made up of a sequence of amino acids . There are thousands of peptides in the body and they work together as chemical signals to regulate various functions .
Tesamorelin has a structure that is virtually identical to one of the body's natural peptide hormones called growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH) . GHRH has one specific function: helping to upregulate human growth hormone (HGH).
What is HGH?
HGH is a hormone that is essential to all tissue growth and repair processes that happen throughout the body. It is involved in everything: building muscle, bone growth, replacing collagen in the skin, even healing wounds, and more .
But HGH levels in the body naturally decline with age .
Research has found that exogenous HGH therapy can have a number of positive benefits like helping increase lean muscle mass and decrease body fat in test subjects . But there are significant downsides to supplementing HGH directly; it has been linked to serious side effects .
Tesamorelin HGH Supplementation
Researchers have found that it is much safer to increase HGH levels in the body indirectly by using peptides that cause the body to produce and secrete more of its own, natural HGH. Tesamorelin can do just that.
Tesamorelin, since it looks like GHRH, can bind to the same receptors that GHRH does. When it binds to receptors in the pituitary gland, which is responsible for synthesizing and secreting HGH, it signals the gland to produce more HGH.
The primary effect of tesamorelin is to increase levels of HGH in the body. But what about its other benefits? We’ll explore those in the following section.
Research has linked tesamorelin to numerous benefits.
But there are several other benefits of tesamorelin that occur indirectly as a result of raising blood HGH levels.
These benefits of Tesamorelin HGH include:
- Burning fat [3, 10, 11]
- Increasing lean muscle (many researchers are studying tesamorelin for bodybuilding) .
- Improving cognition [13, 14, 15].
- Repairing nerve damage .
- Reducing the risk of Cardiac disease [11, 17].
Is Tesamorelin legal?
It offers many benefits, but is tesamorelin legal?
Yes. It was approved by the FDA as a prescription medication for people with lipodystrophy. But it's also legal for researchers to buy tesamorelin online for research purposes.
Tesamorelin Side Effects | What Researchers MUST Know
Now to the core of this article: Tesamorelin side effects.
Tesamorelin is safe for most test subjects
Research has shown that tesamorelin is generally considered safe and well-tolerated when administered to test subjects. Virtually all research conducted on tesamorelin peptide has concluded that it's safe and produces no serious side effects [3, 11, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22].
But some side effects can occur, so let's take a look.
Tesamorelin side effects
Research has linked tesamorelin to some side effects. From the most common to the least common, they include :
- Injection site reactions, like pruritus, rash, pain, and swelling (3.1%)
- Arthralgia (2.4%)
- Pain in the extremities (1.1%)
- Myalgia (1.1%)
- Peripheral edema (1.1%)
- Paresthesia (0.9%)
- Hypoesthesia (0.7%)
- Rash (0.7%)
- Dysepsia (0.3%)
- Muscle pain (0.3%)
- Pruritus (0.3%)
- Vomiting (0.3%)
- Muscle stiffness (0.3%)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (0.2%)
- Joint swelling (0.2%)
- Night sweats (0.2%)
- Palpitations (0.2%)
Use in specific populations
In addition to the adverse effects listed above, researchers must be extra cautious when administering tesamorelin to test subjects in the following populations:
- Individuals with hypothalamic-pituitary axis issues. Tesamorelin works on the body through the pituitary gland, so it should not be administered to test subjects with disorders that disrupt that system. This includes test subjects with hypophysectomy, hypopituitarism, pituitary tumor/surgery, head irradiation, or even head trauma .
- Individuals with active malignancy. Test subjects with existing cancer tumors should be excluded from experiments or trials involving tesamorelin.
- Pregnant women. Tesamorelin should not be administered to pregnant test subjects. There is some concern that burning visceral adipose tissue in the belly could cause harm to the fetus .
- Children. The safety and effectiveness of tesamorelin for use in children hasn't been established, so it should not be administered to test subjects from this population .
Researchers should also keep in mind that the safety of tesamorelin has not been studied in older adults and seniors, or individuals with kidney or liver impairments. Test subjects in these groups should be screened for the above-cited issues before being included in experiments or studies involving tesamorelin.
Tesamorelin and Cancer?
