Curious about Epithalon side effects?
Then you're in the right place! This guide has you covered.
Surging interest in the anti-aging effects of epithalon has led the peptide community to delve deeper into potential epithalon side effects.
To aid prospective researchers, we have created this guide to epithalon side effects to summarize the main research findings related to this peptide.
Below, we have also included a discussion of epithalon’s demonstrated and purported uses and benefits, as well our recommendation of the best place to buy this research peptide online.
Buy Epithalon from the #1 online Peptides vendor in the world...
Disclaimer: Peptides.org contains information about products that are intended for laboratory and research use only, unless otherwise explicitly stated. This information, including any referenced scientific or clinical research, is made available for educational purposes only. Peptides.org makes every effort to ensure that any information it shares complies with national and international standards for clinical trial information and is committed to the timely disclosure of the design and results of all interventional clinical studies for innovative treatments publicly available or that may be made available. However, research is not considered conclusive. Peptides.org makes no claims that any products referenced can cure, treat or prevent any conditions, including any conditions referenced on its website or in print materials.
What is Epithalon?
Developed in the 1980s by researchers at the St. Petersburg Institute of Bioregulation and Gerontology, epithalon is a synthetic tetrapeptide (a sequence of four amino acids) that has been shown to induce telomerase activity and telomere elongation in human somatic cells .
It has also been shown to suppress CCl11 and HMGB1 genes, which are markers associated with aging and neurological, cardiovascular, and immune diseases .
Epithalon is known by a variety of names including epitalon, tetrapeptide epitalon, and epithalone. It is also sometimes referred to by its amino acid sequence “AEDG peptide,” which stands for “Ala-Glu-Asp-Gly” .
Benefits of Epithalon
In Russia, epithalon is approved to treat menopause-related symptoms, anovulatory infertility, and hormone-dependent tumors .
However, as noted by the Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation (ADDF), virtually all trials involving epithalon have been conducted in Russia and have yet to be independently confirmed .
Outside of Russia, epithalon is available to licensed researchers as a reference material and is not intended for human use.
Below is our summary of the findings of past studies showing the biological effects of epithalon when administered to test subjects.
Epithalon and Longevity
Epithalon’s main effect is to induce telomerase activity and elongate telomeres in human somatic cells. A 2003 study by Khavinson et al. found that epithalon had this effect when introduced to telomerase-negative human fetal fibroblast culture. These findings indicate that epithalon may prolong the lifespan of organisms or cell populations, and of humans by extension .
Further according to Professor Khavinson, epithalamin “augments the in vitro outgrowth of explants from the pineal gland but not from other tissues” and has been found to offer the following anti-aging and longevity benefits [6, 7]:
- Increases melatonin production in rat pineal glands
- Improves immunological parameters in animals (rats and mice)
- Exhibits anticarcinogenic effects in various experimental models
- Stimulates antioxidant defenses
- Restores reproductive function in old rats
There is clear evidence from clinical trials that the peptide increases the lifespan of animals (namely rats, mice, and fruit flies), and exhibits geroprotective activity in humans.
Epithalon and Sleep Enhancement
Epithalon regulates the function of the pineal gland, the retina, and the brain, and may thus enhance sleep .
Research involving elderly test subjects has shown that epithalon can normalize the hormone circadian rhythm and improve the quality and duration of sleep. For example, a 2007 study published in the Russian language by Korkushko et al. found that epithalon can, when administered to both elderly monkeys and people, modulate the functional state of the pineal gland, which secretes melatonin to control the circadian cycle and wakefulness .
Epithalon’s Disease-fighting, Anti-cancer, and Antioxidant Effects
There is strong research interest in epithalon’s disease-fighting, anti-cancer, and antioxidant effects, namely in its ability to decrease experimental cancerogenesis and increase longevity in animals .
A 2007 study investigated the effects of epithalon on the lifespan and development of spontaneous tumors in female rats exposed to natural and constant illumination. Researchers found that epithalon “significantly inhibited” the development of tumors in rats exposed to natural light .
Epithalon has also demonstrated several disease-fighting benefits in human participants. A 2003 prospective cohort study by Khavinson and Morozov found that epithalon had the following effects when administered to a sample of 266 adults over the age of 60 :
- Decreased incidence of ischemic heart disease
- Decreased incidence of hypertension disease
- Lowered rates of deforming osteoarthritis and osteoporosis
More recently, a 2020 study by Khavinson et al. involving human stem cells found that epithalon can “epigenetically regulate neuronal differentiation gene expression and protein synthesis” .
Epithalon Side Effects | What Researchers MUST Know
One of the most instructive pieces of research regarding epithalon side effects is a 2011 paper that presented the results of a randomized comparative study involving epithalamin (epithalon is a synthetic derivative of epithalamin) .
Researchers conducted a 15-year follow-up with 39 coronary patients that had received regular courses of epithalamin and basic therapy and compared them with a control group of 40 coronary patients that had received the therapy alone.
