Curious about MK-677 for women?
Then you came to the right place! Inside, we break down what researchers must know about this potent peptide for women.
Researchers interested in exploring MK-677 for women will note that this research chemical may be administered safely to female research subjects for a variety of objectives, such as improving body composition, sleep, and bone health.
In this guide, we outline what researchers must know before experimenting with MK-677, including:
- Potential benefits
- Side effects
- Overall safety profile
We present data from past studies in the context of how this peptide has been administered to test subjects, including at what dosages and for which duration.
Buy MK-677 from the #1 online Peptides vendor in the world...
Disclaimer: Peptides.org contains information about products that are intended for laboratory and research use only, unless otherwise explicitly stated. This information, including any referenced scientific or clinical research, is made available for educational purposes only. Peptides.org makes every effort to ensure that any information it shares complies with national and international standards for clinical trial information and is committed to the timely disclosure of the design and results of all interventional clinical studies for innovative treatments publicly available or that may be made available. However, research is not considered conclusive. Peptides.org makes no claims that any products referenced can cure, treat or prevent any conditions, including any conditions referenced on its website or in print materials.
What is MK-677?
MK-677 is a developmental code name for the research chemical ibutamoren, which is also known as L-163,191, MK-0677, and Ibutamoren Mesylateone.
MK-677 is an orally active selective agonist of the ghrelin receptor that stimulates the production and secretion of human growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) in test subjects without significantly affecting levels of cortisol, prolactin, thyroxine, luteinizing hormone, or aldosterone .
MK-677 behaves identically to GH-releasing peptide (GHRP-6), a synthetic hexapeptide growth hormone secretagogue (GHS). The main difference between MK-677 and GHRP-6 is that MK-677 is orally available and has a significantly longer half-life. In past studies, MK-677 has been administered to test subjects orally on a once-daily basis.
At the time of writing, MK-677 is classified as an “Investigational New Drug” by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and thus does not have approval to be marketed for human use .
MK-677 Effects On Women? | Experiences
To date, the main thrust of research interest in MK-677 has focused on its potential as an alternative to recombinant human growth hormone (rhGH) therapy for the treatment of GH deficiency in children, with an ongoing Phase 2 clinical trial seeking to investigate MK-677’s use for that purpose .
Studies have also indicated that MK-677 has clear benefits for female test subjects, including a 2001 study that documents the effects of MK-677 on bone turnover and mineral density in postmenopausal osteoporotic women . We summarize the findings of these studies below.
MK-677 Benefits | Clinical Trials
Although MK-677 remains under-researched, researchers interested in MK-677 for women may consult data from past trials to gain a fuller understanding of this research chemical’s benefits .
Promotes Lean Body Mass Production
MK-677 is known to increase levels of GH and IGF-1 in both male and female test subjects, thereby promoting lean body mass production. A 2001 trial by E Codner et al. found that MK-677 increased levels of GH, IGF-I, and IGFBP-3 in GH-deficient children after only seven days of administration, leading to significant changes in lean body mass .
Another 1998 study by Murphy et al. studied the effect of MK-677 on diet-induced catabolism. This study involved just eight healthy young volunteers placed on a diet for 14 days, finding that MK-677 preserved nitrogen balance to a significantly greater extent compared to placebo .
MK-677’s effect on lean body mass production has also been observed in a two-month trial by Svensson et al. This trial found that obese men gained 3 kg more fat-free mass (FFM) when administered MK-677 compared to placebo .
Improves Quality and Duration of Sleep
MK-677 also appears to improve both the quality and duration of sleep in research subjects. In a 1997 study, a group of healthy test subjects given 25mg MK-677 daily experienced a 20% increase in REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep and a 50% increase in Stage 4 sleep, suggesting that further research into the sleep-promoting benefits of MK-677 may be warranted .
