Curious about TB-500 and hair growth?
Then you're in the right place, since TB-500 has been proven to promote the formation of new blood vessels and strengthen hair follicles, making it an ideal peptide for researchers looking to explore novel hair growth treatments
In this guide, we summarize the available research on TB-500 and hair growth, including the peptide’s documented benefits and safety profile.
Buy TB-500 from our #1 recommended vendor...
Disclaimer: Peptides.org contains information about products that are intended for laboratory and research use only, unless otherwise explicitly stated. This information, including any referenced scientific or clinical research, is made available for educational purposes only. Peptides.org makes every effort to ensure that any information it shares complies with national and international standards for clinical trial information and is committed to the timely disclosure of the design and results of all interventional clinical studies for innovative treatments publicly available or that may be made available. However, research is not considered conclusive. Peptides.org makes no claims that any products referenced can cure, treat or prevent any conditions, including any conditions referenced on its website or in print materials.
What is TB-500?
TB-500 is a synthetic version of thymosin beta-4, a 43 amino acid protein that is found in the cells of many human tissues. Thymosin beta-4 is especially prevalent in white blood cells and strongly associated with tissue repair and wound healing.
Following injury, thymosin beta-4 is released by various types of cells, most notably platelets and macrophages. The protein mobilizes stem and progenitor cells in the body, thereby reducing the number of myofibroblasts in wounds. This has the effect of speeding up healing and drastically reducing the amount of scarring that takes place .
Developed as an injectable replica of thymosin beta-4, TB-500 also consists of 43 amino acids and is known to upregulate actin, increase angiogenesis, and contribute to the formation of new blood cells, blood vessels, and muscle tissue fibers .
TB-500 is currently classified as a research chemical and has been extensively studied. It may be referred to as Tβ4, FX, TB4X, and TMSB4X in research literature. Qualified researchers interested in investigating TB-500 and hair growth may generally purchase the peptide online as a reference material.
TB-500 and Hair Growth
TB-500 plays a strong role in wound healing, angiogenesis, cell differentiation, and other biological processes.
Its exact role in hair growth has become a hot topic among peptide researchers over recent years, with the following studies having been undertaken:
- In 2004, Philip et al. applied topical TB-500 to the skin of rodents, finding that the peptide had the effect of stimulating hair growth through its influence over cell migration and differentiation. The researchers noted that thymosin beta-4 was clearly expressed in rodent epidermal cells in the active phase of the hair growth cycle, with the effect of promoting the migration of stem cells to the base of hair follicles .
- In 2007, Philip et al. used various rodent models, including a thymosin beta-4 overexpressing mouse model, to demonstrate that the peptide induces hair growth via stem cell migration and differentiation .
- In 2010, Cha et al. used a mouse model to demonstrate that overexpression of thymosin beta-4 in the mice was associated with accelerated hair growth, showing the important physiological role that TB-500 plays in hair health .
- In 2015, Gao et al. confirmed the ability of thymosin beta-4 to induce hair growth in another mouse model, showing a link between TB-500 and the speed of hair growth, the pattern of hair follicles, and the number of hair shafts .
- In 2016, Gao et al. examined the number of hair shafts and hair follicle structure in an overexpressing mouse model. The team found that TB-500 influences the growth of blood vessels around hair follicles by regulating levels of VEGF and MMP-2 via the Wnt/β-catenin/Lef-1 signaling pathway .
- In 2019, Li et al. experimented with a TB-500 knock-in cashmere goat and used RNA-seq analysis to show that thymosin beta-4 may promote hair growth by affecting processes such as vasoconstriction, angiogenesis, and vascular permeability around secondary hair follicles .
- As noted by Dai et al. in 2021, the exact mechanism through which TB-500 induces hair growth is not yet fully understood, but the peptide clearly plays multiple roles in hair follicle growth and development .
How to Grow Hair with TB-500
To date, TB-500 hair growth studies have been limited to animal models, which nonetheless offer detailed insight into how to grow hair with TB-500.
For example, in the 2004 study by Philip et al, researchers shaved the sides and/or backs of healthy rats and applied a topical lotion containing TB-500 or control vehicle to each side for one week. Following the treatment, the researchers found:
- An increased number of anagen‐phase hair follicles in the skin areas treated with thymosin beta-4 (seen below in figs. a and d).
- An increase in the number of hair follicles in rats treated with TB-500 increased at the wound margins to approximately twice that in the rats treated with the control vehicle.
When the team continued tri-weekly treatment over 30 days, they noticed a retention in the increased number of hairs in the anagen phase .
The team concluded that TB-500 promotes hair growth in rats through various mechanisms. For one, the peptide creates blood vessels near hair follicles and promotes hair-clonogenic keratinocyte cell migration. It also accelerates growth during the active phase of the hair follicle cycle by promoting the migration of stem cells to the base of the hair follicles .
In another study, the team also tested whether TB-500 could promote hair growth in wild mice. The researchers first determined that all hair follicles of the subjects were in the telogen stage, and then shaved the subjects’ back areas of the mice, before applying either TB-500 or a control vehicle for up to one week.
Following treatment, the TB-500 group mice displayed quick hair regrowth while those of the control group did not. By conducting a histological examination of the mice, the team concluded that TB-500 induced activation of hair follicles.
However, researchers noted that following continuous treatment with TB-500, the newly grown hair persisted for just 30 days and the number of hair follicles dropped to baseline within two weeks of the treatment ending .
Sample TB-500 Hair Growth Dosing Protocol
The available research to date indicates the following general TB-500 protocol, which may also be applied for hair growth:
- Daily Dosage: 1-2mg of TB-500
- Frequency: Administer one injection daily, following a set schedule.