The researchers noted that compared with the control group, the epithalamin-treated patients exhibited :
- Decelerated aging of the cardiovascular system
- Decreased rate of cardiovascular mortality and cardiovascular failure (-50%)
- Less age-associated impairment of physical endurance
- Normalized circadian rhythm for melatonin production
- Normalized circadian rhythm for lipid (fats) and carbohydrate metabolism
- Lower rate of mortality (-28%)
The follow-up study on long-term epithalamin treatment represents strong evidence of eptithalon’s favorable safety profile and relative absence of notable epithalon side effects.
Epithalon and Anti-Aging
There is strong research showing that epithalon offers anti-aging benefits in animal and human test subjects.
The aforementioned 15-year follow-up study (Korkushko et al. 2011) found that patients who received biannual epithalamin treatments for three years experienced a 28% lower rate of overall mortality than those in the control group when researchers assessed them 12 years later .
According to Dr. Khavinson, epithalon “reproduces the effects of epithalamin” and was developed specifically to treat the eye retina and the pineal gland .
In summary, epithalon has been found to:
- Increase the lifespan of animal test subjects (mice and fruit flies)
- Restore the circadian rhythm of melatonin and cortisol production in animal test subjects (rhesus monkeys)
- Prolong the integrity of the eye retina in animal test subjects (rats)
- Improve visual functions in elderly patients with age-related difficulties
Despite these promising results, formal research into epithalon and anti-aging remains lacking, prompting researchers to actively explore the peptide.
Where to Buy Epithalon Online? | 2023 Guide
Researchers interested in investigating anti-aging peptides may be curious about where to buy epithalon online.
The good news is that this peptide is available to qualified researchers as a reference material. But, with so many vendors to choose from, how can researchers select the best option?
To answer that question, our team has made small test orders from a number of peptide vendors, rating based on their professionalism, prices, shipping times, and overall customer experience.
Our team can confirm that Peptide Sciences is our preferred source of epithalon. This company outperforms all others in terms of prices, shipping times, and overall reliability.
Here are a few reasons why we rate Peptide Sciences so highly.
- Independent mass spectrometry testing: To offer complete transparency to researchers, Peptide Sciences has every batch of epithalon tested by an independent lab. They then publish the results of the analyses, including mass spectrometry tests, on their website to ensure that researchers have complete trust in their peptides.
- Low prices: Peptide Sciences offers 99% pure epithalon at competitive prices. A 20mg vial of epithalon costs just $95, while a 50mg epithalon vial costs just $215 and these prices drop for researchers who order in bulk.
- Fast shipping: Peptide Sciences ships peptides to researchers worldwide and typically delivers within 2-3 days for the U.S. and 7-10 days worldwide. U.S. orders over $200 ship free. The vendor’s highly competitive shipping policies dramatically lower the cost of studying epithalon.
- Payment options: Researchers can pay with credit cards (via Mesh payments), electronic checks, FLEX payments, Apple Cash, Cash App, Zelle, Bitcoin, and Ether.
- Helpful customer service: Peptide Sciences’ friendly customer service team typically responds to email inquiries within 48 hours.
Buy Epithalon from the #1 online Peptides vendor in the world...
Bacteriostatic Water for Injection
When working with Epithalon, researchers need to follow the recommended methods of reconstitution and storage.
This requires a set of tools in addition to bacteriostatic water, such as sterile vials, insulin syringes, and needles. Don’t let the headache of searching for these items take valuable time from your research.
To eliminate the hassle and streamline your research, the Peptides.org team has surveyed the web and found a solution to all your supply needs:
This online retailer sells quality bacteriostatic water in concierge kits that include all the supplementary materials needed for your research. The Bacteriostaticwater.org catalog offers two comprehensive sets.
Check out the starter kit contents:
- Bacteriostatic Water (30mL) – 3x
- Insulin Syringes (0.5 cc/mL x 29g x ½) – 100x
- Alcohol Prep Pads – 200x
- Sterile Empty Glass Vial (10mL) – 1x
- Large Needles + Syringes Combo (3cc x 21g x 1) – 10x
For more items, go for the premium kit:
- Bacteriostatic Water (30mL) – 5x
- Insulin Syringes (0.5 cc/mL x 29g x ½) – 200x
- Alcohol Prep Pads – 200x
- Sterile Empty Glass Vial (10mL) – 2x
- Large Needles + Syringes Combo (3cc x 21g x 1) – 20x
To simplify and enhance your research, we highly recommend this trusted vendor.
Buy Bacteriostatic Water from our #1 recommended vendor...
Side Effects of Epithalon? | Verdict
Epithalamin and its derivative epithalon have undergone long-term testing in both human and animal trias, with virtually no major side effects noted to date. The anti-aging peptide has been demonstrated to provide anti-aging benefits and increase longevity, enhance sleep, and prevent certain forms of disease.
Looking to source Epithalon? Just click here.