Curious about TB-500 benefits?
Then you're in luck, as below we breakdown all its benefits and more.
TB-500 is a synthetic version of thymosin beta-4, a healing protein that is known to regenerate and repair tissue throughout the body.
Peptide researchers are currently investigating its many uses and applications, including its role in healing soft tissue injuries, promoting cardiovascular health, and treating inflammatory conditions—just to name a few TB-500 benefits.
In this guide, we summarize the available research on TB-500’s benefits and outline what researchers must know before handling this peptide.
Buy TB-500 from our #1 recommended vendor...
Disclaimer: Peptides.org contains information about products that are intended for laboratory and research use only, unless otherwise explicitly stated. This information, including any referenced scientific or clinical research, is made available for educational purposes only. Peptides.org makes every effort to ensure that any information it shares complies with national and international standards for clinical trial information and is committed to the timely disclosure of the design and results of all interventional clinical studies for innovative treatments publicly available or that may be made available. However, research is not considered conclusive. Peptides.org makes no claims that any products referenced can cure, treat or prevent any conditions, including any conditions referenced on its website or in print materials.
What is TB-500?
TB-500 is a synthetically made iteration of thymosin beta-4, a naturally occurring peptide consisting of 43 amino acids. Found in nearly every type of human cell and tissue, thymosin beta-4 is highly concentrated in white blood cells and is known to contribute to the formation of blood cells, while accelerating processes of wound healing and tissue repair .
Early research found that thymosin beta-4 plays an important role in protecting injured cells and tissues from microbial growth and inflammation during the healing process. It works by upregulating actin, increasing angiogenesis, and mobilizing stem and progenitor cells, thus reducing myofibroblasts in wounds and the amount of scarring that occurs .
TB-500 has poor oral bioavailability and is thus administered via subcutaneous injection. However, there are also capsule-based formulas available that include Ac-SDKP, a TB-500 fragment with enhanced oral bioavailability compared to the full peptide sequence of thymosin beta-4.
Is TB-500 Legal?
When sold as a research chemical, TB-500 is available exclusively to licensed researchers and laboratory professionals. Reputable peptide vendors will list strongly worded disclaimers on their TB-500 product page, including that use of the peptide must be limited to scientific and educational research.
While researchers may legally purchase TB-500 as a reference material, it is nonetheless prudent to check local laws before placing an order.
Benefits of TB-500
While TB-500 is still classified as a research chemical, a number of studies and trials have explored its uses in test subjects . Here is a summary of the top benefits of TB-500.
- Tissue repair: TB-500 can increase the rate at which new blood cells, blood vessels, and tissue fibers are formed, and help speed up the healing process while reducing scarring .
- Cardiovascular health: A 2016 study found that TB-500 improved left ventricular function in mice following myocardial infarction, with the authors concluding that the peptide may help mediate cardioprotection .
- Wound healing: A Phase I clinical trial published in 2005 found that TB-500 repairs injured tissues and plays a “key role” in dermal- and corneal-wound healing .
- Dry eye disorder treatment: In a clinical ocular trial, six patients with non-healing neurotrophic keratitis wounds reported a “significant reduction” in eye discomfort and “completely healed” after self-administering 0.1% Tβ4 eye drops 2 to 6 times per day for 28 days .
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory action: Shah et al. found that TB-500 prevented “oxidative stress, inflammation, and fibrosis” in mice with ethanol and LPS-induced liver injury and concluded it may be beneficial as a treatment of alcohol-related liver injury .
- Insulin resistance: A 2012 study found that TB-500 ameliorates hyperglycemia and improves insulin resistance in a mouse model of type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM), indicating that it may be an alternative insulin sensitizer .
- Hair growth: Animal studies have shown that TB-500 can increase the rate of hair growth in mice, while promoting cashmere production by increasing the number of secondary hair follicles in cashmere goats .
- Tumor suppression: Researchers found that mice injected with TB-500 over-expressing myeloma cells showed a longer survival compared to mice injected with controls, with the authors concluding that the peptide may have a “tumor suppressive function” .
- TB-500 and cancer research: Huang et al. noted that TB-500 may have a place in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) therapy as it appears to suppress the proliferation of NSCLC cells by repressing Notch1 activation .
TB-500 Side Effects
Researchers are still in the process of determining what, if any, side effects may result from TB-500 administration.
As with the injection of any peptide, researchers should expect a low likelihood of injection-related side effects when administering TB-500. These may include pain, reddening, and/or discomfort at the injection site. Researchers are well-advised to rotate injection sites to mitigate the risk of injection-related reactions.
With reference to several small-scale, short-term studies involving TB-500, Goldstein et al. (2005) concluded that TB-500 has exhibited “no signs of toxicity at any given dose” and has been well-tolerated .