- Study Duration: 15-20 days
- Notes: Each subject would require two to three TB-500 10mg vials, per course.
Besides its potential to stimulate hair growth, TB-500 has demonstrated other noteworthy benefits across various studies. We include a summary of the main TB-500 benefits below.
- TB-500 has been shown to improve left ventricular function in mice following myocardial infarction, providing compelling evidence that it is beneficial for tissue repair and may mediate cardioprotection .
- Researchers have found a link between increased levels of plasma thymosin beta-4 in cardiac disease patients undergoing stem cell therapy, revealing its potential in the treatment or management of cardiovascular disease .
- Strong interest in TB-500’s effect on wound healing stems from a 2005 Phase I clinical trial, which found that the peptide plays a key role in dermal- and corneal-wound healing and could support healing in chronic cutaneous wounds .
- According to a 2015 review, TB-500 is potentially beneficial for treating dry eye disorders and other tissue injuries. Three ocular studies have shown that test subjects who self-administered 0.1% Tβ4 eye drops 2 to 6 times per day for four weeks experienced improvements in the rate of healing .
- According to a 2018 study, TB-500 has strong antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antifibrotic properties in the specific context of alcoholic liver injury .
Is TB-500 Safe?
According to the findings of multiple research teams, TB-500 is non-toxic and has not been linked to any serious side effects:
- Goldstein et al. reported that TB-500 exhibited “no signs of toxicity at any given dose” and was well-tolerated .
- Sosne and Kleinman (2015) noted that three phase 2 clinical ocular trials involving TB-500 found “no evidence of any adverse events” .
- Crockford D et al. noted that TB-500 has a positive safety profile and has not been linked to any serious adverse events .
While highly promising, the above studies have involved small sample sizes with durations of less than one month. For example, with reference to the clinical ocular trials mentioned in Sosne and Kleinman, the researchers noted that “no long-term safety studies have been done with Tβ4 treatment in the eye for more than a month” .
Accordingly, researchers should survey all available TB-500 literature before drawing any conclusions relative to the peptide’s safety.
Where to Buy TB-500 Online? | 2023 Guide
Researchers interested in investigating TB-500 for hair growth should have no problem sourcing this research chemical online. In our team’s experience, Peptide Sciences is the best online vendor in the industry.
They reliably ship USA-made peptides to any US address within 2-3 business days, and ship to certain destinations worldwide in 7-10 business days.
Here are some of the specific reasons why we rate them so highly:
- Independently-tested peptides: Researchers who purchase TB-500 from Peptide Sciences will see that each batch has its own certificate of analysis (COA), issued by an independent laboratory. This proves that the vendor’s TB-500 is pure and suitable for administration in a research setting.
- Reasonable prices: The most cost-effective way to purchase TB-500 from Peptide Sciences is to buy the 10mg version, which retails for $165. Researchers who order in bulk (10+ vials) can save another 13% from the cost of their order. Considering that the vendor’s peptides are produced in US facilities under strict controls, this vendor’s pricing is very competitive.
- Fast shipping: Since Peptide Sciences is based in the U.S., domestic deliveries take 2-3 business days and shipping fees are waived on orders over $200. Researchers based internationally should receive their order within 7-10 business days.
- Solid customer service: You may contact Peptide Sciences’ team of knowledgeable customer service reps via email and expect a response within 24 hours.
Considering their low prices, fast shipping times, and high-purity products, we wholeheartedly recommend Peptide Sciences to any researcher looking to investigate TB-500 for hair growth.
Buy TB-500 from our #1 recommended vendor...
Bacteriostatic Water for Injection
Whether you are a veteran researcher or just starting out, you need access to certain supplies to correctly handle TB-500, as well as other research peptides. Your lab should be stocked with the tools to properly store, prepare, and inject peptide solutions.
The needed items include alcohol wipes, needles, bacteriostatic water, and several others.
It can be a hassle for some researchers to get their hands on all these materials.
We at Peptides.org understand this challenge and so are excited to offer you our top recommendation for buying all the essential materials for your peptide research.
This online retailer is our favorite due to its quality selection of efficient supply kits that deliver the essentials. Conveniently furnish your lab with one of the two sets available from BacteriostaticWater.org.
Offerings from the starter research kit include:
- Bacteriostatic Water (30mL) – 3x
- Insulin Syringes (0.5 cc/mL x 29g x ½) – 100x
- Alcohol Prep Pads – 200x
- Sterile Empty Glass Vial (10mL) – 1x
- Large Needles + Syringes Combo (3cc x 21g x 1) – 10x
Receive more from the premium research kit, replete with:
- Bacteriostatic Water (30mL) – 5x
- Insulin Syringes (0.5 cc/mL x 29g x ½) – 200x
- Alcohol Prep Pads – 200x
- Sterile Empty Glass Vial (10mL) – 2x
- Large Needles + Syringes Combo (3cc x 21g x 1) – 20x
Quickly and easily equip yourself for successful research with an order from this first-rate supplier. Don't wait to get your deluxe kit here!
Buy Bacteriostatic Water from our #1 recommended vendor...
TB-500 Hair Growth | Verdict
In this review, we highlighted the roles of TB-500 in hair growth, covering research on how the peptide mediates hair follicle growth and development in animal models. Namely, we examined how a research team was able to grow hair with TB-500 by creating blood vessels near hair follicles and by promoting the migration of stem cells to those follicles.
We also went over the many other potential uses of TB-500, including tissue repair, wound healing, and eye health. TB-500 has exhibited a favorable safety profile in the research to date, with no major events reported.
Looking to source TB-500? Just click here.