There is currently no evidence linking tesamorelin use to any form of cancer.
However, there is a concern (as with all substances that increase HGH) that tesamorelin could increase the speed of the growth of malignant tumors if those tumors already exist . This is because HGH speeds up tissue growth—including cancerous tissue growth.
For that reason, tesamorelin should not be used by test subjects that suffer from an active malignancy. Individuals with a history of malignant tissues should be excluded from any experiments or studies involving tesamorelin.
Tesamorelin, Glucose Intolerance, and Diabetes
One further caution is warranted for test subjects with glucose or insulin sensitivities, including those with diabetes or prediabetes.
For that reason, test subjects with glucose intolerance should not participate in tesamorelin research.
Where to Buy Tesamorelin Online? | 2023 Guide
In our team’s opinion, the best place for researchers to buy tesamorelin online is Peptide Sciences.
We have been dealing with Peptide Sciences for years and they’ve earned our trust as a reliable, honest vendor. They ship research-grade tesamorelin within a reasonable time frame and charge reasonable prices.
In our experience, Peptide Sciences offers:
- High-quality products. They get regular laboratory analyses conducted on their peptides and post them right on the website where researchers can evaluate the purity of the product before making a purchase.
- Convenient payment options. There are several options for payment, including most major credit cards and various forms of cyber currency. Their payment system is encrypted so researchers will feel comfortable that their information will not be stolen.
- Fast shipping. Peptide Sciences is an American company, so US-based researchers should receive their orders within 2-3 days. For researchers based overseas, it could take up to 10 days to receive an order, but that's still quite fast. All US orders over $100 ship free.
- Great customer service. Honestly, we love that you can reach Peptide Sciences if you have an issue. In our experience, they're quick to offer refunds or reships any time there is an issue with the product or an order. This gives researchers peace of mind that they will actually get what you paid for.
Peptide Sciences is our number 1 recommendation for a reliable tesamorelin vendor and we strongly encourage researchers to contact them for the best deals.
Buy Tesamorelin from our #1 recommended vendor...
Bacteriostatic Water for Injection
Qualified researchers must adhere to the standard methods of peptide reconstitution, injection, and storage. This applies toTesamorelin and all other research peptides.
To successfully comply with the correct measures, researchers need a full set of specialty supplies, including sterile vials, bacteriostatic water, and insulin syringes.
Sourcing the entire series of requisite materials may be a challenge, demanding hours of searching for reputable distributors who might not even carry all the products.
The Peptides.org team recognized this setback that many researchers face and set out to find an easy solution. We explored the web to find one top provider of all essential research materials.
This is our top-recommended supplier due to its selection of all-inclusive research kits. When ordering a convenient package from BacteriostaticWater.org, clients receive all they need without the hassle of shopping far and wide for lab materials.
If you select the starter research kit, you will receive:
- Bacteriostatic Water (30mL) – 3x
- Insulin Syringes (0.5 cc/mL x 29g x ½) – 100x
- Alcohol Prep Pads – 200x
- Sterile Empty Glass Vial (10mL) – 1x
- Large Needles + Syringes Combo (3cc x 21g x 1) – 10x
If you prefer greater quantities, go for the premium research kit, furnished with:
- Bacteriostatic Water (30mL) – 5x
- Insulin Syringes (0.5 cc/mL x 29g x ½) – 200x
- Alcohol Prep Pads – 200x
- Sterile Empty Glass Vial (10mL) – 2x
- Large Needles + Syringes Combo (3cc x 21g x 1) – 20x
Ease your research process with a convenient supply kit from our preferred vendor.
Buy Bacteriostatic Water from our #1 recommended vendor...
Side Effects of Tesamorelin? | Verdict
Researchers interested in experimenting with tesamorelin will be encouraged to know that this reference material can be safely administered to test subjects. This guide has highlighted certain populations who must be screened from tesamorelin research, including:
- Individuals with hypothalamus or pituitary gland issues
- Individuals with a malignant tumor
- Pregnant women
Is tesamorelin safe?
Yes. Virtually all research involving tesamorelin has shown that this peptide is safe for most test subjects. The most common tesamorelin side effects affect less than three percent of test subjects.
Researchers keen on pursuing tesamorelin research are advised to contact Research Peptides.