In three phase 2 clinical ocular trials during which patients self-administered 0.1% Tβ4 eye drops 2 to 6 times per day for 28 days reported “no evidence of any adverse events”. However, the researchers cautioned that “no long-term safety studies have been done with Tβ4 treatment in the eye for more than a month” .
Given the lack of long-term research involving TB-500, researchers’ ability to draw meaningful conclusions regarding TB-500’s long-term safety is limited, suggesting further investigation is required.
TB-500 Dosage Calculator
TB-500 is usually shipped in the form of freeze dried (lyophilized) powder that should be reconstituted with a solution like bacteriostatic water.
As most published TB-500 research to date has involved rodents, there is limited data from which to calculate TB-500 dosage in an experimental setting.
Researchers may refer to the following TB-500 dosing protocol in injury recovery contexts:
- Daily Dosage: 2mg TB-500, administered daily via subcutaneous injection
- Study Duration: 15 days.
- Notes: This protocol requires three TB-500 10mg vials per test subject per course. Depending on the subject’s recovery, researchers may continue to administer a lowered maintenance dosage of 1mg daily until full or near-full recovery.
Where to Buy TB-500 Online? | 2023 Guide
Researchers looking to delve into the benefits of TB-500 will find multiple vendors offering this peptide for sale online. But with so many to choose from, selecting a reliable, trustworthy vendor can be a challenge.
To help researchers decide where to order high-purity peptides, our team has made a series of test orders from several leading peptide vendors, ranking them according to their service, product quality, and shipping times.
Based on our review, the only vendor we currently recommend is Peptide Sciences.
Here is a breakdown of why we end:
- Independent Lab Testing: Peptide Sciences submits each batch of TB-500 for quality and purity testing by an independent laboratory before listing it for sale. Researchers can easily access the corresponding Certificate of Analysis (COA) and results of MS/HPLC testing at the vendor’s website.
- Low Prices: Peptide Sciences sells TB-500 for reasonable prices and offers good discounts for researchers who order in bulk. Individual prices vary from $39.50 for a 2mg vial of TB-500 to $165 for a 10mg vial, although researchers who order 10+ vials can save up to 13%. Seeing as these peptides are manufactured in the USA in registered facilities with strict quality controls, these prices represent great value for money.
- Fast Shipping: All U.S. orders over $200 ship free and researchers based in the U.S. can expect their order to arrive in 2-3 business days. Researchers based internationally can expect a wait time of 7-10 business days.
- Helpful Customer Service: If you have a question or concern, you can email Peptide Sciences’ friendly customer support staff, who strive to answer all inquiries within one to two business days.
Overall, Peptide Sciences is our preferred vendor for buying high-quality TB-500 made in the USA. They do a superb job of shipping peptides and we highly recommend them to any researcher.
Buy TB-500 from our #1 recommended vendor...
Bacteriostatic Water for Injection
Every researcher needs to be prepared with the right materials for proper experimentation. This is especially true for those researching TB-500 and other peptides. To correctly carry out the processes of injection, prep, and storage, a certain set of supplies is key.
Required materials include alcohol swabs, bacteriostatic water, sterile vials, and needles.
Finding the full range of necessary items can be a headache for researchers, stalling their work.
This does not have to be the case! To boost your research, Peptides.org personnel have located your best online source for all the materials required when handling research peptides.
This excellent site has it all, from insulin syringes to alcohol wipes, available in sleek and convenient packages. Take your pick of two curated supply kits available from BacteriostaticWater.org to instantly equip yourself for safe and effective research.
Try the starter research kit to enjoy:
- Bacteriostatic Water (30mL) – 3x
- Insulin Syringes (0.5 cc/mL x 29g x ½) – 100x
- Alcohol Prep Pads – 200x
- Sterile Empty Glass Vial (10mL) – 1x
- Large Needles + Syringes Combo (3cc x 21g x 1) – 10x
Receive even more essential items with the premium research kit:
- Bacteriostatic Water (30mL) – 5x
- Insulin Syringes (0.5 cc/mL x 29g x ½) – 200x
- Alcohol Prep Pads – 200x
- Sterile Empty Glass Vial (10mL) – 2x
- Large Needles + Syringes Combo (3cc x 21g x 1) – 20x
Don’t wait to furnish your lab with a deluxe supply kit from our favorite provider.
Buy Bacteriostatic Water from our #1 recommended vendor...
TB-500 Benefits | Verdict
Researchers looking to explore the benefits of TB-500 will note that this research chemical presents many opportunities for further investigation. In particular, it holds promise in contexts of wound healing, tissue repair, cardiovascular health, and the treatment of inflammatory conditions.
As TB-500 appears to be well-tolerated by test subjects while offering a range of potentially beneficial biological effects, researchers interested in conducting long-term research have multiple avenues that they may wish to explore.