Improves Bone Health
There is strong evidence that MK-677 is beneficial for bone health, especially in postmenopausal osteoporotic women. A 2001 study by M. G. Murphy et al. involving 292 women (64–85 yr old) with low femoral neck BMD found that MK-677 increased IGF-1 levels and mitigated the reduction in bone formation compared with alendronate alone. Researchers also noted that MK-677 reduced the effect of alendronate on resorption, highlighting the benefits of MK-677 administration to this specific population .
A 1999 study by Murphy et al., found that MK-677 improved bone turnover in elderly patients after only nine weeks, and produced a 29.4% increase in mean serum osteocalcin, which promoted bone turnover and improved bone resorption and formation .
Lastly, a 2011 study by Adunsky et al. found that MK-677 could be useful for the treatment of patients recovering from hip fracture and noted that the stair-climbing power in test subjects receiving MK-677 increased by 12.5 W while gait speed increased by a 0.7-score difference in the means .
MK-677 Dosage Guide
Although MK-677 is a research chemical that has no safe or recommended dosage, researchers may consult the literature cited herein to determine how this peptide has been administered to female test subjects in past studies [3, 9, 10].
Based on data from these studies, we can relate the following sample dosing schedule for improving body composition in female subjects:
- Daily Dosage. 12.5mg-25mg of MK-677 in capsule form.
- Frequency. Cause subject to ingest one 12.5mg capsule in the morning, and one in the evening. If the established dosage is 12.5mg, cause the subject to ingest one capsule at a set time of day.
- Study Duration. One month to three months.
- Notes. Test subjects should be monitored for insulin resistance. Our preferred vendor sells bottles of 60 MK-677 12.5mg capsules, which in most research contexts would represent a one or two-month supply of MK-677.
Where to Buy MK-677 Online? | 2023 Guide
Researchers interested in the potential benefits of MK-677 for women may be curious about where to buy MK-677 online.
To assist researchers, our team has placed small test orders with several peptide vendors and ranked them according to their prices, speed of delivery, customer service, and reliability.
Our expert reviewers ultimately chose Peptide Sciences as the best online peptide vendor. Here are the reasons why:
- Lab-tested peptides. Peptide Sciences has a firm commitment to product quality and purity, and gets each batch of MK-677 capsules tested by an independent lab. The vendor then posts the lab results on its public website, including a Certificate of Analysis (COA) and Mass Spectrometry (MS) test results for complete transparency about the quality of its MK-677 capsule.
- Reasonable prices. Peptide Sciences certainly is not the cheapest peptide vendor around, but its prices are reasonable. Researchers can expect to pay just $115 for a bottle of 60 12.5mg MK-677 capsules when they order three or more bottles. This represents an 8% saving compared with the individual price of $125 per bottle.
- Reliable shipping. Peptide Sciences’ biggest strength is that it offers fast, reliable shipping, both in the United States and internationally. Orders to the United States typically arrive in 2-3 business days while international shipments take 7-10 business days. Customers based in the United States who spend more than $200 on a single purchase will find their shipping charges waived.
- Friendly customer service. Peptide Sciences aims to answer customer inquiries within 24 hours and their staff is always polite and knowledgeable.
- Range of payment options. Researchers can pay with a wide range of convenient payment options including Apple Cash, Cash App, Zelle, credit cards (via Mesh Payments), Flex payment, and electronic checks.
- Reasonable refunds policy. While returns are not permitted, researchers can email Peptide Sciences for assistance if their order goes missing or is damaged during transit. The vendor will work hard to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
Researchers interested in exploring MK-677 for women are advised to buy from Peptide Sciences.
Buy MK-677 from the #1 online Peptides vendor in the world...
In-Depth MK-677 For Women Review | Verdict?
Researchers curious about MK-677 for women will note that several clinical studies have found it to offer benefits to female test subjects, especially in postmenopausal osteoporotic women.
As MK-677 is not a sex hormone, it can be safely administered to female subjects at a dose of 12.5-25 mg per day. At this dosage range, MK-677 appears to offer beneficial effects in terms of bone health, body composition, sleep, and fat loss.
Given the small sample size and relatively short duration of the research from which these conclusions were drawn, further investigation of MK-677 is warranted.
Looking to source MK-677? Just click here.